Is this kind of transformation really possible in 6 weeks?

Options
Fair play to the guy if it is but I don’t think so jp0kj1fy7hg1.jpeg

As someone who also lost weight when I quit drinking I certainly didn’t end up like that, he’s lost what 20-30 lbs and gone from about 25% bf to sub 15 all in 6 weeks?

Replies

• rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'll take People Lying To Grow Their Online Business for €500, Alex.

^This lol

Or maybe he’s got himself some magic woo beans? Sorry.

I wish it was that easy.
    Maybe he was just super bloaty? Bloat has never been my problem, so I’m just throwing it out there because I don’t know. 🤔

Edit to add: I’ve seen some amazing transformations where the time elapsed between photos is pretty short. Maybe if I had a trainer giving me crap about my food choices and workouts on a regular basis, I’d have this kind of success too?
  • Ryewhisky75
    Ryewhisky75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not really, but people can manipulate their stomach area to look fatter in one pic. I've seen youtube videos on the before and afters, but taken the same day, not weeks or months apart. Here's an example: https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/before-and-after-pics-taken-the-same-day/
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes, he was super bloated. Beer will do that to you (among other things).

Thanks. I’ve seen lots of posts (photos) about bloating that can happen over the course of a DAY and it shocks me. I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with that!

Bloating though, wouldn’t account for the change in the definition on his arms.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yes, I've seen the stomach thing before, but the arms and shoulders are a different matter. Wonder should I call him out on it or should I let it go :wink: It's on a Facebook group I'm part of, no call to be putting topless pics up in that group so he obviously attention seeking, but the women in the group are going mad for it.

gu4aurfny3cu.png
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Is it typical of what one would expect normally, no.

Honestly I don't see much difference in anything but loss of weight/bloat, good lighting/filter, with a flex vs. unflexed pic.

I had simular if not more ridiculous change of myself that took only a few more weeks but more of a change IMO.

We are talking still pics.

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Maybe this is what they call newbie gains?
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Or maybe he chose a slightly old photo when he was at his ‘fattest’ that I’d actually perhaps a month or more before his 6wks?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    It also looks kind of like he used makeup to make them look more defined lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Can be, but one would pretty much have to be at a high calorie deficit to do it and likely a miserable 6 weeks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    As someone who does suffer bloating (which at times makes me look 8 months pregnant, not a pretty sight at the age of 63)this looks more to me like belly fat. Also, in my experience it's hard to disguise the bloated look no matter how hard i try to hold in my stomach
    Maybe he already had some muscle definition which is more obvious now he's shed some fat? Whatever, I say fair play to him for cutting out alcohol. I know I feel and look better when I don't drink.