Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Wow!! So now its Saturday. End of another week. Looking like a wet weekend for me. Need the rain but it hinders my outdoor exercise.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and day by day we make a difference, even in baby steps we move forward-yeah!
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Present and accounted for! I'm 51 and need to eliminate 50% of my body weight. 😥 I definitely need and want to provide support. 👍

This is a great group! Welcome
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    JMT5712 wrote: »
    Add me!! 52 and weight going the right direction, Cycling from Boston to New York on 30th - cannot wait!!!

Wow!! Go for it.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    JMT5712 wrote: »
    Add me!! 52 and weight going the right direction, Cycling from Boston to New York on 30th - cannot wait!!!

Wow! Admirable!
  • TurnThePage55
    TurnThePage55 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm in. I'm going through a lot of changes. I recently ended a long term relationship and I'm starting a new job tomorrow. I want to start everything fresh and stay focused.
    I'm from Upstate Ny.
    My biggest challenge is going to be emotional eating and boredom since I'll be working from home now.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm going through a lot of changes. I recently ended a long term relationship and I'm starting a new job tomorrow. I want to start everything fresh and stay focused.
    I'm from Upstate Ny.
    My biggest challenge is going to be emotional eating and boredom since I'll be working from home now.

Where are you in New York?
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @TurnThePage55, are you a Bob Seger fan, by any chance? :) Congrats on your new, fresh start. Best to you!
    Bonnie in Nashville
  • Elfy_66
    Elfy_66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hia I'm in. Left Slimming World at Christmas. Loads to lose but for now 10 pounds at start.
  • TurnThePage55
    TurnThePage55 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    I'm from Upstate Ny.

Where are you in New York?

I'm in Northern Ny, near the Canadian border.
  • poscur
    Options
    ZaraM56 wrote: »
    I would like to be in this group, please count me in. I'm 56 and have a lot of excess weight still to lose. Was doing really good, but allowed personal issues to get in the way and stopped trying. I am determined that this is the year, that I finally reach my goal weight and it's the beginning of a whole new life for me.

Welcome!

• poscur
    Options
    How is everyone getting mentally ready for holiday weekend??? I am already a little stressed about not sliding backwards!
  • tensquaredlives
    tensquaredlives Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been completely incapacitated by Achilles Tendonitis for the past month. So painful I can barely walk. I've been battling this for over 9 months and I am so tired of it. I've gained about 4 lbs from just sitting and barely moving. It's so discouraging.

Does anyone else feel like they are at war with their own body? I want my body to be my friend. Why doesn't it like me? :)
  • ChrisCatMama
    ChrisCatMama Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I joined this past weekend. Got 35 pounds to lose. Exercise is no problem for me but food is another story. Could I join in?
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @tensquaredlives, so sorry you're dealing with this. I have rheumatoid arthritis (everywhere, pretty much), thyroid issues, plantar fasciitis, and know what you mean about being at war with your own body. I hope you can move past the discouragement. Are there any options for you for relief? Surgery, etc.?