Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    You’re doing great and I hope you’re proud of your accomplishments! Nice work and keep it up!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @MountainTopMom, happy belated birthday!! My mom died at 56. Way too young for your parents. Sorry for that loss in your life. <3
  • Fledaws
    Fledaws Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I'm starting over again myself. Lost 30 pounds last year and then lost my way over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then January came and went. Then I noticed it was the middle of February and I still haven't done anything! Have been trying to find the willpower to just get started again and finally drew a line in the sand and said Today is the day. Starting slowly.
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fledaws wrote: »
    Is it too late to join? I'm starting over again myself. Lost 30 pounds last year and then lost my way over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then January came and went. Then I noticed it was the middle of February and I still haven't done anything! Have been trying to find the willpower to just get started again and finally drew a line in the sand and said Today is the day. Starting slowly. [/quote

I hope that you will find us to be supportive. I'm the sort of person who sits and researches and reads around a subject, and the latest research shows that willpower is over-rated. The real secret of thin people is that they don't have the "naughty" treats easily to hand, and most importantly don't buy excess amounts of them for a celebration. So it's fine not to have the willpower, as long as you don't have cupboards full of temptation..
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    @MountainTopMom I'm sure it's such a bittersweet time. Hugs and love to you my Colorado Friend. I agree that age is a state of mind and the healthier our bodies the younger our minds - Seize the Day <3
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fledaws wrote: »
    Is it too late to join? I'm starting over again myself. Lost 30 pounds last year and then lost my way over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then January came and went. Then I noticed it was the middle of February and I still haven't done anything! Have been trying to find the willpower to just get started again and finally drew a line in the sand and said Today is the day. Starting slowly.

Welcome. I was all into it in January and finding the long term hard. Love this group. I check in everyday. Welcome!
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new comers!
  • mchasearnott
    mchasearnott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So glad to see this group! Count me in too! I recently gained 25ish lbs. Want to get back in shape and learn to regulate my portions again!
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Snowy day here in Colorado- Hope all are doing well, keep on keeping on!
  • MelMcLellan0170
    MelMcLellan0170 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m in, will be hitting 50 soon enough! Been using this app for over three years and sometimes the struggle is hard! So I decided to start a new and create a new profile. Fresh start, fresh goals! Hopefully this will be the kick in the *kitten* that’s needed!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Snowy, rainy here in Ohio. Temperature has been below 0 to over 60 in the last month. Crazy.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    G'Morning Everybody! Make this day yours :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »

Snowy, rainy here in Ohio. Temperature has been below 0 to over 60 in the last month. Crazy.

Snowing in southern Idaho today, too. I have to remind myself that snow in the winter turns into water in the rivers in the summertime.
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »

Snowing in southern Idaho today, too. I have to remind myself that snow in the winter turns into water in the rivers in the summertime.

We"re getting snow here in New Hampshire overnight into tomorrow making the morning commute not so fun....I like that reminder @alteredsteve175 that the snow turns into water in the rivers!!

Stay warm!
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am 48, feel free to add me.
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone’s having a good week so far. No snow on the coast, just some rainy days and colder temps. It’s suppose to be 70 tomorrow, so that’ll be great. 😊
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Ok let’s hear from everyone, I finished under my calorie goal with 38 remaining and walked 3.02 km’s yesturday. It was hard fighting that urge to go over my cal’s but, I held the temptation off!! Day 2 of the fresh start begins!! Everyone have a great day!

Great job brother, you stuck it out.

I'm totally dialed during the week, but weekends can be a real struggle. For me personally I try to think in terms of food substitution vs, food denial. Some days though.. it's a full time job to not eat what I want.

50 isn't so bad, and I try to remind myself of what's more important, this peanut butter sandwich (insert any food here), or do I want to look a certain way, or achieve a certain goal.

iz46afrigeht.jpg