3kg loss in August! we all did so well in July!!

Options

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to update you all. I've increased my calories. I was typically netting around 1200. I don't think it was enough for me, because my weight loss has stalled somewhat. So I increased my calories to 1500-1550 per day. Hopefully that'll get me losing again. I'm exactly 1/2 way to my weight goal! And I know this 1/2 will be harder than the first 1/2.

yaaaaaay great choice!
    and soooooo excited half way is fantastic!!!!! good on you gorgeous always a relaible MFP friend!
    thank you for keeping on going and always logging and doing a fantastic job! sooo rpoud of you!

Aww thank you Bree! That really means A LOT! :heart: You inspire me on here too!!! I love having you as my motivational friend!!!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I increased my calories from 1300 to 1500 and decreased my exercise this week and I'm finally losing again. While I only lost 0.4kg it's still something. I'm currently 58.6kg which means I have only lost 0.6kg so far this month.

My measurements have increased though.. my waist has gone from 68cm to 69.5 :(
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I need a suggestion regarding alternatives to the Push Up part of the 30DS work out please.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands/wrists and although I have worked through level 1 of 30DS, Level 2 push ups are more than my wrists can handle.

I don't want to give up, but the pain is awful.
    Any ideas of what I could change this to?

Weigh in day tomorrow so hoping for a good result lol.

Have a wonderful week everyone :flowerforyou:
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    apparently lost 1kg this week. My scales kept changing their minds. I wish I got electronic scales.
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I need a suggestion regarding alternatives to the Push Up part of the 30DS work out please.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands/wrists and although I have worked through level 1 of 30DS, Level 2 push ups are more than my wrists can handle.

can you just stick to the level 1 push ups rather than the level 2??
    otherwise you are can do chest presses. in theory you are doing the same but reveresed. so lie on your back and get a heavier weight and push from your arm pits up to the sky then slowly down and back up. repeat this and it is a similar alternative to push ups! :)

xx
  • breezad
    Options
    I increased my calories from 1300 to 1500 and decreased my exercise this week and I'm finally losing again. While I only lost 0.4kg it's still something. I'm currently 58.6kg which means I have only lost 0.6kg so far this month.

My measurements have increased though.. my waist has gone from 68cm to 69.5 :(

great work in uping calories in and decreasing cals out. it has worked for me and im loving it!
    yeah measuremtns are very important but you may have been abit bloated that day or something. keeo measuring and you'll see it going down, otherwise just keep running if you can or do toning exercises as part of your exercise for the week :)
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi everyone,

can you just stick to the level 1 push ups rather than the level 2??
    otherwise you are can do chest presses. in theory you are doing the same but reveresed. so lie on your back and get a heavier weight and push from your arm pits up to the sky then slowly down and back up. repeat this and it is a similar alternative to push ups! :)

xx

Thanks, Bree you're awesome, I didn't think of that. Will put the chest presses in tomorrow.
    Weight wise no loss but still hopeful for the month end, now I'm back at gym and doing 30DS things should get going again. I had a look at the Biggest Winner DVD last night omg :noway: someone call an ambulance I may need oxygen after I start this :laugh:

Have a great day everyone :wink:
  • breezad
    Options
    hahahahha awesome that your back at gym and 30ds!!!!
    hahaha how is the dvd for biggest loser??? hard???

thats awesome!!!

a little tip for you guys as well. if you are running late or dont have time or have a spare 2min at any stage of the day.... log onto youtube and look up 2min meltdown!
    its designed but a super ripped hot guy i might add haha but he does short quick but hard 2min exercise. 4 exercise at 30sec so not much but go hard. its noly 2min for the wholw thing and you can do it as many times a day as you can fit 2mins :)

keep it up ladies! your all awesome and can TOTALLY do this!!!!
  • bethly
    bethly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Jeez. I'm really struggling. My weight has fluctuated so much in the past couple weeks! Ugh.

I've been trying to stay within the amount of calories the app tells me, and I bike every day to and from work, I even started doing a couple extra walks and some more crunches and such.

