Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Especially true if I know dinner is going to be at a restaurant.

This is key for me when eating out.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    ... Basically my daily plan is log on enter meals for the day, total the cals (not to exceed 1300) add 750 for 1.5# loss and count my daily burn 2050 on my fitbit. Pretty boring but working. I imagine it to get harder the closer I get to ideal weight. I have 1 pound until I get to my BMI of 24.8 and now I hear no one uses BMI, of course. Feel free to add me. Any inspiration is welcome! Best of luck!

Seems like a great plan, Stephanie. You've got a good handle on the situation. And don't worry about BMI. Pay attention to how you feel and how you look. You have the only opinion that matters there. Will send a friend request.

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    +1000! Great reminder and I agree!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    TGIF
  • Linda_Meza
    Linda_Meza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just found this forum but count me in from California, 56 and office job that keeps me from even doing the most basic - get up and move every hour - goal.

Renewed my gym membership yesterday and was surprised to find they've finally added two rowing machines, which I love over all other cardio equipment and found a few podcasters I'm listening to to help fill up the time vs just music.

I like MFP so far because it causes me to be mindful of my calories in given how little I move during my 9:00 - ? job. My goal for next week is not to eat after 5:00. I seems doable on a carb restrictive diet.
  • cory17
    Options
    Happy Monday All! Not sure what happened to the original poster. I thought his question of day was great.
    Here's mine... Just curious, are people in this group mostly cooking for one, two or a family?

Mostly cooking for my dh, he eats mostly meat and potato, rice, a little salad, bread. and separately for me - vegetables, fruit, a little chicken/fish, no salt. Gets frustrating.
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All! Not sure what happened to the original poster. I thought his question of day was great.
    Here's mine... Just curious, are people in this group mostly cooking for one, two or a family?
    Hey Steph, It’s just myself and my college age daughter at home. She tends to eat a lot of fast food, so I end up cooking just for myself most of the time.
  • ArdieAgain
    ArdieAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A question for you all...

Do you pre-plan what you are eating for the day (enter it in MFP and then check it off when you actually eat it)? Do you follow a set meal plan from some kind of program? Do you meal prep for the week? OR do you just eat and then log it?

I don't pre-plan so much as I pre-log my lunch and snacks. I have a bunch of healthy meals I have frozen up to take for lunch and I add some healthy snacks. I'll put all that in, so I see how many calories I have left for supper. It is a good incentive to get in my 15-min breaks and lunchtime steps...
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hope your week is going well. Welcome to all the newbies! We have had a stretch of fantastic weather and it feels like spring. I know it's just a brief break because we have at least a couple more months of rain here in the Pacific Northwest. But it sure was great to be outside. I got in some extra walking and did a bunch of gardening.

Thanks for the responses to my question about pre-logging food. Seems like most of you log as you go but have certain meals that are standard each day.

Here is another question for you....
    Do you use a event or date on the calendar to motivate you and stay on track? Or do you have daily goals? Some people reward themselves for hitting certain milestones. What do you do?

My son is getting married this summer and I would really like to look better for the photos. My ex husband and his trophy wife (size 00 and ten year younger) will be there. Right now I would rather hide under a rock. I can't decide if that actually motivates me or just terrifies me.

Hang in there folks. One day at a time.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello from Colorado! It is so hard not to judge yourself by others standards, we are unique and loved, just know you are doing the best you can, get back up when fallen and find the joy in being you!
  • ellenecoxcox75
    Options
    Manic Monday everybody- How did everybody do?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Manic Monday everybody- How did everybody do?

It went well. "Manic Monday" reminded me of one of my guilty pleasures - 80's girl bands - The Bangles - The Go-Gos. Don't tell anyone. HAHA! :D

• ellenecoxcox75
    Options
    60 degrees and beautiful here in colorful Colorado! Happy Wednesday all
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    During my walks I enjoy the quiet time it gives me to talk with Jesus. Today He brought to mind this reminder- we are each designed on purpose for His purpose. We are each unique and beautiful in His eyes. We need not let a number on a scale or a pant size define us. Take time to celebrate you and how amazing you are. The rest will come when it’s time. I’m going to work on finding ways to celebrate whose I am and who I am this week. May you each find ways to celebrate the amazing YOU this week🌟you’re doing awesome and will reach your goals in His timing. Enjoy the journey along the way. Have a great week!
  • cory17
    Options

My son is getting married this summer and I would really like to look better for the photos. My ex husband and his trophy wife (size 00 and ten year younger) will be there. Right now I would rather hide under a rock. I can't decide if that actually motivates me or just terrifies me.

I have the exact same situation in October. >:)
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »

I have the exact same situation in October. >:)

You got this!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Just checking in - Hi everyone!
  • NCBlessings
    NCBlessings Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good morning! 😃
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options