Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt

Have a great week everyone🙂
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    No looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow morning, have had a week off and really struggled to keep track of the calories I ate! Not good at all, but hoping that going back to work tomorrow will help me get back on track!

You can do this. And the gain is often not as great as we fear.

Part of the journey is learning to navigate through life when it's difficult to stay on your program. I understand your trepidation about the weigh-in, though. I'm off to camp next week for a few days. I expect that will cause a temporary weight gain.

Like Steve said, it probably isn't as bad as you think. I tend to weigh 4 or 5 pounds more on Monday morning, by Wednesday or Thursday I'm back to or below what I ended with the previous week. As long as the overall trend is down you are doing great.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Thinking I need to go dig out the snowshoes!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    No looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow morning, have had a week off and really struggled to keep track of the calories I ate! Not good at all, but hoping that going back to work tomorrow will help me get back on track!

You can do this. And the gain is often not as great as we fear.

Part of the journey is learning to navigate through life when it's difficult to stay on your program. I understand your trepidation about the weigh-in, though. I'm off to camp next week for a few days. I expect that will cause a temporary weight gain.

Like Steve said, it probably isn't as bad as you think. I tend to weigh 4 or 5 pounds more on Monday morning, by Wednesday or Thursday I'm back to or below what I ended with the previous week. As long as the overall trend is down you are doing great.

The Scale, is not as honest as one might think. I am dialed with my diet, and it (scale) fluctuates 5+ pounds on me regularly.

For me personally, I focus on how want to look. Subtle changes, pant sizes etc. Does anyone really care what they weigh if they look the way they want to?

This is me at 209 on Sunday. On Friday morning I was 206.

kra77ecml1zr.jpg
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »

The Scale, is not as honest as one might think. I am dialed with my diet, and it (scale) fluctuates 5+ pounds on me regularly.

For me personally, I focus on how want to look. Subtle changes, pant sizes etc. Does anyone really care what they weigh if they look the way they want to?

Likewise for me. I weigh daily and track the numbers with the Libra weight trending app. Five pounds swings are common when I have a couple of adult beverages or eat a lot of salty, carby food. No worries, because I know that most of that is water retention.
  • solieco1
    Options
    Happy Scale (IOS) and Libra (Android) will keep you sane!
  • solieco1
    Options
    @11Templars your screen name with your tattoos is fascinating. Tell us the story.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I would join, but cannot find the group. can someone message me the link??
  • alteredsteve175
    edited February 2019
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Happy Scale (IOS) and Libra (Android) will keep you sane!

Amen to that, sister! And seeing the graph with a downward line after a month or two is a great motivation to stay on program.
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    I would join, but cannot find the group. can someone message me the link??

Nothing to join, Charlie. Just post here in the thread as you like. We're all just here encouraging and supporting each other.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Getting pumped(pun intended) to go to the Arnold Sports Festival this Saturday. Anybody else going?
  • solieco1
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @11Templars your screen name with your tattoos is fascinating. Tell us the story.

'....Integrity is everything, I was taught, and I believe deeply, that those of us who can, have an obligation to help those who can't. We have an obligation to protect those, who are unable to protect themselves...my calling isn't to judge, convert, or convict you. It's simply to love you....'

laahs9mf4bfi.jpg

Very well said and well lived. And tattoos have never been about judgement either in my book. i just sensed there might be a great story behind yours and I was right <3
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Well, to over simplify, it was something I was raised with, that has stuck with me my entire life. For lack of articulation, and my own distaste for the word, I am a deeply "religious" person who believes all like is sacred, regardless of Colour, Religion, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Age etc. Integrity is everything, I was taught, and I believe deeply, that those of us who can, have an obligation to help those who can't. We have an obligation to protect those, who are unable to protect themselves. Whether that's financial, emotional, providing physical security, or what have you. I believe and was taught from a young age that my calling isn't to judge, convert, or convict you. It's simply to love you. if one cannot love others, especially those to which he has a moral or personal grudge with, or can only love when it is reciprocal, it is not love he is practicing, it is business.

So, the tattoos are an outward symbol of said faith.

Certain things, I am not a liberty to get into, so we'll stick with the cliff notes above. lol

All that That being said; I do have two degrees. (Psychology and Comp Sci.), so don't let the tattoos fool ya. Parents were pretty rigid on the education thing too..

laahs9mf4bfi.jpg

Nice philosophy. Interesting seeing photos and then hearing it. Thanks for sharing
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning, happy March! Hope everyone is doing well! vma78av9uuvx.jpeg
  • mmebouchon
    mmebouchon Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Enjoy the weekend
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @NCBlessings, I want to be there!!! B)