Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »
    Ok let’s hear from everyone, I finished under my calorie goal with 38 remaining and walked 3.02 km’s yesturday. It was hard fighting that urge to go over my cal’s but, I held the temptation off!! Day 2 of the fresh start begins!! Everyone have a great day!

Great job brother, you stuck it out.

I'm totally dialed during the week, but weekends can be a real struggle. For me personally I try to think in terms of food substitution vs, food denial. Some days though.. it's a full time job to not eat what I want.

50 isn't so bad, and I try to remind myself of what's more important, this peanut butter sandwich (insert any food here), or do I want to look a certain way, or achieve a certain goal.

iz46afrigeht.jpg

I'm the same way. During the week I can usually stick to it, not a lot of free time between work and the gym. On the weekends I have too much time to sit around and it seems like I'm always hungry. Try to stay busy, but it is tougher in the winter.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    11Templars wrote: »
    Ok let’s hear from everyone, I finished under my calorie goal with 38 remaining and walked 3.02 km’s yesturday. It was hard fighting that urge to go over my cal’s but, I held the temptation off!! Day 2 of the fresh start begins!! Everyone have a great day!

Great job brother, you stuck it out.

I'm totally dialed during the week, but weekends can be a real struggle. For me personally I try to think in terms of food substitution vs, food denial. Some days though.. it's a full time job to not eat what I want.

50 isn't so bad, and I try to remind myself of what's more important, this peanut butter sandwich (insert any food here), or do I want to look a certain way, or achieve a certain goal.

iz46afrigeht.jpg

I'm the same way. During the week I can usually stick to it, not a lot of free time between work and the gym. On the weekends I have too much time to sit around and it seems like I'm always hungry. Try to stay busy, but it is tougher in the winter.

I totally here you on this. I live in the mountains, so winters are long, snowy, and dark. pretty much done for this year. For me personally, the key is staying busy. But, that being said; you've gotta live a bit right?
  • pattybristow
    pattybristow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good luck Partyperson! The choice to get started is an amazing choice in itself!
  • vw5212003
    vw5212003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in, and I need HELP!!!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @tensquaredlives, great news about your walk! I was able to get two walks in this week and it felt so good to do without too much knee pain. I feel the same as you do about not taking it for granted!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    vw5212003 wrote: »
    I'm in, and I need HELP!!!

Specifically, what do you need help with?
  • wydoc
    wydoc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Major NSV... got in a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for at least 3 years.....my BH is very happy with me....

Great work!
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Headed back from stressful family vacation. Looking forward to getting back to routine and tracking and um.... letting my liver rest. 😬. On the scale Monday. Will not be pretty. 😫
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend everyone! Just thinking about all of us over 50er's- we are strong, motivated, and possitive- one day at a time, even if we stumble, we move forward! Love from Colorado
  • pattybristow
    pattybristow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow morning, have had a week off and really struggled to keep track of the calories I ate! Not good at all, but hoping that going back to work tomorrow will help me get back on track!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    No looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow morning, have had a week off and really struggled to keep track of the calories I ate! Not good at all, but hoping that going back to work tomorrow will help me get back on track!

You can do this. And the gain is often not as great as we fear.

Part of the journey is learning to navigate through life when it's difficult to stay on your program. I understand your trepidation about the weigh-in, though. I'm off to camp next week for a few days. I expect that will cause a temporary weight gain.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Saw 199 on the scale this morning. Happy dance! Now to stay south of 200 forever.

Awesome!
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Saw 199 on the scale this morning. Happy dance! Now to stay south of 200 forever.
    Havetobme wrote: »
    I just beat my personal record with 92,010 steps in the Workweek Hustle challenge! #Fitbit

I'm learning more about myself each week.

Way to go!!!