Less Alcohol - February 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Sub4_2018
    Sub4_2018 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Another weekend in the books! So far since adding alcohol back, I've been able to stick to 4 AF days a week, and no more than 3 drinks in a sitting. This coming weekend will be my first real "test" as one of my closest girlfriends is coming into town and spending 3-4 nights with us. My plan is to drink Fri/Sat but to take it slow and continually check in with myself. It feels very doable right now so I'm hoping it stays that way as the weekend gets closer!
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    drag myself back in here to tell you all that since last thursday I've been drinking something daily LOL! I am HOWEVER stopping myself and saying "ok enough, you have your buzz, now cut it out"..... For V Day only had 3 glasses of wine (we usually get 3-4 bottles) between us (6 people) so that was a big improvement. My friends and I are all mindfully drinking LESS. I am jumping back in and not drinking the rest of the month, I HOPE
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    @marcvb35 one drink less than you normally have is great progress! This thread is great because it’s everyone drinking less- whatever that means to you. It is hard to break the daily habit, but stick with it, soon enough that craving will disappear.

Very inspired by everyone’s journey on this thread. Thanks for being so supportive!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Even although I drank too much on Saturday, and am still suffering from a slight hangover I am trying to focus on some positives of what I have achieved. I seem to have managed to stop drinking every weekend and in fact, I don't even want to drink the way I used to be. In fact my recent binge drinking session and awful hangover is now making me question if I want to drink at all! Or maybe start having a limit in place for when I do drink.

This hangover brought with it, a feeling of depression, anxiety and I feel so unorganized and iv slipped off my diet, I just don't see how any of this is worth it.

Lots of things for me to think about.

Your post are really connecting with me. If you have answered this in the past I apologize, but.....how long have you been able to monitor your drinking? Were you an every night drinker?
    I feel funny asking these questions, but I am struggling. Love my drinking. Know it MUST change....or completely stop.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    February accountability ~19 days so far
    No Alcohol: 11 days
    Alcohol: 8 days (16 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including the last few days of January to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - AF ! Yeah me! Dining Out group.
    Jan 30 - AF Office celebration mexican restaurant without margaritas
    Jan 31 - Planned 2 but kept to 1 glass wine! Celebrating retirement from company after 30 years
    Feb 1 - AF
    Feb 2 - AF Brunch without mimosas
    Feb 3 - AF

Hit my target of 4 AF days per week again! This is getting easier. It is all about balancing my life choices.
    Feb 4 - AF
    Feb 5 - AF - I wanted a bottle of wine but we didn’t buy it.
    Feb 6 - AF - DH wanted a bottle of wine but we passed.
    Feb 7 - Bunco: 2 glasses wine (planned for 1 but poured myself a 2nd out of habit)
    Feb 8 - 2 glasses wine
    Feb 9 - AF
    Feb 10 - AF

Not a good week. Only 2 AF days when the target it 4 for the week. But I’m still good for achieving the monthly goal. And the previous 2 weeks I was 5-6 AF days each week. The camp is definitely a challenge!
    Feb 11 - AF
    Feb 12 - AF
    Feb 13 - 3 glasses wine. DD moving day. DD’s thank you for us caring for their dog for 3 days while they packed and then helping with the move all day … was wine, pizza & Randazzo’s king cake. DH & my first date Feb 13 seems like a zillion years ago.
    Note: Challenging weekend ahead (next 4 nights). Usually I have 3-5 drinks per night at the fishing camp. Plus my sister will be there and she brought bottles of wine. Plan 1 drink per evening.
    Feb 14 - 2 beers sunset at the fishing camp this weekend
    Feb 15 - 1 glass of wine with Mom's 82nd birthday dinner
    Feb 16 - 1 beer
    Feb 17 - 2 beer

Feb 18 - 3 glasses of wine. Bookclub: Turned out the hostess had a company come in and do a surprise wine tasting session.
    Feb 19 - AF
    Feb 20 - Bookclub: Plan AF (Annual physical)
    Feb 21 - Alumnae Meeting called For the Love of Wine & Girl Scout Cookies … this pairing tasting could be a real challenge!
    Feb 22 -
    Feb 23 -
    Feb 24 -
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    @marcvb35 one drink less than you normally have is great progress! This thread is great because it’s everyone drinking less- whatever that means to you. It is hard to break the daily habit, but stick with it, soon enough that craving will disappear.

