Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Maximized Living Advanced Plan - Super Strict Diet

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    why post complaining about a diet then get upset and defend it when people say if you don’t like it don’t do it.

most confusing post ever.

Behind you.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2019
    skyblueusa wrote: »
    - they basically promote it as the ONLY HEALTHY way of eating.. they say that eating carb based things (potato/bananas/brown rice) is bad, and that most fruits are bad as they cause inflamation

And as I think you know this is absurd, so why worry about it? Your usual diet seems healthy, eat that, and don't try to lose weight or "detox" or what not.
    but as mentioned a lot of the food is hard to get hold of (jicama and khol rabi)

There's no need to eat these foods, but I'm in the US and eat them all the time, they are easy to find where I am. Kohlrabi is the more standard way of spelling it if that helps you find it. I love eating it with just a bit of salt, raw, maybe with radish.Jicama is common here too.
    and foods that form the basic staple of my diet (raw oats / bananas/ potato/ brown rice and the odd grain bread) are forbidden :(

And this is a good reason not to do the diet, as well as the fact that you seem to prefer a meatless diet.

You haven't told us why your dr is suggesting cutting back on carbs. Is he/she concerned about GD? Or just on a low carb diet and now thinking it's best for all -- it makes a difference.

I love broccoli and find rice (brown or white) kind of bland, and wouldn't mind the diet suggested, but I think the idea that it's optimal or necessary is silly (and the propaganda about it DOESN'T suggest it's good for pregnancy or is intended as a diet all should do or that is intended as a long term diet). The claims are ridiculous enough, but they don't include that.

Starchy carbs and high sugar fruits are common in many of the healthiest diets, such as in blue zones, as I suspect you know, so if you want to eat them, eat them, unless you have a reason to be concerned about GD or have a recommendation not to from a reputable RD who gives actual reasons that make sense to you (if they don't make sense ask for a referral to someone else).
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Don't diet while pregnant. Not good for bub, and can trigger changes in their DNA. https://www.bbc.com/news/health-13119545

Eat a healthy balanced range of foods that meet your nutritional needs, and wait till after your baby is born to lose weight.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    skyblueusa wrote: »

Then what is the point of it exactly?? If anyone loses weight on it, it is because the diet is restrictive in calories. That's how anyone loses weight. Whether eating vegetables or twinkies. They may not set specific volume targets because most people who eat a standard volume of food eat less calories than they burn, but the laws of physics apply to this diet as much as anything else.

- its not restrictive in calories. there's no limit in how much you can eat (they don't require you to count calories) not sure where people are getting that from??
    - they basically promote it as the ONLY HEALTHY way of eating.. they say that eating carb based things (potato/bananas/brown rice) is bad, and that most fruits are bad as they cause inflamation

if you read the above link I posted in the intitial post (not the one mentioning the previous post) but the one that's by the actual doctor who writes this 'lifestyle way of eating' - they outline everything pretty clearly

but as mentioned a lot of the food is hard to get hold of (jicama and khol rabi)

and foods that form the basic staple of my diet (raw oats / bananas/ potato/ brown rice and the odd grain bread) are forbidden :([/quote]

This diet is NOT the only healthy way of eating--everyone is repeating this over and over. I don't believe you can't find a doctor that will let you eat carbs. To prove it tell us what city you live in. .........waiting.........