Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• deb1ray
    deb1ray Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    55 and determined. Feel free to add me
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @celtikgirl and @deb1ray! You're part of a great group of people who will encourage you and cheer you on to your healthy goals! :smile:
  • Princess_Damama
    Princess_Damama Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 55 and been here two weeks. My goal is to lose 70 lbs. It would be great to have a group of friends my age. I welcome all friend requests. :smile:
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I joined this past weekend. Got 35 pounds to lose. Exercise is no problem for me but food is another story. Could I join in?

What is the problem with food? Self control is key.

After you record a few weeks of meals in the MFP Diary, you can easily see what each food is doing to your daily calorie count and start to make small changes in your life.
  • skf1201
    skf1201 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I joined this past weekend. Got 35 pounds to lose. Exercise is no problem for me but food is another story. Could I join in?

Welcome! Food is difficult isn’t it. It’s not about how much self control one has or the desire one has to do anything in life. Desires can fade but food is a need for each of us which makes it addictive to some and so on. Congratulations to starting your journey of change. We’re here to support and encourage you.
  • Warnito13
    Warnito13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am fron costa Rica.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter after day everyone- new day, new beginning
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter after day everyone- new day, new beginning

Yes. Back to the regular routine from tomorrow.
  • mypointhome
    mypointhome Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Mary here....Just getting started. I began MFP in Feb 2019 and lost some weight (20-lbs)..... Started reading, reading and reading and then messed with my CFP..... the scale was stuck, yuck! Went Dairy free in March and added beans whole grains. It's been a rollercoaster. I have gone back to 1200 calories at 25/50/25 CFP. No beans and rarely bread because it just makes my scale jump. Looking for a community of like minded (working on getting fit and active again group).
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut out sugar, cut back on breads, bump way up fiber/protein. Also trying to cut back on the quantity in the evenings. When I'm at home & not focused, control tends to go out the window.
  • UKBaby
    UKBaby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Linda from Louisville KY here. I'm over 50 / over 200 pounds. I'm trying to get motivated and lose about 30 pounds. Any tips, recipes or time savers would be greatly appreciated.

• mypointhome
    mypointhome Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    cory17,

I am with you on the sugar and fiber and breads. I have been able to limit my sugar to less than 50grams of sugar a day by eating only foods made from scratch and limiting my fruits. I just ordered some Psyllium husk to add to food to increase my fiber. In the evenings I've been drinking warm flavored/calorie free tea with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Sometimes I have two cups (2nd one without CO). It seems to help with the cravings or desire to eat more.
  • UKBaby
    UKBaby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'll definitely try that. :)
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Checking in - thanks for all the warm welcomes! So far I think things are moving in the correct direction - thankfully no little ones in our house, so no candy treats left over from Sunday. I did allow myself to enjoy the amazing Easter dinner my mother in law served, but all the chocolate stayed at her house when it was all over.

The weather has been amazing here the last few days - as soon as I can break out of my office I'm headed home to grab a dog and go for a walk. We both need it!
  • dboukRunner
    dboukRunner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Better late than never...at my highest weight ever - gotta lose 80 lbs. to be there for my teens. Started logging foods again and exercise this week. Let's go!