tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in March 2019•

February 2019 - Gain/Loss
    of 4.2 lbs. 28 day average was 175.3

Original starting wgt: 253
    March starting weight: 175.2
    March goal: 170
    ❄Updating every day through March until completely back on track.

•Monday Updates•📌

March 1 - 175.2 - Feeling 90% better today.
    3/2 - 177 - smh😕
    3/3 - 175
    📌3/4 - 177
    3/5 - 174.4
    3/6 - 173
    3/7 - 173.8
    3/8 - 172.6
    3/9 - 172.2
    3/10 - 174.2 - An early weigh in as far as my fasting schedule. I'm experimenting going back to 12/12 for a week or two for a little break. Expected from increased carbs, but, seems that I haven't learned my lesson about drinking salty water late in the evening.😦 It's okay. 19g carbs, 14g net carbs. Carbs were: salad spaghetti squash, pesto, peanut butter (1.5 TB) YES to vegetables!
    📌3/11 - 170.8
    3/12 - 170.4 - Day 1 Day 3 of my experiment in the books. Successful so far.
    3/13 - 171.8 - Retaining some fluid
    again from drinking electrolytes just before bed.
    3/14 - 171.2
    3/15 - 172.2 - A little fluid retention..... from exercise, not carbs! Knee is behaving, so back to strengthing quads and hams. Taking it low and slow, but consistently. I'm dealing with old shoulder injuries too, so must not be impatient with myself trying to do sets, reps and long workouts like I used to do.
    3/16 - 173 - Normal fluctuation.

3/17 - 171.2
    📌3/18
    3/19
    3/20

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    from Mtaratoot:

Have you considered some kind of app that shows you a trend from daily numbers? Fluctuation happens! There's another group here on MFP called Lose 1 Pound A Week and Keep It Off! 2019. One of the tools over there is called "True Weight." It takes a geometric moving average of daily weigh-ins. It's really interesting to see the fluctuations. AND THE TREND. There's also some online tools you can use. I posted about that here the other day. As an example of "True Weight," look at my data from 2019. Look particularly at February. HUGE swings up and down. But the overall trend? It's good.
    3ruxwdrpss1h.png

[/quote]
    Thanks for the good advice. I usually look at my weight over the course of a month and I know that it has steadily been creeping up instead of down. A combination of careless eating, medication, post menopause metabolism and stress. I really need to get my act together.

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    58 years old, 5'3"
    Oct 27.18 joined MFP Start weight 191
    March goal 169.3 - 5 pound loss, and hopefully into a new decade finally.

February loss was 1.9 pounds
    February 28 - 174.8 - burned off mega calories yesterday too, but still up in weight this morning. Low on sleep.

