Over 200 New Year New Me Part 51

Options

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Oh Jess I'm so sorry!!! You are SMART! I would say he was looking to get a little more space to "explore his options" by implying you were to needy or something. If you had just done what most of us do and apologized and backed off a little - oh some men are so foolish! He would have explored and explored and there would be even more smart women wondering what THEY were doing wrong.:mad:

Don't you dare react to this by hurting your body - you stick right here and keep doing what YOU know is best. Treat yourself the same way you would want to treat your best friend :flowerforyou:

OK so here's a good challenge - everyone should go onto Google Maps or what ever and see how far it is to "Danville Ohio" which is the closest town to the farm. We should pick a weekend this spring to have a meet-up! It's 300 acres of good ol' Ohio farmland (which is like a side yard in Texas) - and there are horse stalls Heather!!! The farm house has five double beds and three single beds plus floor space :drinker:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    18 hours and 5 minutes for me! LOL I might be better off flying and renting a car!

Thanks for all the support ladies. My intention was to back off and give him some space until I found the dating profile. So. Better now then later I find out! I've got a plan to go to the gym every night this week. For once I can't eat..usually I can't stop eating.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Jess - what a jerk! You are better off figuring him out sooner than later. Good plan to go to the gym..
    To answer your question about my 'groove'... I think part of my problem is that I finished my nutrition classes, so I've lost that weekly motivation. Plus things have been out of any routine all summer, so I'm looking forward to school starting up again.
    Hang in there and take care of yourself!
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in after finally getting a working computer.
    Monday:
    Calories: over by 1
    Water: only about 40 oz
    Exercise: hour with trainer
    Proud: I logged the above on my new computer.

Now I have to go and read up to catch up!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Melinda: Danville, OH is about 14 hours for me. I LOVE road trips, so I would be game! What a great idea. My horse, however, would not be up for a road trip that long, even if I had a trailer by then. I have to break her into long trips gradually!

Jess: On to better guys! I dated a TON before I found Nate. In fact, I was juggling three guys when I met Nate and it took one date with him and I KNEW the other guys were no longer worth my time. I dumped all of them even though I had no idea where things with Nate and I would lead. They're not kidding when "they" say sometimes you just know when you've found the right one.

Where's Lauren? Has anyone heard from Cris lately?

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under :noway:
    Water: 99.6 oz.
    Exercise: 2 mile run with Nate at 5:30 am.
    Proud: Even though Nate knew he wouldn't be able to run very far because his legs were tired from the weekend hiking, he still got up and tried (calling me evil and the devil and telling me he hates me, though I told him if he hated me he wouldn't put in the effort of getting up at 5am).
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm here - just very busy and not eating well or excising, so there's that feeling of "nothing good to report".... I'm still logging (even on ugly days). Looking forward to getting back in a routine, the past couple of weeks have been crazy busy. I need to take a page from Heather's playbook and get my exercise on in the morning.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Yesterday was my birthday (at this age one doesn't get too excited :grumble: ) but none the less, since the dear husband and granddaughter are both at the lake, it seemed like a great chance to go out for drinks with my roommate who's moving out at the end of the month. We went out to the local Mexican restaurant since it was "Margarita Monday".

Worth It. :smokin:

This morning it was almost impossible to get out of bed! I'm still sore from working in the garden Saturday (my hamstrings are KILLING me!) but I got up at 6:00 and was in the Rec Center at 6:45. They were out of towels and today is a swim day so i waited around then I finally just took a couple little hand towels and headed for the pool. It was 7 by the time I got in and all the swim lanes were full. I can't swim straight enough to try to swim laps in the open exercise area so I walked doing the arm parts of the craw (mostly) and breast strokes. I made myself stick to it for 30 minutes. I'm really proud that I did it. I mean it felt like I wasn't SUPPOSED to do it when there were no towels! I'm so anti swim that I'll take any excuse! :tongue:

I also figured out how to get out of my suit by pulling my arm down inside the suit so I don't have to try to pull it up over my head! This is a major victory for me! :happy:
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Great job on the swimming, Melinda!
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Feeling down - I brought in pastries for my belated birthday in the office and of course ate one. Then I had an oncology appointment at our new pretty cancer hospital and there's a Wolfgang Puck restaurant there - so I just HAD to try it!:devil:

Now I'm over by more than 400 calories.

DRAT! :explode: :grumble:
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Tuesday:

Calories: over by 39
    Exercise: 30 minutes on elliptical
    Water: I did it!
    Proud: I got in all my water!

Caught up on reading posts. How do you all do your responses so well? By the time I have read them all, I cannot remember what I wanted to say, let alone to who!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

Feeling pretty good about yesterday :) Was under my new calorie goal (and actually close to my old one haha. Now if I could only sleep through the night! Poor Gunner had diarrhea... poor Adam couldn't sleep either.

Needless to say I am practically sleep-typing right now... Today may require a wee bit of coffee.

Happy Wednesday!
  • HeatherMN
    Options
    Theresa: Sorry you had a rough night!

Deb: I jot down notes as I read the posts. I feel no shame over cheating on this!

Calories: Over
    Water: 99.6 oz.
    Exercise: 30 Day Shred, Level 1
    Proud: Yet another 5:30 am workout.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Calories - well over :angry:
    Water - not quite :ohwell:
    Exercise - swimming/ pool work :indifferent:
    Proud - after BLOWING my calories by midday I was able to survive on just an apple last night for dinner. It's a small victory but I'll take it!

