Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Today's the first day in a month where all i can do is think about having multiple, multiple drinks. i've had a pretty light March so far, 5 light beers total.
    Like Gladys just told us...……...Pause ;)
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~5 days so far
    No Alcohol: 1 days
    Alcohol: 4 days (8 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal which I missed this time around.
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - 2 glasses of wine - driving this evening 5 hrs but then unexpected dinner at my sisters afterwards for spaghetti & wine
    Mar 4 - 2 glasses of wine - DH picked up a bottle dinner
    Mar 5 - AF: Don’t order alcohol on plane even though you have free drink tickets! DH did but I ordered bloody mary mix instead. Then at dinner after we landed I drank water while he had wine.
    Mar 6 - San Fran: Plan 2 glass
    Mar 7 - San Fran: Plan 2 glass
    Mar 8 - Plan AF
    Mar 9 -
    Mar 10 - Plan AF
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo I will try to figure out how :)
  • eturtlet
    eturtlet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I'm bringing a craving here and leaving it here, I hope. Today seems like a perfect day for a glass of wine, but why?! Okay I can do this, I definitely don't need it.

You can do it! Just keep reminding yourself you don't need it. It's just a craving.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    I'm doing ok, only really started trying to cut back this week so the real test is the weekend
    4/3 AF
    5/3 100 ml gin
    6/3 50 ml gin. Finished the bottle. I thought about going out for more but I always feel ashamed if I'm just buying alcohol and no other groceries, like the cashier and other shoppers are judging me so I didn't. Sometimes in this situation I would pick up a bottle of wine, spaghetti, pasta sauce, garlic bread and salad just so I can buy the wine and seem more 'normal'!

I hear ya. No one is actually judging you, but I’m sure it feels that way. Of course, you can always move to a state that has state- controlled liquor stores. That way, it’s the ONLY thing you can buy and no one looks at you askance! Haha!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    @AbandondedKSCharger your dog is adorable!

Thanks to PMS (sorry gents!) I’ve had a hugely increased appetite and other symptoms for the last few days and definitely went over my calories. BUT, I didn’t go over my drinking goals over the weekend ! Somehow PMS eating is way better than “drunk eating” in my book.

I had one glass of wine Mon and Tues, and honestly didn’t really enjoy them. Tonight I didn’t even want a glass of wine.

Good job! And thank you. She's very special to me :)