40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Max from Chicago, and am new here and looking for motivation. I'm 53 and weigh 205. My goal is to get to 190 by Memorial Day. Looking for friends so that we can help each other on our respective journeys. Thanks!
  • rruss55065
    rruss55065 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always liked hanging out with the cool kids, so count me in.

My fitness/health goals for this year are to have a chiseled body that resembles a Greek statue, also improve my endurance, strength, fat, cholesterol, and blood pressure.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Body Beast Build: Back/bis/Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 9!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Shoulders”=Done!
    Followed by...
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 10! 55#! I did the run outside! It’s a bit nippy out. 😳
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility"=Done!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 11! 55#! Don’t know why I thought this combo was a good idea! LOL!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    I am in another challenge that started mid-way through January....I thought it would be easy-peasy to drop this winter-weight. So, I aimed for a 7 lb drop...by end of April.

I was mentally ready. I was physically ready.

And I am sh*tt*ng the BED! I am right back to the weight that I started the challenge at. Sigh.

I have reviewed my diary and I am not eating anything "unhealthy" and my portions are well-controlled. I am BUMMED by this.

I have my annual physical next week and I remember telling my doctor last year that "for sure" I would be down to my pre-surgery weight (from 2016...when I had ovarian tumor) by the next annual physical.

I am NOT at my pre-surgery weight. I am 7 lbs higher. Still. It is growing to be some hard-baked number on the scale that my body really is not willing to budge from.

I am working out properly. I am drinking lots of water. I don't really drink alcohol - like maybe 1 drink every 2 weeks. I am sleeping sort of okay - not terrible, anyway.

Sigh. THIS SUCKS BALLS AND I HATE BEING '50' AND STRUGGLING BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT IS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I am NOT at my pre-surgery weight. I am 7 lbs higher. Still. It is growing to be some hard-baked number on the scale that my body really is not willing to budge from.

I am working out properly. I am drinking lots of water. I don't really drink alcohol - like maybe 1 drink every 2 weeks. I am sleeping sort of okay - not terrible, anyway.

Sigh. THIS SUCKS BALLS AND I HATE BEING '50' AND STRUGGLING BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IT IS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE.

Chin up, Beeps! Try changing up your workouts or your diet. I maintained for a year after losing 45 pounds. Wasn't my ultimate goal, but I felt good and thought that I learned some things about maintenance, in any case.

I read something about protein intake and weight loss and so I increased my protein intake and recommitted to more intense workouts. Scale started moving again.

You can do this!

• lovefrenchies
    lovefrenchies Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Geezers definitely rock (I am 60)!

Great thread. My goal is to lose 80 lbs. I started 2.5 weeks ago and it is going very well. I am really pleased with keto and feel it has been a deliverance for me from the obsession with food and dieting, plus it works. There is no deprivation and the food is delicious. In addition to losing weight, my goal is to become more physically fit and get off as many medications (especially blood pressure) as I can.
  • shorty7791
    shorty7791 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well, although I’m not sure how
  • oameg
    oameg Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    How do I join? Cant seem to like anyone's post
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 12! 56#! Took my time and did it right. Form over time...and beat my last time!!! How’d that happen? LOL!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Total Body & Lucky 7”=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I am in another challenge that started mid-way through January....I thought it would be easy-peasy to drop this winter-weight. So, I aimed for a 7 lb drop...by end of April.

I was mentally ready. I was physically ready.

And I am sh*tt*ng the BED! I am right back to the weight that I started the challenge at. Sigh.

I have reviewed my diary and I am not eating anything "unhealthy" and my portions are well-controlled. I am BUMMED by this.

I have my annual physical next week and I remember telling my doctor last year that "for sure" I would be down to my pre-surgery weight (from 2016...when I had ovarian tumor) by the next annual physical.

I feel your pain, and sadly, it does get worse. I have a belly that I NEVER had before! It gets in my way when I bend over and it pisses me off! Drives me crazy that the weight just keeps creeping on, no matter what I do.

But, am really sorry to hear you had an ovarian tumor. I am surmising it was benign?
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    48yo here (soon to be 49 in July). Competed in my first powerlifting meet last October, now I'm cutting off most of the fat I put on during training last year. Currently on an 18-pound cut on my way to 180 again. I probably need to lose more than that but I'll reassess when I hit it. My current regimen is strength training twice a week, hiking on Saturdays, biking to work on Tuesdays (23 miles total) and a longer ride on Sundays (25 miles at least). I'm on an 1800 calorie a day diet right now and so far it's completely doable.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday cool kids! Crush it this week!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Bulk: Chest”!
    Then Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 13! 55#! At the gym. Had the place to myself. 🤪👍
    Banged out “Body Beast Bulk: Back” after!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Saturday was a beautiful day! Went for a walk / run and then a nice snowshoe along the lake. Was looking for ice caves, but there are not many to speak of this year - too much snow. It is so neat to be able to walk along Lake Superior and explore places that are otherwise only accessible by water. Had I walked the other way, I would have met up with my son as he was out ice fishing and caught some nice fish that afternoon. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 14! 55/90#. 😂
  • marcus1013
    marcus1013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Day!
    Keep it positive!
  • sdereski
    Options
    A nice snowshoe again yesterday. We got more snow on the weekend, so I was breaking trail again. Worked up a good sweat doing so.