Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• Sassymanda
    Sassymanda Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @pramason38 thanks that makes a lot of sense. We control ourselves our thinking and our actions. Its time to take control and make changes to my habits.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    Are any of you readers?
    Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget
    by Sarah Hepola

@Lilylady3k thank you for giving us an inside look at the material in this book. It sounds amazing and chilling at the same time.
    I used to refer to my black out moments as "I just need to close my eyes for a minute or to and take a little nap" 🤐
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~12 days so far
    No Alcohol: 5 days
    Alcohol: 7 days (13 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal which I missed this time around.
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - 2 glasses of wine - driving this evening 5 hrs but then unexpected dinner at my sisters afterwards for spaghetti & wine

Mar 4 - 2 glasses of wine - DH picked up a bottle for dinner
    Mar 5 - AF: Don’t order alcohol on plane even though you have free drink tickets! DH did but I ordered bloody mary mix instead. Then at dinner after we landed I drank water while he had wine.
    Mar 6 - 2 glasses of Albariño (white spanish wine). San Francisco: One glass at each restaurant we explored (Hog Island Oyster Co & Coqueta 5 Spanish tapas) and NO nightcap back at the hotel!
    Mar 7 - 1 beer - DH's sales rep had a beer waiting for me when I joined them after I strolled through the San Fran MOMA for 4 hours. No will power to turn it away when sitting in 3rd Street Tap Room.
    DH & I made a pact no alcohol for the rest of Lent which will commence for us Friday! This will be very challenging for the both of us.
    Mar 8 - AF
    Mar 9 - AF
    Mar 10 - AF
    It was a rough week of challenges but managed to pull together 4 of 7 days AF!
    Mar 11 - AF
    Mar 12 - 2 glasses of wine
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sassymanda wrote: »
    Oh wow Im so glad I found this board! I have been trying so hard to go AF for a while now and its been a real struggle. My problem is wine I love to come home every night and have a few glasses or bottle of wine and then on the weekend my bf and I will drink tequila. I know that drinking makes me feel like crap every morning when I get up. I know its made me gain so much weight has had an effect on my life I've been lazy I dont go out and do things that i use to I would much rather sit on the couch with my wine. I haven't been able to go more then 2-3 days with out it.
    Yesterday I did good I came home made dinner, exercised on my gazelle, relaxed and went to bed. I want to be able to keep this up all week every week. I get so stressed at work on my way home I think about how nice it will be to have that glass of wine and I really want to change this way of thinking. I want to be able to replace alcohol with exercise and getting out enjoying life and experiences on the weekend not being drunk then nursing a hangover the next day.
    Im looking forward to the support i can get from this thread and you all! ANd to support you all in return So heres to day 2 of being AF wish me luck!

Look up Rachel Hart hon, she has a podcast as well as a site, its helped me SOOOO MUCH- i think it will help you too! x
  • Sassymanda
    Options
    vmacdougal wrote: »
    Hi all. My husband and I made an agreement that we would still drink in restaurants or social occasions. But no more just the two of us, sitting around the house. We are having... mixed success sticking to that, but overall we are on a positive trend.

Next week, I am going on a six-day backpacking trip. No temptation--there is no alcohol to be had in the back-country. And the sponsoring organization (Campfire USA) doesn't permit alcohol on their trips even if I wanted to pack some in or something. I would just die of shame if I got busted sipping on a flask in my tent. So for six days, I am "safe" from temptation.

Good luck on your trip. After all that hiking you probably to tired to think a bout a drink!
  • Sassymanda
    Options
    @Stephanie20685 I agree and my mom has told me the same as well. I cant drink tea after 5 or 6pm the caffeine keeps me awake so I was thinking of getting some crystal light or something as I get tired of drinking water all day long. Thanks for the tip!