Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    So sorry she's dealing with that, @fishgutzy.

She has adapted. SA us just one of several different autoimmune disorders she has been dealing with for some time. A couple of them for more than 2 decades.
    She started swimming too. Despite growing up in a tropical island, she never learned how to swim. At 60 she is learning and loving it.
  • I’m in! Trying to return to running by eating Keto, adding strength training, and commiting to a half marathon in May. Not as easy at 52 as it was at 22, 32, or even 42! 😳 Looking for some like-minded fitness accountability friends.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Hi from West Oz.... back in the saddle and making a serious effort this time, school friends having heart attacks and another friend dropping dead while on vacation has meant a bit of a lifestyle reassessment. Was hanging around 105 kg over Xmas and the New Year, but decided I really need to stop being overweight. so that means getting down to 80kg for my 6ft frame...I don't think I ever was that.... I just passed it by! So now into February and I am no longer obese... merely overweight.

Yay for just overweight! I joined you today too :) Well done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Just hit my first goal of 200lbs this morning! Onward to 190.

Congratulations! I made it to Onederland yesterday myself. Now to stay there. HAHA! :)

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Hi from West Oz.... back in the saddle and making a serious effort this time, school friends having heart attacks and another friend dropping dead while on vacation has meant a bit of a lifestyle reassessment. Was hanging around 105 kg over Xmas and the New Year, but decided I really need to stop being overweight. so that means getting down to 80kg for my 6ft frame...I don't think I ever was that.... I just passed it by! So now into February and I am no longer obese... merely overweight.

Congrats on a great job! Was on my high school FB and saw 8 from my class are gone. It hits home.
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Picking up groceries, eating some Indian food at hubby's favorite place, driving to see some homes for sale, then church tomorrow and a nice, long nap on the couch. Have a great weekend, Steve!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    @alteredsteve175 a beer tasting followed by a blood donation made me laugh :)
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    It’s a rainy dreary day here in NC. I managed to get out and get a walk in between raindrops. Got some grocery shopping done and some things at home. Still trying to rest and recover from a cold that doesn’t want to go away, and finally broke down and bought some cough medicine today.
  • alteredsteve175
    solieco1 wrote: »
    @alteredsteve175 a beer tasting followed by a blood donation made me laugh :)

Good reason to be somewhat restrained and make certain I don't have a hangover in the morning. HAHA! >:)o:)

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited February 2019
    Good reason to be somewhat restrained and make certain I don't have a hangover in the morning. HAHA! >:)o:)

:D:D And congrats on Onederland!!
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Good day everyone, I just started a biggest loser competition. This just might be the forum to keep their hands on my back to keep me pushing forward.
  • alteredsteve175

:D:D And congrats on Onederland!!

Thank you! Made that 6:30 AM appointment, too.

• poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Hi everyone. I’ve been quiet...very unlike me! Lol. On vacation...not tracking but not insane either. Guess I will find out when I get home. Going to try to be more active this week too!
  • ndargy1977
    ndargy1977 Posts: 38 Member
    So glad I've just found this group!!!

50 last year, and appx 20 pounds over weight. I really need accountability and motivation, as I seem to loose both when I don't see the weight coming off....I know, patience!! Especially at "our ages"...........

Please, anyone feel free to add me......... but I must say I really enjoy seeing peoples diaries, as it helps me if I'm in a food rut :)

Nicole from NH
  • MountainTopMom
    MountainTopMom Posts: 65 Member
    Glad you're back @PartyPerson !