Nope, I dont believe it

Options

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    Nope. But I'd tjerws pics if somebody 5-9 and under 170 who didnt die, I'll take a look 😏

Not sure if your male/female but I'm 5-8 so only 1inch shorter and currently weigh 178lbs at my lightest I weighed 158lbs and could have still lost more. Pic is me 2 weeks ago at about 180lbs ish

Great pic Angel!!! You look lighter than 180.
    Nope. But I'd tjerws pics if somebody 5-9 and under 170 who didnt die, I'll take a look 😏

Not sure if your male/female but I'm 5-8 so only 1inch shorter and currently weigh 178lbs at my lightest I weighed 158lbs and could have still lost more. Pic is me 2 weeks ago at about 180lbs ish

Hey, thanks - somebody willing to talk about themself rather than others 😎
    I'm 213 this morning - scale is pretty reliable. All bundled up to go out push so ice n snow off the patio, maybe kin git a pic later.

I was 210lbs at my heaviest that was April 2016 I have done alot of yo-yoing since then :(

Angel. You look GREAT GIRL! Don t let body tell you different!

Wow thank you both so much the trainer at the gym said I didn't look as heavy as Iam but I just thought well she works here she's just telling me what I want to hear LOL nice to hear it from strangers just wish I could see myself through other people's eyes sometimes
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    . Now I realise I was kidding myself.

I dismissed the goal ... because It seemed too hard, ... so it was easier for me to ... I had a convenient excuse ...

taking personal responsibility for everything in my life. I'm done with blaming ...I've now reduced my goal weight ... within the healthy h/w ratio range.

So you've stopped blaming others for
    .. whatever ... and now want to be "within the healthy h/w ratio range" according to someone else?@!

Hey, each his/her own. :/
    But I dont think ANYBODY would see those pics of me and say 'that guy is outside the range we decided is acceptable and needs to drop 45 lbs" . I mean, NOBODY. :)

[edited by MFP Mods]
    There's a BMI thread floating around the debate forum. It's a little bit of a dumpster fire, but I think most folks would agree that if a person likes how they look and feel, most other things are kind of irrelevant.

Pick a weight loss number and run with it. If it doesn't work change it. I quit worrying about BMI a long time ago because, while it might have some use as a general population guide, it's fairly worthless for some individuals.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just log everything to eat, and weigh it all so you know you are actually doing it right. Keep going for a month and then see where you are.
  • jls1leather9497
    jls1leather9497 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Actually, MFP will not give you under 1500 calories, no matter what. To lose 2lbs per week, you need to eat 1000 calories below your daily maintenance. BUT, if your daily maintenance is 2300 calories and you tell MFP you want to lose 2lbs per week? It's not going to tell you to eat 1300. It's going to go to the default minimum for men of 1500. Even though that's really going to be setting you up to lose 1.8/week.

I don't know what your daily maintenance is, just to be clear. But I do know that MFP will not give a man less than 1500 calories/day (or a woman 1200).

Congratulations. That's exactly what I've been saying.