First time trying this & what is Keto

35srzb
35srzb Posts: 3 Member
Hello Everyone!
Just signed up trying this app, I love my sugar and carbs:/ drinking coffee for breakfast picking on junk through out the day and binge at night may take me a lot of time, but going to try my hardest and water drinking is so hard for me! I drink a little everyday but I know I need to try more! Im quite curiouse what is Keto? And has it worked out well for anyone? Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Keto is a very low carb diet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    35srzb wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!
    Just signed up trying this app, I love my sugar and carbs:/ drinking coffee for breakfast picking on junk through out the day and binge at night may take me a lot of time, but going to try my hardest and water drinking is so hard for me! I drink a little everyday but I know I need to try more! Im quite curiouse what is Keto? And has it worked out well for anyone? Thanks

Keto is an ultra low carb, very high fat, moderate protein diet. I personally couldn't ever do it...I don't eat much in the way of things like added sugars or "junk" food, but I enjoy my veggies and fruit and oats and beans and lentils and potatoes and such. I also can't fathom eating enormous amounts of dietary fat...it just seems disgusting.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Keto is a low carb, high fat style of eating. There is no reason it needs to be done to lose weight. You can lose weight just fine watching your calories.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    You might want to research to see if keto is for you. This is a good site to let you see what it's all about.
    https://reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

Keto is a type of calorie restriction plan that drastically cuts carbs, which can be a good tool to use if those are the kinds of foods you eat too much of. It works if you count carbs and keep a calorie deficit. It's under 50g carbs. Low-carb is more forgiving with an upper limit of 100-120g of carbs. But you can still lose weight if you don't cut carbs. Weight loss requires only a calorie deficit over time.

People will attribute all kinds of things to Keto, both good and bad. In truth, it can give some people appetite suppression if they find fat super-satiating. I was still hungry all the time on keto, but I've always been ravenous since birth. I used Keto to help me limit foods I tended to overeat, and I lost weight and am now maintaining with low-carb 5 days of the week (so I can prioritize micronutrient dense foods). Many people don't ever start to like keto foods, don't find it satiating, and do better with other methods.

Should you decide to try it, the 2 most active keto groups are easily found among the Groups: Keto (just keto) and Low Carber Daily Forum (all low-carb plans are welcome there.)
  • Ketoqueen35
    Ketoqueen35 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there I am currently on keto and lost 62 lbs in 7 months. I feel great and weight loss has been effortless with this diet. I do the healthy version of keto. A great website for recipes is all day I dream about food. Dr Berg on YouTube has some great advice on how to get started and why keto is bennifical for insulin resistance.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hi there I am currently on keto and lost 62 lbs in 7 months. I feel great and weight loss has been effortless with this diet. I do the healthy version of keto. A great website for recipes is all day I dream about food. Dr Berg on YouTube has some great advice on how to get started and why keto is bennifical for insulin resistance.

The healthy version?
  • 35srzb

Wow thats great! Thank you!
  • 35srzb
    baconslave wrote: »
    You might want to research to see if keto is for you. This is a good site to let you see what it's all about.
    https://reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq

Keto is a type of calorie restriction plan that drastically cuts carbs, which can be a good tool to use if those are the kinds of foods you eat too much of. It works if you count carbs and keep a calorie deficit. It's under 50g carbs. Low-carb is more forgiving with an upper limit of 100-120g of carbs. But you can still lose weight if you don't cut carbs. Weight loss requires only a calorie deficit over time.

People will attribute all kinds of things to Keto, both good and bad. In truth, it can give some people appetite suppression if they find fat super-satiating. I was still hungry all the time on keto, but I've always been ravenous since birth. I used Keto to help me limit foods I tended to overeat, and I lost weight and am now maintaining with low-carb 5 days of the week (so I can prioritize micronutrient dense foods). Many people don't ever start to like keto foods, don't find it satiating, and do better with other methods.

Should you decide to try it, the 2 most active keto groups are easily found among the Groups: Keto (just keto) and Low Carber Daily Forum (all low-carb plans are welcome there.)

Thank you for the information:)