Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• pramason38
    pramason38 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    @beebva4 I know exactly how you feel. It's tough waking up the next morning and thinking, why did I do that last night? Then you lay there and think about how many other times you asked yourself that same question. And you wonder why you ever started drinking in the first place! The only thing we can do is dust ourselves off (apologize to anyone if need be) and try again. At least we are at the point where we are seriously trying to cut back. A few years ago I'd get drunk 4-5 times per week, made a fool out of myself at times and did not even care.

@pramason38 It's funny you say that, because I didn't really even feel like drinking on Friday night. I probably should have just not gone to my sister's house because then I wouldn't have started drinking. She's the kind of person who can drink 2 beers and stop but when I get started I always have 4 or 5 (or sometimes more like Friday night). I didn't need to drink on Thursday. Yeah I get pretty bad anxiety in big crowds but I could have gone to the concert and not drank at all (I've done it before). It still would have been fun.

Annie grace! 30 day Alcohol experiment have a look its amazing 💖
  • pramason38
    pramason38 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    pramason38 wrote: »
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    @beebva4 I know exactly how you feel. It's tough waking up the next morning and thinking, why did I do that last night? Then you lay there and think about how many other times you asked yourself that same question. And you wonder why you ever started drinking in the first place! The only thing we can do is dust ourselves off (apologize to anyone if need be) and try again. At least we are at the point where we are seriously trying to cut back. A few years ago I'd get drunk 4-5 times per week, made a fool out of myself at times and did not even care.

@pramason38 It's funny you say that, because I didn't really even feel like drinking on Friday night. I probably should have just not gone to my sister's house because then I wouldn't have started drinking. She's the kind of person who can drink 2 beers and stop but when I get started I always have 4 or 5 (or sometimes more like Friday night). I didn't need to drink on Thursday. Yeah I get pretty bad anxiety in big crowds but I could have gone to the concert and not drank at all (I've done it before). It still would have been fun.

Annie grace! 30 day Alcohol experiment have a look its amazing 💖

https://learn.thisnakedmind.com/the-alcohol-experiment-registration
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    My goals for March will be the same as the previous months - 4 AF days per week. I have found it to be a realistic goal for me. I hit my goal in February (and surpassed it a little). Daily accountability is good. I was a daily drinker before making this resolve.
    I log the next morning usually.

You are my inspiration!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    My plan for this week is AF. And, I'm actually happy that I will be AF all week. I will be out on Saturday to celebrate my birthday and will no doubt have a few drinks then.

My plan after that is to stay AF until April 13th. I will be going away on holiday that day. So let's see if I can keep up my resolve to only drink on 'special occasions' ! I am doing well so far. So I am quite confident 😊👍

It's great to read this. You have come so far. Lead the way!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    beebva4 wrote: »
    Could really use this group right about now. I really have done so much better lately and I'm so proud of myself for that. I've let myself down here and there with a little bit more then I plan and what not but last night was the first night I actually over did it and waking up this morning feeling like such a let down. It makes me realize I was a little hard on myself before but right now I'm really beating myself up for it. I'm embarrassed for how I acted in front of my family who is visiting. I guess I feel like this is a HUGE eye opener to me that I really have a problem with controlling once I start. Any tips or advice on how to tell myzelf no more after having a drink? Ugh :(

I wish I did....can only tell you what I tell myself I "should" do....intermittently drink water....go slow.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    March accountability ~17 days so far
    No Alcohol: 9 days
    Alcohol: 8 days (14 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including the last few days of February to monitor my weekly goal which I missed this time around.
    Feb 25 - AF
    Feb 26 - 2 glasses of wine
    Feb 27 - AF
    Feb 28 - AF - @ fishing camp for long weekend which is always a challenge!
    Mar 1 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 2 - 2 glasses of wine
    Mar 3 - 2 glasses of wine - driving this evening 5 hrs but then unexpected dinner at my sisters afterwards for spaghetti & wine

It was a rough week of challenges but managed to pull together 4 of 7 days AF!
    Mar 4 - 2 glasses of wine - DH picked up a bottle for dinner
    Mar 5 - AF: Don’t order alcohol on plane even though you have free drink tickets! DH did but I ordered bloody mary mix instead. Then at dinner after we landed I drank water while he had wine.
    Mar 6 - 2 glasses of Albariño (white spanish wine). San Francisco: One glass at each restaurant we explored (Hog Island Oyster Co & Coqueta 5 Spanish tapas) and NO nightcap back at the hotel!
    Mar 7 - 1 beer - DH's sales rep had a beer waiting for me when I joined them after I strolled through the San Fran MOMA for 4 hours. No will power to turn it away when sitting in 3rd Street Tap Room.
    DH & I made a pact no alcohol for the rest of Lent which will commence for us Friday! This will be very challenging for the both of us.
    Mar 8 - AF
    Mar 9 - AF
    Mar 10 - AF
    Easier this week ... fewer challenges and 5 of 7 days AF as a result.
    Mar 11 - AF
    Mar 12 - 2 glasses of wine - alumnae meeting
    Mar 13 - AF
    Mar 14 - AF
    Mar 15 - AF
    Mar 16 - 1 beer - Texas Street Grill after hiking
    Mar 17 - AF

Challenging week ahead. NYC 3 nights & fishing camp 3 nights.
    Mar 18 - Book Club
    Mar 19 - NYC
    Mar 20 - NYC
    Mar 21 - NYC
    Mar 22 - @ camp
    Mar 23 - @ camp
    Mar 24 - @ camp
  • Mike_Check
    Mike_Check Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was pretty happy with drinking only one day last week. Then I celebrated Friday and Saturday.... and of course had to have drinks yesterday given it was St. Paddy's. Friday I really over-did it... got excited I guess.

My goal is Monday - Thursday this week AF. And make sure I don't drink Sunday!!! Pretty tired today...
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    No alcohol is such a challenge for me. Lat alcoholic beverage was on 3/16/19. One day at a time. I have to be honest last October I did not drink for the entire month "sober October." I did not feel any better. Hope this time will be different.