Since starting this month, I've gained weight, lose mm off my measurements... I know I shouldn't give up hope yet, but UGH!!!!
  • k3lly89
    k3lly89 Posts: 67
    Options
    Hey everyone,

So i've only lost 0.2kgs so far this month but I knew it would be slow. I've noticed I'm not so bloated and my stomach has definitely gone down. My measurements have slightly dropped too. Hopefully I can lose something this week but in total I've lost 1.3 kgs since starting MFP so only 2.5kgs to go!!! :)

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • breezad
    Options
    Jeez. I'm really struggling. My weight has fluctuated so much in the past couple weeks! Ugh.

I've been trying to stay within the amount of calories the app tells me, and I bike every day to and from work, I even started doing a couple extra walks and some more crunches and such.

Since starting this month, I've gained weight, lose mm off my measurements... I know I shouldn't give up hope yet, but UGH!!!!

with all this exercise exercise hun are you eating enough?? wat is your daily intake roughly???
  • breezad
    Options
    Hey everyone,

So i've only lost 0.2kgs so far this month but I knew it would be slow. I've noticed I'm not so bloated and my stomach has definitely gone down. My measurements have slightly dropped too. Hopefully I can lose something this week but in total I've lost 1.3 kgs since starting MFP so only 2.5kgs to go!!! :)

I hope everyone is having a good week!

only 2.5kgs to go! thats awesome you didint need to loose much at all!! :)
    congrats to being sooooo close!
  • k3lly89
    k3lly89 Posts: 67
    Options
    Thanks Bree! Just want to lose that extra belly fat for summer :smile:
  • miss84
    miss84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Iv been a bit slack on using this, so now im finally checking in. Last week I decided to start taking measurements, since the scales weren't really going anywhere. I did my 2 measurements this morning, and they have all gone down a little! yaay for me! And I have finally cracked under 57kg, so im happy with how im going atm :)
    I think it must be all the sunshine we are getting lately, makes me much more inclined to get off my ar*se and get outside. Yesterday I did 4.3km walk at lunch time, then when I finished work I jogged 4km! Felt realy good after! Hopefully I can keep it up!
    Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • breezad
    Options
    Iv been a bit slack on using this, so now im finally checking in. Last week I decided to start taking measurements, since the scales weren't really going anywhere. I did my 2 measurements this morning, and they have all gone down a little! yaay for me! And I have finally cracked under 57kg, so im happy with how im going atm :)
    I think it must be all the sunshine we are getting lately, makes me much more inclined to get off my ar*se and get outside. Yesterday I did 4.3km walk at lunch time, then when I finished work I jogged 4km! Felt realy good after! Hopefully I can keep it up!
    Hope everyone else is doing well!

aweosme a BIG congrats to you hun:bigsmile:
    well done!!! soooo glad you came and droppe din to let us all know! well done!!!!!
    and good to see the mearuments went down to! and the jogging and mid work workout is fantastic!!!!

good for us all ladies! maybe take your runners for the rest of the week to work and do a walk at lunch :)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in.

I lost another pound today, bringing me down to 140 lbs / 63.50 kg. So I've lost 4.5 lbs or 2.04 kg so far this month! Not too bad. :smile: With just a week left in this month (YIKES CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!) I'm hoping to lose another 2 lbs if possible!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I seem to have lost some inches. But ever the sceptic, I believe I just measured differently this time around ;)

Weigh in on Monday.
  • breezad
    Options

I lost another pound today, bringing me down to 140 lbs / 63.50 kg. So I've lost 4.5 lbs or 2.04 kg so far this month! Not too bad. :smile: With just a week left in this month (YIKES CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!) I'm hoping to lose another 2 lbs if possible!

thats is sooooo fantastic!!!! welldone! with all that exercise so you should be! your amamzing and i truely hope you get the 2lbs loss!!!!! xxx
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Wow congrats that's incredible!

I'm going home tomorrow for study break so I'm not going to be able to do my final weigh in until the saturday 3rd. But I don't think it's going to be good. I havn't been able to get out of the 58 - 59kg range all month. I've had a really busy month and havn't been as strict with myself as i should have been. But I'm only going to get more busy from now til summer break so no more excuses.
  • breezad
    Options
    almost at the end ladies!!!!

how are you all going????