What made you fat?

Options
All of you who have lost weight or are losing it right now, what do you think - what made you fat in the first place?

Replies

• Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Like the poster above, eating more calories than my body burned. That is the simplicity of it. Getting to the reason why is a bit more complicated. For me, I went from a job where I was on my feet and busy all day to a job behind a desk. Decreased overall TDEE, plus increased time to be able to eat/snack/think about food out of boredom lead to my weight creeping up. I enjoy food, and one of my bad habits that I constantly struggle with is eating out of boredom. I am working to find "distractions" to change my thoughts for when I want to eat yet I am not hungry, as that is the root cause of my excess calories.
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was lazy and ate more calories than I burned. It all boils down to lazy for me.
  • cloverrea
    cloverrea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to be much more active but when my activity decreased I never adjusted what I ate, then add in alcohol and there you have it, an increase in weight.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Eating too much and not moving enough. I love rich food.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Stressful jobs (emotional eater here) and moving from a city with great public transport to one without. No longer burned calories daily by walking 60+ minutes a day at a brisk pace because I drive everywhere now.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Not being mindful of how much food I was really eating. I never got obese, but did get 19-25ishlbs over what I was comfortable with.