Favorite *Healthy* Starbucks Drinks

Options

Replies

• RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Venti BAGGED, as in tea bags (not the mix with all the sugar) Chai Tea, a splash of half & half and a shake or two of the vanilla powder they have by the sugars. It's a big drink, delicious AND I dont have to feel guilty!
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options

There are no such things as Natural Artifiicial sweetener...........

Stevia is a natural sweetener alternative to sugar.

Aspartame, Sucralose (splenda) are just artificial sweeteners.

Thanks for the info
  • Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Whoaaa I just found out that you can ask for "PROTEIN" in your Skinny Vanilla Latte (tall size) and then it bumps it up to 120 calories and 17g of protein!

AND a shot of espresso to keep me going? I'll take that.
  • MeiBa
    MeiBa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My go-to is always the Tall non-fat Hazelnut or Toffee Nut Latte. I've tried the skinny drinks and I can't stand the fake sweet taste. Just me though :smile: I'm willing to use up 150 cals, and 28 carbs is nothing to me since I always manage to be under my daily intake. And plus, the smell is equally as satisfying as the taste!
  • rangers1312
    rangers1312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like the black eye, coffee with 2 expresso shots for long days or after lon nights...skinny caramel macchiatos are good too hot or cold, just order without the vanilla syrup, so its less calories. A grande will only be around 120 calories (skim milk n no syrup)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Th only coffee I drink apart from strong black coffee is a skinny latte - just skim milk frothed up with coffee.
    I find that the milk has enough sweetness in it already, you don't need to add more.
    If you've been used to really sweet drinks then gradually cut back on the add-ins (sweeteners, syups and such like) until you get used to it with just milk or plain. Much better for you!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I'm totally satisfied with just a regular iced coffee with skim and splenda. :)
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latté. A size small/tall is 60 calories, only 1 WW point.

If you get the hot version I believe it’s about 100 calories. Since I hate the taste of coffee I don’t get the hot version, it doesn’t taste as sweet as the iced one.

Ps: this drink of course comes with no whip but for other items you are ordering, always say no whip, it's 7g fat!!

Yum! This one is my favorite! I had only checked the cals on the hot one...but I've been drinking iced lately. I never do whipped cream because I don't like it, so that makes it easy.
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    I like all of their Light drinks. Skim milk, sugar-free syrup. I don't know if it's bad for you but as long as it keeps my calories under control, i'm totally fine.

Sugar free stuff is horrible for you! chemicalschemicalschemicals Unless it's a natural artificial sweetener.

"Natural artificial sweetener" huh? Well isn't that a mouthful of contradiction.

4/5 adults WILL get cancer in their lifetime, whether aspartame and splenda contribute to that has not yet been proven. Live a little or just let others live and don't be so preachy.

agreed
  • tubby81325
    Options
    I too love coffee, but after starting my journey I've switched from Starbucks to another local coffee place. If you're every somwhere different try a skinny, sugar-free iced white chocolate latte. The white chocolate is delicious!

My favorite Starbucks drink is a skinny, sugar free carmel macciato (sp?)
  • aclukehart
    Options
    tall skinny caramel macchiato - 110 calories & my absolutely favoriteee!!
  • melodyhay
    Options
    Venti Decaf Skinny Mocha - 180 calories Iced version in Venti is140 calories.
    I want to get away from the artificial sweeteners too, but gosh those mochas are good!
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What I prefer to do is lay off the syrups.
    So, traditionally it goes like so:
    TALL DRINKS: 3 pumps of syrups (even in a Peppermint Mocha it's 3 pumps Peppermint, and 3 pumps Mocha. WOW!)
    GRANDE DRINKS: 4 pumps of syrups
    VENTI DRINKS: 5 pumps of syrups
    I find that one pump is sufficient for a tall, 2 for grande, and 3 for venti. And if you want to indulge in the holiday spirit, a soy Gingerbread Latte is your lowest in calories at 190! And delicious! :D (My favorite)
    Nixing the whip and adding soy milk on any drink makes it sweeter, too!

Ah! this is excellent information! I've been getting the skinny peppermint mocha (after drinking my share of the regular ones) and it just tastes kinda blah. mmm... grande soy 2 pump decaf no whip peppermint mocha here I come! I guess I won't be going through the drive through with that order... my fitbit will thank me! lol!
  • hparrent
    hparrent Posts: 1
    Options
    recently disovered a "white mocha americano". its just espresso, hot water and a bit of white mocha (you can ask for more or less depending). a tall with two pumps is only 60 calories! add a bit of skim milk to make it creamier. yummm.
  • purplemilly12
    purplemilly12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my two favroite "healthy" one's are the passion tea sweetend and the caramel iced coffee they contain way less calories then my favroite frap
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Totally boring -- Grande coffee -- usually the "bold." Have the same thing almost every day. When I get my "free drink," I splurge with a Venti. Just love their coffee.
  • Luke_Quist
    Luke_Quist Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My go-to drink almost every day is the SKINNY VANILLA LATTE! Size tall (what I always get) is only 90 CALORIES and 10g of protein from the skim milk! Really fills you up and is pretty good for you :)

Agreed with this... ^^ (although, not sure how good it is for you, but it is a light way to indulge on occasion)

And, any drink made SKINNY = sugar free, fat free milk (or soy), & no whip.
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    tall skinny caramel macchiato - 110 calories & my absolutely favoriteee!!

^^ this, decaf with sugar free syrup, bit of a mouthful to order though
  • allerina
    allerina Posts: 10
    Options
    I try to not go to Starbucks or other coffee places too often because they're just so darn expensive but when I do want a treat from Starbucks I get their shaken black tea (unsweet). It's a little different tasting than normal iced tea and has no calories, fat, carbs or anything else. I love it!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    VENTI black tea lemonade. Fully sweetened it's 180 calories with six pumps of sugar; I only get four and it's still crazy sweet.

When in doubt, order nonfat milk and skip the whipped cream with the fancier drinks. You can calculate drinks with different sizes/toppings/milk on their website. :flowerforyou: