What made you fat?

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Being couch potato .. ate too many sugar filled stuff.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Eating too much, not being active at all. What led me to eat so much is a combination of compulsive overeating, always going for fast food instead of cooking, stress eating, a bunch of other factors. I started gaining almost immediately after high school, which is when my habits changed.
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    I was eating cake and cold stone a lot during a 2 month period and put on 15lbs as a result making me 70lbs overweight. It doesnt take much of lousy eating to get up there.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Pop, the lack of portion control, too much grazing or eating out of boredom, alcohol, laziness.
  • steelergirl314
    steelergirl314 Posts: 17 Member
    Depression and eating my emotions... Happy day/celebration? EAT! Sad day/bad news? EAT! I knew what I was doing and just didn't care.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    eating more calories than my body burned
  • amring
    amring Posts: 21 Member
    Happy marriage - my husband introduced the concept of breakfast lunch dinner evening and night snack. Before I only used to have a small lunch and dinner!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm not sure about when I was a kid but I was permanently cemented to my couch/computer desk in adulthood (except when doing the social *kitten* thing when I was on bbses) and eating lots of delivery food where whatever they brought was one serving. Whole pizzas, containers of chicken fried rice and ribs, some kind of pasta dish...not to mention all the yummy crispy chicken sandwiches and fries I'd get at select fast food restaurants. All in the same day.

I knew I was overweight but it wasn't something I really cared about.
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    A LOT of different things, all boiling down to eating my calories than I burned. More specifically, though:

- thinking of some foods as “forbidden,” then binging on them later. Lots of binging. Classifying foods as “good” and “bad.”
    - Eating out of boredom, emotional eating, etc.
    - eating scraps of food off my kids’ plates because I didn’t want to waste food.
    - Being brought up to clean your plate, eat foods I don’t like, etc.
    - Not keeping track of what I ate
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    1) Loving food made me about 5 pounds over weight
    2) Going through depression the last year made me 15 pounds over weight

About 15 more pounds to get to my goal weight of 118. I know I can do it if I keep at it!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I was slightly underweight until I got type 1 diabetes (age 9). Immediately after diagnosis and treatment began, I gained 20 lbs. in the first month, doubled my weight in the first year, and tripled my weight within a few years. Granted, I was still young and growing, but it was much more growth outward than upward.

It's a night and day difference and the cause of being overweight is very clear to me.
  • MurrayElliot
    MurrayElliot Posts: 17 Member
    Food
  • booze :D
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    edited February 2019
    Active social life with too much booze and Happy Hour junk. I do fine when I stay at home! LOL Also, we love brunch. Oops.