February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    grr. runners world pay wall.

what other online magazines do you all read that don't require a subscription?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

I've noticed on some articles they are jow part of a subscription. They are ones they send in emails but I never received anything about the new subscription stuff. It's very weird.

I've got a grumpy old man for a dog
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

I've noticed on some articles they are jow part of a subscription. They are ones they send in emails but I never received anything about the new subscription stuff. It's very weird.

I've got a grumpy old man for a dog which apparently isn't uploading in the app 🙄
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options

I have a subscription to runners world and I still can't get to some of their articles. When I try my logon (which works directly on the RW site) it tells me there is no logon associated with my email. I am wondering if they are setting up for an online program or something but it isn't quite ready for prime time. Regardless it is very frustrating.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    We have made friends with the owner of the gyros shop where we often eat after running, and today he sent us home with a box of free baklava scraps - he saves the odd-shaped edges which he trims off for his family and friends. So my after run snack is hot coffee and baklava.

/DROOL :p

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    We have made friends with the owner of the gyros shop where we often eat after running, and today he sent us home with a box of free baklava scraps - he saves the odd-shaped edges which he trims off for his family and friends. So my after run snack is hot coffee and baklava.

/DROOL :p

Yes - me too!! 🤤
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    P.S. - Strange question. Does anyone else find that leggings that work fine/ stay put while outdoor running, don’t on the treadmill or vice versa? Or am I the only weirdo whose form on the treadmill is so Abysmal that this problem is isolated to a sample size of one?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    P.S. - Strange question. Does anyone else find that leggings that work fine/ stay put while outdoor running, don’t on the treadmill or vice versa? Or am I the only weirdo whose form on the treadmill is so Abysmal that this problem is isolated to a sample size of one?

Yes, I think your gait changes just enough that it causes bottoms to ride different. I have some that are horrible on the trail, but fine on the Tm.
    —————————————————-~~~~
    Aww there are so many awesome pets! I love all of them!