Very inspired by everyone’s journey on this thread. Thanks for being so supportive!

lol -thank you but on 2/18 I did plan on 5 weak drinks from the bar and only had 4. just so you know this was way less then normal and I had to make a new plan.

• marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

Keep coming back. I need you.
    I feel like you get it.
    I know all here most likely do, but I struggle so much.
    Each day is a new beginning.

I am back --- This is my AA because I am to shy to speak out in public (without a drink) and I don't plan on quitting drinking 100%. I will be here for all but remember I am an addict/extremist and probably do not have good or healthy advice on drinking less or dieting. kinda on a diet break right now to focus on the drinking
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »

Keep coming back. I need you.
    I feel like you get it.
    I know all here most likely do, but I struggle so much.
    Each day is a new beginning.

I am back --- This is my AA because I am to shy to speak out in public (without a drink) and I don't plan on quitting drinking 100%. I will be here for all but remember I am an addict/extremist and probably do not have good or healthy advice on drinking less or dieting. kinda on a diet break right now to focus on the drinking

The fact that you are here sharing with us is inspiration, so dont think you dont have something to offer us. Good for you that you are making a plan- that is a fantastic first step. YOU GOT THIS!
  • mabelsdaddy
    mabelsdaddy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    2/1: 3 drinks
    2/2: AF
    2/3: 1 drink
    2/4: AF
    2/5: AF
    2/6: 1 Beer.
    2/7: 6 beers, 2 shots and frustration
    2/8: AF
    2/9: Um, went to a rock concert...so too much to count :)
    2/10: AF
    2/11: 2 beers
    2/12: AF
    2/13: AF
    2/14: a 6 pack basically.
    2/15: AF
    2/16: AF
    2/17: 2 beers.
    2/18: AF
    2/19: AF
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    May the force be with me! I'm ice fishing at 9p tonight and safely assume my bf does not want me bringing wine.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @marcvb35 YES!! My AA too...……...I live in a small town and those that don't know I drink, don't need to know...well that's how I feel now....may not be right, but anyways the point is....I am so thankful for this group!
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    There are alternatives to AA--which is so not my thing (unless I can go to one with only people like those on Mom :-)). One is Smart Recovery (smartrecovery.org), which is science based, located in both in US and UK, and has online meetings as well.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,562 Member
    Options
    Goal: 4AF days per week. It is a short month.

February 1 - 3 drinks
    February 2 - AF
    February 3 - 3 drinks - Superbowl was boring this year. I have to rack up some AF days!
    February 4 - AF
    February 5 - AF
    February 6 - AF
    February 7 - 3 drinks
    February 8 - AF, but was planning on some champagne in the bubble bath. I had such a nice dinner that I didn't have any calories left for champagne - heavy whipping cream chicken pesto with linguine. Lots of calories, but all within my range for the day.
    February 9 - AF
    February 10 - 3 drinks
    February 11 - AF
    February 12 - AF
    February 13 - 3 drinks
    February 14 - AF
    February 15 - AF - Mulled wine at my house tomorrow, in between the snowmobile events, bands and fireworks. (We will be out standing in the snow, the streets are closed for the event). The mulled wine will simmer all day. Really looking forward to some wintery fun and the smell that my house will take on from the cinnamon and cloves, oranges, port and wine. I like that I have known about it for weeks and am happy to have racked up AF days this month. If I don't feel well Sunday morning I will just stay in bed.
    February 16 - Mulled wine over the course of 8 hours. Kept it topped up every time we came back to my house out of the snow in between events. I actually am not sure how much I had. It was delicious. I don't mind having mulled wine once a year. There is a bunch left over though...
    February 17 - 1/2 of a Caesar out at dinner, then 3 drinks later. Plus I ate a bunch of the strained oranges out of the leftover mulled wine lol. 2 glasses of that left, planning to drink them on Wednesday, put it in the fridge. It has been a really fun BC family day weekend. I do feel good to be moderating. I still feel like having drinks every day, but just don't anymore.
    February 18 - AF
    February 19 - AF
    February 20
    February 21
    February 22 - planned night out
    February 23
    February 24
    February 25
    February 26
    February 27
    February 28

Running tab: 12 AF days out of 19 days - need at least 4 more AF days to hit my goal for the month.