Which Fitbit device do you use?

Options

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit Flex 2. Its the most basic version, but its good enough for what I need it for and I like that its waterproof. I mainly just use it to track steps and sleep habits.

If I ever start working out heavily and lifting (this will be quite a while from now), I would consider getting a Fitbit with a heart rate monitor.
  • Tolstolobik
    Tolstolobik Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Versa, mainly because swimming is my primary form of exercise and it does a good (enough for me) job of tracking that.

A question for you- when you swim, how does it track your activity? Do you manually have to enter that you are swimming or does the device detects it without you doing anything?
  • DreamPhedre
    DreamPhedre Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Ionic - I love the GPS feature.
  • denisek3
    denisek3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Alta HR - great battery life, love the sleep tracker info., seems generally accurate, and steps and weight tracker connects to other programs like myfitness pal and Noom - but sometimes it doesn't accurately track my heart rate when I'm working out until sweat forms and creates a better connection to the sensors. It's also very difficult to read in bright sunlight.
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I use the versa, and it's been essential for my weight loss. I have used the weekly calorie burn to adjust my activity level, and I eat back approx half my exercise calories. It has been very accurate for me, I'm at 60lbs lost and I think fitbit has played a huge role in the numbers side of it. It tracks my sleep, cycle, and HR.
  • Tolstolobik
    Options
    I use the versa, and it's been essential for my weight loss. I have used the weekly calorie burn to adjust my activity level, and I eat back approx half my exercise calories. It has been very accurate for me, I'm at 60lbs lost and I think fitbit has played a huge role in the numbers side of it. It tracks my sleep, cycle, and HR.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I use the charge 3. So far the calorie burn listed is within 200 cals of what i believe my burn is. So i'm pretty happy with it. It has 24/7 hrm and sleep tracker as well. and i only need to charge it once a week versus my Polar a370 which is every 2-3 days.
  • ksue4
    ksue4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a Charge 3. It seems to be fairly accurate.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Charge 2 CI v CO & weight trend show its accurate down to 0.4 of a lb
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Charge 3, I upgraded from a Flex 2 in June.
  • Tolstolobik
    edited March 2019
    Options
    A question. Those who use HR models of Fitbit, do you find calories burned more accurate to CICO than non-HR. Is there an advantage to using a HR model other than keeping track of sleep cycles and keeping track of HR for intense workouts? In the near future I would like to upgrade my Zip and have been looking at the new Inspire/Inspire HR, both models are waterproof (I am planning to swim this coming summer). I mostly walk briskly for exercise with some resistance training for bone mass maintenance.
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use the Alta HR. Step counting is accurate. Calories burned I believe is accurate. Sleep accuracy is no correct.
  • Tolstolobik
    Options
    I use the Alta HR. Step counting is accurate. Calories burned I believe is accurate. Sleep accuracy is no correct.

Thank you for your input! 👌
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    charge hr 3, I think it is pretty accurate.
  • Tolstolobik
    Options
    charge hr 3, I think it is pretty accurate.

👌!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I used to use the Zip, which I liked a lot. Now I have an apple watch.
  • Tolstolobik
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I used to use the Zip, which I liked a lot. Now I have an apple watch.

Thank you for your feedback! I like my Zip as well...too bad it's not waterproof.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have a Zip, and not likely to upgrade. I do swim as exercise, but logging that manually is easy enough, same with weight lifting. I find it's about 200 under per day. I'm happy enough with it.
  • Tolstolobik
    edited March 2019
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I have a Zip, and not likely to upgrade. I do swim as exercise, but logging that manually is easy enough, same with weight lifting. I find it's about 200 under per day. I'm happy enough with it.

Thank you for your helpful reply nutmegoreo! I haven't done any manual logging with my Zip...I have been using it to mainly track my steps and to see how many calories I burn. When you say it's 200 under per day, do you mean it underestimates by 200 calories per day from tracking steps or overall? Also, where do you wear yours?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Thank you for your helpful reply nutmegoreo! I haven't done any manual logging with my Zip...I have been using it to mainly track my steps and to see how many calories I burn. When you say it's 200 under per day, do you mean it underestimates by 200 calories per day from tracking steps or overall? Also, where do you wear yours?

I clip mine onto my bra, so it's hidden. By 200 under, I mean that if at the end of the day, it says I burned 1800 calories for the day, my history with logging compared to expected weight loss and what FitBit gives me, I have determined that I have actually burned about 2000 calories that day.