March 01 - 174.3 - I hope for March to be better than February.
    March 02 - 173.7 - Unbelievable, I was so disappointed with February, being so diligent about burning lots of calories, eating carefully, and barely losing weight - that last night I had (in defiance) a giant steak, corn, sour cream, potatoes etc., way over my calorie allotment. I truly expected to see a gain this morning.
    March 03 - 174.3 - So the steak dinner from Friday shows up?
    March 04 - 173.9 - skating yesterday
    March 05 - 174.9 - no reason to be up other than short on sleep. Skating today, so hope to see a drop tomorrow morning.
    March 06 - 173.6 - yay for skating, I am skating again today too.
    March 07 - 173.3 - again, yay for skating. I am working out of town today, and taking my skates with me because there is an arena there. There is only a few weeks left of the skating season : - (
    March 08 - 171.4 - I have learned now not to get too excited about this, I had a big dinner yesterday so I expect it to catch up with me. Slow metabolism once we get older. I did burn off a lot of calories yesterday skating and other stuff though. Lowest weight I have been so far, but then I had one low day in February which didn't last too.
    March 09 - 172.7 - I skated 3 times at 3 different places yesterday (1,095 calories burned), but I did expect to see a gain because I had a good dinner on Thursday that hadn't yet showed up. Running monthly total: loss 1.4 lb
    March 10 - 174.7 - argh! At least there is skating today. I get it if I don't burn 1,000+ calories that I might not lose anything, but I at least don't expect to gain when I only burn off 300-400. Cruel. Throughout all of this I always have calories to spare. Hoping for a better number tomorrow. I so badly want to get into the 60s.
    March 11 - 172.3 - I'll take it. Big skating calorie burn yesterday.
    March 12 - 173.9 - I stick to 1200-1300 calories, aerobics, but if I don't get in at least an hour of skating I am up on the scale. Skating during my work break today. It is really hard to lose weight otherwise for me.
    March 13 - 172.5 - I actually matched my calories in with my calories out yesterday! It is starting to look like my way forward will be to burn 3,500-7,000 calories per week to lose 1 pound per week. That is pretty time consuming, but it seems like it is the only way that I can lose anything. Skating today ; - )
    March 14 - 172.3 - Would be nice to see a woosh soon, I was able to get in 140 minutes of skating yesterday, mega calorie burn, 1,420. I had 1,100 calories left to eat if I wanted to the last 2 days, but I didn't. No skating anywhere today, but the arenas will be open 5 days a week during March break. I am really determined to bust some fat.
    March 15 - 173.1 - After a typical 1200 calories, 30 minutes of aerobics. Losing weight will take more than that for me. There is skating today.
    March 16 - 171.6 - In comparison with March 08, I was expecting a drop, I burned off so many calories this week with extra skating. 4,163, which is more than a pound on its own. There will be skating during March break, so I hope to at least burn 2 pounds during those 2 weeks. I don't know what I will do after that because it seems that I don't lose weight otherwise. There is nothing else really that I like to do that burns so many calories. I do love dance aerobics, but seldom do a whole hour of it. Anyway, pretty pleased with my weight this morning : - )
    March 17.19 - 171.9 - Sunday. I am having a dinner party for my friend's birthday tonight. Eating like a normal person never really works out for me, 2 weeks to take off the weight of one dinner. I am not too worried though, skating moves to 5 days a week starting tomorrow : - )

Running monthly total: loss 2.4 lbs
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

3/15 - 172.2 - A little fluid retention..... from exercise, not carbs! Knee is behaving, so back to strengthing quads and hams. Taking it low and slow, but consistently. I'm dealing with old shoulder injuries too, so must not be impatient with myself trying to do sets, reps and long workouts like I used to do.

How do you strengthen quads without hurting knees? Yes, shoulders. I had been doing push-ups (25 per day) for 3 months, but had to give it up because it hurt my shoulders.
    I know that this aging thing (old injuries rearing back up, post-menopausal metabolism etc.) can really suck, but it is better for our bodies if we lose some weight.
    Glad to see that your new experiment is working out! You are having a good month!
  • tiabirdie56
    edited March 2019
    Options
    How do you strengthen quads without hurting knees? Yes, shoulders. I had been doing push-ups (25 per day) for 3 months, but had to give it up because it hurt my shoulders.
    I know that this aging thing (old injuries rearing back up, post-menopausal metabolism etc.) can really suck, but it is better for our bodies if we lose some weight.
    Glad to see that your new experiment is working out! You are having a good month!

@dawnbgethealthy, That is the question isn't it Dawn? Lol. I can usually get through a couple of leg exercise sets before feeling pain. I have to strengthen my hamstrings, quadriceps and glutes to take the strain off my knee. In order to maintain proper form, I don't rush through reps. When I feel pain, I stop and continue those exercises later in the day. I'm also working on regaining strength in those muscles through balance exercises. My muscles are pitifully weak right now, but I am improving daily.

The break in my normal IF schedule has been working well. Thanks!

I think you are doing very well! I know you don't care for the wild weight swings, but your weight will settle downward. Bodies do not want to lose weight, they want to survive. Continually withholding calories and doing strenuous exercise are stressors. Weightloss is absolutely a strategic game played with yourself as opponent. To win, the strategies have to change. As soon as what you have been doing is not getting results, it's time to switch it up! Think about it, go deeper than the surface of calories in, calories out. I think March could be our month to exit this decade.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Starting again, with a vengance

March starting weight - 270
    March goal - 265
    Ultimate goal - TBD

17th - 270
    24th -
    31st -
    Total loss for March -
  • JennH517
    JennH517 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone!

Stuck. Yuck. Oh well it is good practice for maintenance one day.

My body does not like ONEderland. This happened 20 years ago too. Got here, couldn't go lower, stayed at 202-205 for 13 years before I gained again to the point of needing to make a life change again.

