The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Good morning! I'm feeling the many margaritas I drank last night. I don't think I can hang as well as I could in my twenties.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    I am out of surgery. They want to keep me overnight again because I guess the gall bladder was pretty badly infected. :(

Look at the bright side, another sponge bath?? Lol. Glad to hear things went well!!
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    I am out of surgery. They want to keep me overnight again because I guess the gall bladder was pretty badly infected. :(

It is never that fun being in a hospital, but better safe than sorry! Glad you are out and hope for a quick recovery!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    glad it went well. and glad they are being cautious @midwesterner85
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member

Glad it went well, fingers crossed for a speedy and uneventful recovery.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member

Glad you are out and in recovery! Hopefully everything will heal nicely. Make sure you get lots of rest! No trying to run before you are ready!
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member

So happy to hear everything went well.
    Rest up and take care of yourself
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Happy Friday! It is Friday, right? I'm going to have to get back on that weekday train now that I'm officially employed again! Woo-hoo!

Holy smoke how many pages?? Okay, not able to read all them, but I see @midwesterner85 is out of surgery! Whew! I hope your recovery is quick and has lots of ... sponge baths?

I hope everyone else is doing awesome and ready for this weekend, and that the weekend complies with better weather. May your kids not come home sick, may your floofs be snuggly and cute, and may the only thing you're worried about today is how much goodness you can fit into your caloric restriction.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    orangegato wrote: »
    ok, I'm probably logging off tonight too. Will try to come back online tomorrow after surgery at some point.

Good luck with surgery. Tell that surgeon to bring his A game and kick some *kitten*. And go pee before surgery. Trust me.

Right, the surgeon seems very smart and experienced. I talked with her yesterday a couple times.

I hope you are doing ok.. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    this week felt like a week of mondays. so i hope the weekend feels not like mondays.
  • slimgirljo15
    Morning, sugar shakers! Happy Friday/International Women's Day!

Morning and Happy International Women's day :)
    captain marvel tomorrow >:]!

I really want to see this, but have been sick and may just huddle under a blanket all weekend instead of being social to any degree

I hope you feel better soon .. 🍜 chicken soup for you 🤗
  • slimgirljo15
    cdlee4 wrote: »
    Got into work early today and it’s friyay so i snuck over for a quick haircut and feel good with the results.

n24sst0vqb4y.jpeg

6bksxtvth4ie.gif
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    slessofme wrote: »

Look at the bright side, another sponge bath?? Lol. Glad to hear things went well!!

The shower was with that desanitizing stuff before surgery, so wasn't actually a sponge bath, but a full shower with IV covered and taped up.

The nurse today is also pretty. And she is helping hold my hand (or hold something) as I try to walk around carefully without busting my incision.

Glad you are up and about, and who knows this might lead to something (or someone).
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member

oh wow! prayers for no more infection, and a swift recovery!

Thanks. I am not sure it is a risk of more infection, just that they realized after getting in there that:

1. It is much worse (the infection) than they could tell from ultrasound. and
    2. Infected material may have decided to take a trip (towards the liver?) and infect other stuff besides the gall bladder. The sturgeon had told me this sometimes happens with gall bladder issues and there is another procedure that can't be done here. It sounds like she saw some evidence and is awaiting a test result that takes a day to get back.

Tomorrow, either I get sent to the city (1.5 hrs. drive and I assume an ambulance ride there because helicopter seems a bit much, but who knows) for another procedure; or I get to go home.

In hindsight, I guess I should have gone in so much sooner. Stupid me and my stubbornness about not seeking help until things get really bad. :'(

Well, I'm glad you finally went, and that you're there now, being helped. Can't wish away yesterdays, but you're in the right place for this. Here's crossing fingers that good news comes back.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited March 2019

Glad to hear surgery went well. Hopefully you hear good news tomorrow and get to head home.