What healthy food do you hate?

14567810»

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I hate blueberries. They taste metallic to me. I think it's the only thing I hate that isn't related to texture.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Cracking up going through this list. One of my favorite salads is a Quinoa, Kale, Beet and Goat Cheese salad. I think some of you would rather die than eat this!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Cracking up going through this list. One of my favorite salads is a Quinoa, Kale, Beet and Goat Cheese salad. I think some of you would rather die than eat this!

Goat cheese is delightful😋
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »

Goat cheese is delightful😋

On bread with honey and toasted in the oven!
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Liver, spinach and bleu cheese.
  • lcdube01
    lcdube01 Posts: 23 Member
    Yeah raw celery is not the way forward! I hate shrimp and prawns...really wish I could like them! Raw tomatoes:/
  • teslac0ils
    teslac0ils Posts: 11 Member
    Dark chocolate. (Or any chocolate bar for that matter, but most aren't considered "healthy")
    Raw kale (why is it so trendy to eat raw nowadays?? It's like eating uncooked mustard greens) also raw onions, peppers, broccoli and cauliflower.

And the one vegetable I love raw, carrots, my family is always telling me is more nutritious cooked. I just can't win!
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    pioneapple and kiwi... leaves a weird taste in my mouth and I dislike goat cheese
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Anything with fennel in it, ugh tastes like licorice

I love cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, and raw onion..... but hated them all 10 years ago. Funny how tastes change, and I’ve gotten better with prep since then
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    lkpducky wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Beets - they taste like dirt.
    Raw broccoli - I prefer it cooked
    Green beans, unless sauteed in garlic or spicy sauce like in Thai or Chinese restaurants
    Green bell peppers - too bitter and one little piece added to a dish takes over the whole dish. I do like yellow and orange bells though.
    Sea urchin (maybe I've had bad luck and gotten a bad batch each time) but they tasted foul.
    Eggplant is too rich for me (although my grandma's spicy eggplant-tomato spread is good).
    Cream sauce. I don't want something heavy and bland covering up something I want to taste.
    Pasta if it has too much sauce
    Mac 'n' cheese if it's too soupy and bland or goopy. I want some cheese I can sink my teeth into (baked mac), not baby food.
    Mayonnaise, especially on seafood. I want to taste the fish or shellfish, not the mayo! I think mayo is for people who hate fish. And I want tangy condiments on burgers, not mayo or thousand island dressing.

Reading this made me LOL........ maybe just maybe learn to cook ;)

I can cook just fine, you silly bugger! :p I just won't make the dishes I don't like.

For me as a child it was breaded bone in pork chops my mom would make. It was nothing but a fat soggy overcooked peace of meat. Ditto steak. Steak was like leather. It wasnt until I learned how stuff should be prepared that I started eating many things.

SOGGY porkchops? My mom breaked pork chops too but put them under the broiler until they were tough and dry. Her steak was like leather too, and all vegetables were overcooked.

Us kids ate whatever was put in front of us whether we liked it or not, and I am so glad for that now. We weren’t allowed to be picky.

It turns out though, that my mom’s cooking methods ruined a lot of food. My husband introduced me to bbq porkchops and I couldn’t believe how different they are when not... crunchy!

The husband’s mom is an awful cook. He would tell me he didn’t like something, but it turns out he just didn’t like how his mom prepared it. He isn’t a picky eater anymore because I don’t boil the kittens out of vegetables... or blindly substitute ingredients and then wonder why the dish didn’t turn out like the picture 🙄
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I don’t like celery. I’ve never understood celery with peanut butter. What a horrible combination. Raw spinach is not to my liking either. I can’t stand the skin of pears.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Green beans, kidney beans, Lima and broadband.. it's a texture thing not so much a taste thing.
    I love raw beans straight off the vine though
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Tripe- I know it’s high in minerals but I can’t get over the taste and texture. Add to that - I had it prepared poorly the first time I tasted it (at a boujie restaurant to boot!) and its ruined it forever for me!