Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm still pretty sick, but at least not quite as bad as yesterday. Usually when I'm sick like this I say, eh I'll just have several beers, I'm already sick, can't possibly feel any worse! But now I haven't thought about drinking all week. Not going to my sister's house tonight so I'll watch some TV and call it an early night. Maybe I can skip drinking this weekend and all of next week up until next Friday.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @sub4_2018 that's the 3rd time I've heard about the book This Naked Mind since being on this thread. I'm gonna have to check it out :)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    OK, so I've been looking forward to this day to look back on my diary.

January, about 16,000 calories of alcoholic drinks
    February, 8,000!
    Here's to seeing if i can get to 5,000 total for March.

Thanks for all the support in February! You all are awesome!

Wow!! That's a new way of looking at it...…...how many calories a month did I waste on alcohol...….along with $$'s
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @feelinfoofoo Yes!! GREAT JOB!!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~1 days so far
    No Alcohol: 0 days
    Alcohol: 1 days (2 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal which I surpassed!
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - Plan 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - Plan AF
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey I am back in for March and I was able to finish out the last week of February without drinking. I drank a total of 6 times last month and I was overall pleased with my moderation when I did drink. My goal for March is to have no more than 4 drinking days and continue consistently working out. I would also like to get into yoga and work on my flexibility.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    My goals for March will be the same as the previous months - 4 AF days per week. I have found it to be a realistic goal for me. I hit my goal in February (and surpassed it a little). Daily accountability is good. I was a daily drinker before making this resolve.

March 01 - 3 drinks - yes, chose to do that because I have a free Saturday to sleep in, basically no responsibilities or commitments. I had a very busy week and it was so nice to finally kick back, have a great dinner and a few drinks.

0 AF days out of 1 day
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am not sure why that went in 3 times! Sorry!
  • eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    We had dinner out and I had wine and I think that was fine. We also ended up sitting down and watching TV and I had another glass of wine but after thinking about it there was just no point to it. I just added up empty calories. I should have made my tea. I think I got caught in the 'habit' and maybe a bit of 'it's Friday!'. We also decided to sit outside last night and I couldn't resist this Grand Marnier type drink as that's warming and it was cold out, I only had about and ounce. I know others have said that the craving go in about 2 weeks but I've been at this about 3 weeks and definitely still have a urge or craving each night. I'm actually really happy with my progress but when I have something to drink like last night I want to take the time to think it over....I think if I was to do it again I would skip the evening wine. So glad I got the little 4 pack bottles because even though I had a glass I don't have bottle open that I would have had more of last night or I would be drinking tonight.
  • eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OK, so I've been looking forward to this day to look back on my diary.

January, about 16,000 calories of alcoholic drinks
    February, 8,000!
    Here's to seeing if i can get to 5,000 total for March.

Thanks for all the support in February! You all are awesome!

Great way to look at it. I just checked and I was having about 1700 cals/week in wine! That's a whole extra day of food I can eat during the week!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My goals for March will be the same as the previous months - 4 AF days per week. I have found it to be a realistic goal for me. I hit my goal in February (and surpassed it a little). Daily accountability is good. I was a daily drinker before making this resolve.

March 01 - 3 drinks - yes, chose to do that because I have a free Saturday to sleep in, basically no responsibilities or commitments. I had a very busy week and it was so nice to finally kick back, have a great dinner and a few drinks.
    March 02 - AF

1 AF days out of 2 days so far
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Anthem76 wrote: »
    I am glad to have found this group. I can easily drink too much wine on too many days. These are some of the things I'm looking forward to by cutting back:
    1. Save Calories
    2. Experience fewer migraines
    3. Use mindfulness to cope with anxiety instead of wine
    4. Be more real with others in social situations (my drinking personality is much different than who I really am).
    5. Face the worry that people won't like the real me. Be authentic with myself and others.
    6. Provide a better example for my kids
    7. Confront my worries, fears, negative emotions rather than obfuscating them in wine
    8. Use that awareness to make real progress in my life.
    9. Eliminate the regret that occasionally results from my actions while drinking.
    10. Enjoy better sleep which will lead to greater energy in the day.

March will be a tough month to begin this challenge. We are going on an RV camping trip for Spring Break. While we do a lot of healthy things like hiking on these trips, we also drink at the campsite. I'm up for the challenge!

Those are excellent goals!
    This is a great place to work on those.
    Welcome!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~3 days so far
    No Alcohol: 1 days
    Alcohol: 2 days (4 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell

Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal!
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - AF - driving this evening 5 hrs