Not quitting, but I can't lie. I am frustrated and discouraged.

Highest weight ever: 254 in October 1999.

Lowest since 1991: 194.4 November 25, 2018.

Original starting weight: 243 in 2015.

MFP Starting weight December 25th, 2016: 233.

Goal: 180 in however long it takes.

Weekly Averages:

February 18 - February 24: 196.5.
    I missed averaging the last 7 days.
    March 4 - March 10: 196.5
    March 11 - March 17: 197

Loss for March: 0.5 GAIN

MFP Loss: 36 lbs.

Total cumulative loss since mid 2015: 46 lbs.

Move more, eat less.

123142580.png[/url

• MArkFIA
    MArkFIA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MArkFIA wrote: »
    102kg (225lbs) -> 100kg (220lbs)

3/3/2019 : 101,8kg
    7/3/2019: 100,3kg
    14/3/2019: 99,8kg
    18/3/2019:99,3kg
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 354.4 lbs
    March starting weight - 345.2 lbs
    March goal - 330 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 250 lbs

1st - 345.2 lbs
    4th - 344.9 lbs
    8th - 341.0 lbs
    11th - 343.6 lbs I ate during my fast last night. I don't know what I was thinking. But today is another day.
    15th - 341.3 lbs I'm not entirely sure what's happening but I'm not going to let it discourage me.
    18th - 338.8 lbs I was scared for a minute but then I realized that I was dehydrated and retaining water at night. So I changed this around. Drinking lemon water in the morning and propel at night. Happy Monday
    22nd -
    25th -
    29th -
    31st -

March loss -
    February loss - 9.2 lbs
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    At this point, all I can do is...laugh.

Pro: I know in my heart of hearts that I am not snacking as much on bad food.
    Con: I did not drink as much water this weekend as I should have.

I will just keep going because I have lost 1/4 inch off the largest part of my waist since last week. :)

MFP Starting Weight: 140 lbs - February 2011
    Current Starting Weight: 147 lbs - November 2017
    March Starting Weight: 141.2 lbs
    March Goal: 135 lbs

Height: 5ft

Goal Weight: 135 lbs - April 2019 (Niece's Quincenera)
    Ultimate Goal: 120 lbs

Weigh-In Day: Friday and Monday

March 1: 141.2 lbs
    March 4: 141.2
    March 8: 141.2
    March 11: 141.2
    March 15: 139.6
    March 18: 141.4
    March 22:
    March 25:
    March 29:

Total loss for February: +0.2 lbs
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    Options
    syreina wrote: »
    At this point, all I can do is...laugh.

Pro: I know in my heart of hearts that I am not snacking as much on bad food.
    Con: I did not drink as much water this weekend as I should have.

I will just keep going because I have lost 1/4 inch off the largest part of my waist since last week. :)

MFP Starting Weight: 140 lbs - February 2011
    Current Starting Weight: 147 lbs - November 2017
    March Starting Weight: 141.2 lbs
    March Goal: 135 lbs

Height: 5ft

Goal Weight: 135 lbs - April 2019 (Niece's Quincenera)
    Ultimate Goal: 120 lbs

Weigh-In Day: Friday and Monday

March 1: 141.2 lbs
    March 4: 141.2
    March 8: 141.2
    March 11: 141.2
    March 15: 139.6
    March 18: 141.4
    March 22:
    March 25:
    March 29:

Total loss for February: +0.2 lbs

I know how hard it is to get that last five pounds off. Believe me I do. But I want to say yay for you even though you aren't at your goal because you've been maintaining a ridiculously consistent weight all month. That's a great accomplishment. It means your calorie balance is smack on, and it will only take small changes to go in either direction. Super healthy way to get to your goal.

