40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders & Arms"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I've finally accepted my MD's guidance that I need to take most of this season off from running and focus on addressing my chronic achilles tendinitis. That means I will do zero runing while undergoing several months of chiropractic work to release and retrain my lower back, glute and hip muscles as a way to relieve pressure on the achilles. Ugh.

I haven't withdrawn from any races quite yet, but that's probably going to happen. I"m really bummed out about potentially missing IMMT in August.

The only upside is that I can continue to swim and ride the bike, so I should be able to maintain some level of fitness. There is also a fairly comical element to my condition according to my wife - and that is watching me try to become a yogi. Apparently, my balance and flexibility are not quite awe inspiring at this point. :)
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I've finally accepted my MD's guidance that I need to take most of this season off from running and focus on addressing my chronic achilles tendinitis. That means I will do zero runing while undergoing several months of chiropractic work to release and retrain my lower back, glute and hip muscles as a way to relieve pressure on the achilles. Ugh.

I haven't withdrawn from any races quite yet, but that's probably going to happen. I"m really bummed out about potentially missing IMMT in August.

The only upside is that I can continue to swim and ride the bike, so I should be able to maintain some level of fitness. There is also a fairly comical element to my condition according to my wife - and that is watching me try to become a yogi. Apparently, my balance and flexibility are not quite awe inspiring at this point. :)

First, taking off a single season is better than never being able to go back at all because a temporary injury becomes permanent.

Second, yoga-type workouts are great for tri-athletes. Everything you do for training is in one direction. Moving your body in different directions will help prevent future injuries. Mentally, though, the downtime is killer. Lol!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Still on track with P90X3 and running. I have a very large running goal towards the end of the year. Hopefully, I'll stay smart about my training and stay injury-free!
    ot4jxuvo9p26.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 6. 55#. At the gym with my brother. We just handed the bag back n forth.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I am just over 40 at 41 and will be 42 this year. I am looking to get my sexy back and feel really good about myself. My starting weight is 225.2 today and I am looking to lose between 90 and 100 pounds.
    11Templars wrote: »
    I am just over 40 at 41 and will be 42 this year. I am looking to get my sexy back and feel really good about myself. My starting weight is 225.2 today and I am looking to lose between 90 and 100 pounds.

Good for you sister. Everyone of us started with an idea, and then a 1st day.

I'm 50, and a pretty active person. I do cardio everyday, or at least some form of it, and lift 5 days a week. Currently i'm on a Upper / Lower Body Split. Upper, 3x a week, lower twice. Abs 2x a week.

Today is leg day # 2 for me. Looks like this: Squats, Dead Lifts, Leg Press, Ham Curls, Hack Sqauts or Leg Extensions. + Abs. + 30 min Cardio. Sound like alot, but it's not too bad. I do a lift, ab movement, rest for 1 min, lift, abs, rest a minute. So the whole thing with Cardio only takes me about 1.5/hr or a little longer.

Cheers everyone,

• succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I can see so many of you doing an outstanding job! Others are new, or like me Re-NEW. I am looking forward to seeing your Success! I will be more active in the group. I hope that all of you have a great day!
  • robertkimble
    robertkimble Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well I pulled the trigger and became a member.
    45 in pretty good shape but looking to bulk up some. Looking forward to the journey.
  • robertkimble
    Options
    Out with old and in with the new. Went to buy 40lb and 45lb but cost the same as getting the Bowflex. Also wanted a bench with incline and decline.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Rest” day=in progress.
  • robertkimble
    Options
    Looking for friends for motivation.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I did my 90 minute cardio-a-thon yesterday for Kids Kicking Cancer. 2 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks, regular instructors and guest UFC/MMA instructors. What a workout! They raised over $12,000! Been working out, getting back into the grove. Lots of home drama/stress actually put me at 133lbs, underweight, around Christmas. Vacation was awesome, but still home stuff happening and trying to get back into the grove.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Well I did my 90 minute cardio-a-thon yesterday for Kids Kicking Cancer. 2 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks, regular instructors and guest UFC/MMA instructors. What a workout! They raised over $12,000! Been working out, getting back into the grove. Lots of home drama/stress actually put me at 133lbs, underweight, around Christmas. Vacation was awesome, but still home stuff happening and trying to get back into the grove.

That sounds awesome! Yay!

I caught myself looking at half marathon plans yesterday. Someone send halp!
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends for motivation.

Welcome! I couldn't access your profile, BTW. Hard to friend you!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • BBoop999
    BBoop999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kind of new to these boards and things? How do I bookmark this to find this group again? Join? Just turned 41 yesterday. Vegan crossfitter who also enjoys running and 5K's. Currently competing in our gym's Friday Night Lights event they host in conjuction with the Crossfit Open that is currently going on. Fun to have the support and encouragement from people 40+ .
  • gam3rguy
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 7! 55#! That’s a LOT of get ups!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    BBoop999 wrote: »
    Kind of new to these boards and things? How do I bookmark this to find this group again? Join? Just turned 41 yesterday. Vegan crossfitter who also enjoys running and 5K's. Currently competing in our gym's Friday Night Lights event they host in conjuction with the Crossfit Open that is currently going on. Fun to have the support and encouragement from people 40+ .

There's a star at the right side at the top of the thread - across from the title. Click it - the color will change to yellow. That is the bookmark. To access it next time - click on the star at the top of the Community page and your bookmark list will open.

And since this question comes up all the time:

To add friends on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Bulk: Legs”=Done!!!

Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 8! 55#! Another one of those “it’s only two moves”! LOL!!
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Im a cool kid....47 here