What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    quest protein shake. one tastes like cinnamon toast crunch. not a great nutritional breakfast but based on school schedule i eat lunch so early i really only need something to hold me a few hours.
  • sivyaleah
    sivyaleah Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2019
    I like to vary breakfast or I get bored. My usual standbys are:

Breakfast burrito: Eggs, black beans, peppers, onions on a whole wheat tortilla (this is premade by a local grab & go place)
    Everything bagel, scooped with a couple of tablespoons cream cheese (everything weighed) or I'll have 1/2 the bagel and a soft boiled egg instead of eating the other half.
    English muffin, 1 egg, 2 slices bacon (no cheese, I've managed to cut that out)
    Plain low fat yogurt, blueberries/strawberries, a bit of honey, about a teaspoon nuts if I have them in the house
    Cheerios, low fat milk
    Irish oatmeal make with low fat milk with blueberries, maybe a small amount brown sugar if I'm feeling dangerous :)

Always coffee - most of the time with low fat milk. I do have it with a small amount of half and half when I'm at work because I almost never finish an entire cup so I'm not getting much of it anyway and I'm eating so low fat the rest of the day that it's a nice splurge.

I need to eat breakfast. I do not do well if I slip that meal. I'm not a snacker so I rely on decent meals a day.
  • BrindleRun
    BrindleRun Posts: 28 Member
    I always have a cup of special k cereal with half a cup of milk and coffee. It’s quick and gives me enough to start the day.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I’m a hardcore cereal eater. I eat regular Cheerios with a sliced banana in it with cold skin milk every morning. That or shredded wheat.
  • Je55ica_79
    Je55ica_79 Posts: 276 Member
    Key lime Greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons of chia and 2 tablespoons of almond milk mixed in it. Then drink the rest of the cup of almond milk.

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Coffee, peanuts or crunchy peanut butter, and some dry cereal. Sometimes overnight oats with protein powder... sometimes lunch meat or egg. Usually whatever is quick and easy.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    2 bananas at 1.30pm for exercise at 2.30pm. I've fallen into IF due to preferring 2 big meals.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Oats with banana, unsweetened almond or oat milk, and peanut butter or pb2!
    Usually topped with one or more of the following:
    - microwaved frozen cherries
    - dark chocolate chips (usually do this if I have it as a sort of evening snack/dessert)
    - yoghurt/skyr
    - stewed spiced apples
    - sometimes some extra protein powder mixed in.

Sometimes I mix the milk, banana, and oats together with 1 tsp of baking powder and bake it in the oven for 20 minutes. Turns out like a giant pancake.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I eat a lot of different breakfasts! My only rule is I have to focus on the two Ps: protein and produce. I like egg sandwiches with spinach and tomatoes, or cottage cheese with berries and toast, or toaster waffles with sausage and a piece of fruit, or egg bites packed with greens and peppers... just whatever. As long as I get in a good amount of protein and some fresh produce, I'm good to go.
  • thegeans
    thegeans Posts: 42 Member
    I make a turkey sandwich on an everything bagel thin. Easier than eggs for me in the morning!
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    3 packets of maple and brown sugar (Fiber and Protein version of Quaker) oatmeal. Tastes great, a ton of fiber in 3 servings @450 cal.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    I change it up often, but lately my go-to weekday breakfast is 2x large eggs and an extra egg white; I mix with veggies; typically mushrooms, bell peppers, and tomatoes and make a little scramble which I top with habanero hot sauce. I have two slices of Dave’s killer thin sliced bread on the side with 12g of butter and no sugar added jam. I usually have a side of blueberries or strawberries too and sometimes 25-30g of avocado with sea salt too... just depending on what i plan to eat the rest of the day
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    I drink my breakfast. Blended leafy greens with mixed fruits ( Banana, Kiwi, Berries, Chia Seeds etc.) Makes a nice vitamin bomb!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    It's so funny that's your go-to breakfast because my husband has been making fun of me for my toast topped with scrambled egg and avocado.

Lately, I've been mixing it up with hot oatmeal with unsweetened applesauce mixed in. I do also like an english muffin, scrambled egg, ham slice, and half slice of american cheese.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2019
    2 scrambled eggs.

Yesterday i had oatmeal with apples and cinnamon.

Sometimes I just have tea.

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Egg, waffle, cheese, mayo - work mornings. When I'm doing what I'm suppose to do and staying away from simple carbs, then egg and fruit. Days off - just cereal.
    Either egg breakfast, keep's me full for hours, even the simple egg/fruit.
  • SallyH77
    SallyH77 Posts: 42 Member
    3 eggs, 1/2 cup oats (overnight oats with water, stevia and vanilla), 1banana
  • karenharrowing
    karenharrowing Posts: 2 Member
    I like the recipe that was on here called. https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/pbj-coconut-chia-pudding/
    You make the night before and eat the next day for breakfast. I love it.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,673 Member
    Cereal most days. Oatmeal in winter. Blueberries when they're in season. Eggs, cheese and salsa with an english muffin. French toast.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    pancake, with 1 serving egg whites and 1 slice turkey bacon
    oatmeal with fruit
    grits with 1 egg and cheese
    toast with egg and avacado
    two cups of coffee with which ever breakfast I desire