I also expect that some time soon you'll see a surprise over a short span of time. No idea why this happens, and it even surprised me when I got down to my goal. My last few pounds actually came off at an unsustainable rate. Maybe yours will too. I'll keep my hopes up that this happens before the Quincenera. Is that early or late April? If it's late April, it realistically could happen. Don't get discouraged! If your response is to laugh, then you're doing it right. Keep it up.
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 172.6 lbs
    March starting weight - 156 lbs
    March goal - 152.0 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 120 lbs

03/01 - 156
    03/04 - 155.5
    03/11 - 155
    03/18 - 154.5
    03/25 -
    03/31 -

March Loss- 1.5 lb

Disappointed so far this month, but at least number is going down however slowly
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    Options
    171lake wrote: »
    Original starting weight - 172.6 lbs
    March starting weight - 156 lbs
    March goal - 152.0 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 120 lbs

03/01 - 156
    03/04 - 155.5
    03/11 - 155
    03/18 - 154.5
    03/25 -
    03/31 -

March Loss- 1.5 lb

Disappointed so far this month, but at least number is going down however slowly

Half a pound per week is a very good healthy rate. Keep this up and you will be at your goal in a year. A YEAR? Yeah. Seems like a long time, but it will be here before you know it. You might have some struggles along the way, and it might even be MORE than a year. I ran into that. You might also have weeks when you lose more. Just keep that goal in mind. You'll get there. This is what my past year looked like. I did a quick calculation, and since February last year the 22 pounds I lost came off at a rate of "only" 0.4 pounds per week on average. Some faster, some slower, some setbacks. Still - it works! YOU CAN DO THIS!

oywxlmshnej8.png
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    58 years old, 5'3"
    Oct 27.18 joined MFP Start weight 191
    March goal 169.3 - 5 pound loss, and hopefully into a new decade finally.

February loss was 1.9 pounds
    February 28 - 174.8 - burned off mega calories yesterday too, but still up in weight this morning. Low on sleep.

March 01 - 174.3 - I hope for March to be better than February.
    March 02 - 173.7 - Unbelievable, I was so disappointed with February, being so diligent about burning lots of calories, eating carefully, and barely losing weight - that last night I had (in defiance) a giant steak, corn, sour cream, potatoes etc., way over my calorie allotment. I truly expected to see a gain this morning.
    March 03 - 174.3 - So the steak dinner from Friday shows up?
    March 04 - 173.9 - skating yesterday
    March 05 - 174.9 Tuesday - no reason to be up other than short on sleep. Skating today, so hope to see a drop tomorrow morning.
    March 06 - 173.6 - yay for skating, I am skating again today too.
    March 07 - 173.3 - again, yay for skating. I am working out of town today, and taking my skates with me because there is an arena there. There is only a few weeks left of the skating season : - (
    March 08 - 171.4 - I have learned now not to get too excited about this, I had a big dinner yesterday so I expect it to catch up with me. Slow metabolism once we get older. I did burn off a lot of calories yesterday skating and other stuff though. Lowest weight I have been so far, but then I had one low day in February which didn't last too.
    March 09 - 172.7 - I skated 3 times at 3 different places yesterday (1,095 calories burned), but I did expect to see a gain because I had a good dinner on Thursday that hadn't yet showed up. Running monthly total: loss 1.4 lb
    March 10 - 174.7 - argh! At least there is skating today. I get it if I don't burn 1,000+ calories that I might not lose anything, but I at least don't expect to gain when I only burn off 300-400. Cruel. Throughout all of this I always have calories to spare. Hoping for a better number tomorrow. I so badly want to get into the 60s.
    March 11 - 172.3 - I'll take it. Big skating calorie burn yesterday.
    March 12 - 173.9 Tuesday - I stick to 1200-1300 calories, aerobics, but if I don't get in at least an hour of skating I am up on the scale. Skating during my work break today. It is really hard to lose weight otherwise for me.
    March 13 - 172.5 - I actually matched my calories in with my calories out yesterday! It is starting to look like my way forward will be to burn 3,500-7,000 calories per week to lose 1 pound per week. That is pretty time consuming, but it seems like it is the only way that I can lose anything. Skating today ; - )
    March 14 - 172.3 - Would be nice to see a woosh soon, I was able to get in 140 minutes of skating yesterday, mega calorie burn, 1,420. I had 1,100 calories left to eat if I wanted to the last 2 days, but I didn't. No skating anywhere today, but the arenas will be open 5 days a week during March break. I am really determined to bust some fat.
    March 15 - 173.1 - After a typical 1200 calories, 30 minutes of aerobics. Losing weight will take more than that for me. There is skating today.
    March 16 - 171.6 - In comparison with March 08, I was expecting a drop, I burned off so many calories this week with extra skating. 4,163, which is more than a pound on its own. There will be skating during March break, so I hope to at least burn 2 pounds during those 2 weeks. I don't know what I will do after that because it seems that I don't lose weight otherwise. There is nothing else really that I like to do that burns so many calories. I do love dance aerobics, but seldom do a whole hour of it. Anyway, pretty pleased with my weight this morning : - )
    March 17.19 - 171.9 - Sunday. I am having a dinner party for my friend's birthday tonight. Eating like a normal person never really works out for me, 2 weeks to take off the weight of one dinner. I am not too worried though, skating moves to 5 days a week starting tomorrow : - )
    March 18.19 - 172.0 Monday I am going to stop weighing on Tuesday mornings, I get up at 4am on Tuesdays, and I think that it is too early to be weighing. As I look back through my highest weight days, they are Tuesdays and perhaps not really accurate. Lol, also my good dinner from yesterday might show up tomorrow.