I'm hoping to go under today to kinda smooth my weeks calories out- not crazy stupid but maybe just a light no exercise calorie day? :ohwell:

I have made it into the rec center every day this week (not counting weekends - just work-week) and today I felt horrible! I did the 5K101 week 2 work out and pushed it HARD on the elliptical machine for 15 of my 20 minutes - staying up in the top of my cardio range and sweating like a fool. But I really feel horrible... :sick: Where is that workout high?
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday Mstahl! (I just caught in an older post that it was your birthday earlier this week)

I'm still struggling with what I am eating.

calories: way over
    exercise: none (was my 'off' day)
    water: didn't track
    proud: hmmm

My 17yo is dealing with some drama with friends and senior year schedule not working out as planned .... and it's got me stressed out. We had lots of anger and tears last night, I tried to give her some advice to just stay out of the drama and try to be friendly, but I don't think she will listen to me. It's hard to be a mom and watch your child struggling with these types of issues and not be able to really help them with it, and it's hard to be supportive when I don't think she is dealing with her friend issues the way that she should. Of course I don't know anything and should just stay out of it (according to her). :cry:
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Leanne, teens are a pain in the butt! I know it is hard because you want to protect them from being hurt. Things will work out. Teen girls can be very mean and your daughter may be dealing with it the best way she knows how. You have equipped her with the tools she needs to cope.

Hi girls. Not doing well on the eating front. Not doing well with water or exercise. Just kinda blah. My children are all having a difficult time about their sister being gone. However, Ry is having a hard time understanding. He won't let me out of his sight. He is afraid I am going to leave him. He wasn't playing last night he was so gloomy. I am too! He was acting like Eeyore cute but sad. Any way last night he says "I need my Randa to come home" poor baby. I am investing in a webcam so he can talk to her regularly. Thankfully, she will be home for labor day weekend. Maybe not the whole weekend if she gets a job but at least Friday and Saturday. This is such a good and wonderful thing for my daughter but oh my heart aches cause I miss her so much.
  • HonestOmnivore
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes lstpaul! I think my puffy feet and plus five POUNDS on the scale may be related to my Margarita Monday celebration? OOOPS!~:noway:

You Moms are doing so great! I found out on from one of Meghan's friends Facebook posts that our school starts tomorrow! I was convinced it started next Monday. PARENTING FAIL!!! At least MEGHAN knew when she was going back! She came home from the lake this morning and she doesn't work this weekend so we'll all be together at home for the first time in weeks! :bigsmile:

I've gone from the grandma who took her in to the evil parent figure. I knew it was likely to happen but it still stinks! Especially since it seems like I should get to actually express an opinion if I'm going to be the "bad guy" anyway! I'm trying to keep a sense of humor and avoid the temptation to engage in the arguments but none the less NOT FUN! :grumble:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I love your picture momma24 .... so appropriate to how you are all feeling without your daughter... eeyore made me smile! I will be in the same boat in a year and I'm sure I will really be missing my daughter then - but right now there are definitely days when having her around is stressfull! I think she is being a bit mean to her 'friends' at the moment, and I'm having a hard time understanding it. I think she is jealous of one friend on her swim team because she is now captain and uber-friendly with everyone, but I don't know how to help her get past those feelings when she is stubbornly holding onto being mad. I hate to see her ruining her senior year on swim team by being petty. Another two friends are fighting and she has decided to choose sides and 'freeze' out the other friend. Another mistake in my eyes, but she sees it as being disloyal to the other friend if she is nice to the one on the outside who she doesn't like as well. aaargh! I guess I have a hard time understanding because I was just so darn happy to have friends when I was in high school that I got along with everyone! (I was the country kid who didn't have a lot of friends when I was younger since I wasn't around with the 'townies' all summer). Sorry ... didn't mean to share so much but it is really bugging me. :ohwell:

That is sweet about Ryan missing your daughter, the webcam is a great idea.
    Hang in there with the eating, water and exercise ... sounds like we are both struggling right now. I was just happy with myself at lunchtime - I really wanted to get the patty melt and fries that my cafeteria had for a special today, but when I got up to the window I just couldn't do it and I ordered 1/2 cobb salad sandwich instead. small victories! :drinker:
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes lstpaul! I think my puffy feet and plus five POUNDS on the scale may be related to my Margarita Monday celebration? OOOPS!~:noway:

You Moms are doing so great! I found out on from one of Meghan's friends Facebook posts that our school starts tomorrow! I was convinced it started next Monday. PARENTING FAIL!!! At least MEGHAN knew when she was going back! She came home from the lake this morning and she doesn't work this weekend so we'll all be together at home for the first time in weeks! :bigsmile:

I've gone from the grandma who took her in to the evil parent figure. I knew it was likely to happen but it still stinks! Especially since it seems like I should get to actually express an opinion if I'm going to be the "bad guy" anyway! I'm trying to keep a sense of humor and avoid the temptation to engage in the arguments but none the less NOT FUN! :grumble:

Thanks mstahl .... it makes me feel better that I'm not alone in the 'evil parent' boat and that even good grandma's get a turn at that! I was told last night that my daughter just doesn't WANT to talk to me about anything. And good catch on school starting tomorrow! At least you didn't catch it after the fact! :wink:
  • Momma24
    Options
    Leanne all the way up to the day she left every time she was a "typical" teen who thought she knew every thing... I would say "Honey thanks for helping me get over you leaving" that would make her so mad and I loved it.

Melinda, right now you are the evil parent but when she is grown how she will appreciate you and the love you gave her.
  • Momma24
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<, Yes this made me smile. I feel like him and he is just so cute!!!!!!!