Running monthly total: loss 2.3 lbs
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

@dawnbgethealthy, That is the question isn't it Dawn? Lol. I can usually get through a couple of leg exercise sets before feeling pain. I have to strengthen my hamstrings, quadriceps and glutes to take the strain off my knee. In order to maintain proper form, I don't rush through reps. When I feel pain, I stop and continue those exercises later in the day. I'm also working on regaining strength in those muscles through balance exercises. My muscles are pitifully weak right now, but I am improving daily.

The break in my normal IF schedule has been working well. Thanks!

I think you are doing very well! I know you don't care for the wild weight swings, but your weight will settle downward. Bodies do not want to lose weight, they want to survive. Continually withholding calories and doing strenuous exercise are stressors. Weightloss is absolutely a strategic game played with yourself as opponent. To win, the strategies have to change. As soon as what you have been doing is not getting results, it's time to switch it up! Think about it, go deeper than the surface of calories in, calories out. I think March could be our month to exit this decade.

Well @tiabirdie56 , 13 days left in the month, so that would be great to exit the decade. 2 weeks left of skating and then none until October. It is the only sure fire thing that works for me, (and is super fun) so indeed I will need to be changing things up.
    It is so interesting what you say about bodies not wanting to lose weight. If weight loss is so slow with all of this excess to lose, I can't imagine what it will be like when I am getting close to the goal. But that is very far away still.

Koodos to all of you that are working on your last 5 pounds!!
  • tiabirdie56
    Options

February 2019 - Gain/Loss
    of 4.2 lbs. 28 day average was 175.3

Original starting wgt: 253
    March starting weight: 175.2
    March goal: 170
    ❄Updating every day through March until completely back on track.

•Monday Updates•📌

March 1 - 175.2 - Feeling 90% better today.
    3/2 - 177 - smh😕
    3/3 - 175
    📌3/4 - 177
    3/5 - 174.4
    3/6 - 173
    3/7 - 173.8
    3/8 - 172.6
    3/9 - 172.2
    3/10 - 174.2 - An early weigh in as far as my fasting schedule. I'm experimenting going back to 12/12 for a week or two for a little break. Expected from increased carbs, but, seems that I haven't learned my lesson about drinking salty water late in the evening.😦 It's okay. 19g carbs, 14g net carbs. Carbs were: salad spaghetti squash, pesto, peanut butter (1.5 TB) YES to vegetables!
    📌3/11 - 170.8
    3/12 - 170.4 - Day 1 Day 3 of my experiment in the books. Successful so far.
    3/13 - 171.8 - Retaining some fluid
    again from drinking electrolytes just before bed.
    3/14 - 171.2
    3/16 - 173 - Normal fluctuation.
    3/17 - 171.2

📌3/18 171

3/19
    3/20
    3/21
    3/22
    3/23
    3/24
    📌 3/25
    3/26
    3/27
    3/28
    3/29
    3/30
    3/31
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @mtaratoot Thank you so much for your encouragement. I had not thought of my maintaining weight in that manner. I've been maintaining for over a month now, but I am slowly losing quarters of inches over time. Fiance and I go to the gym on a weekly basis as well.

The quincenera is in the beginning of April but my mini-goal of 5lbs can still be a possibility. I agree with you about making small changes and I know they need to be made in my diet. That is the hardest part - eating healthier. I believe that I have accomplished the eating less part and now it's all about eating healthier.

If I do not meet my mini-goal then honestly, I'm okay with it. Yes, I'll be sad but I just know it will take longer. Keep up the great work as well!