How to have energy on 1200 calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    Just taking your original question about having energy on 1200 calories, my experience is that I do better when those 1200 calories consist of at least 100 g of protein, at least 40 g of fat, and the rest carbohydrates consisting of whole fruits, vegetables of all types, and whole grains.

This. OP, I apologize if I missed it, but I even re-read & didn't see anywhere that you said anything about what you were eating to get the 1200 calories (macros, veggies/fruits for micros/fiber especially). Had your doctor done blood tests for thyroid, key nutrients, etc.?

Also, how is your sleep?

To answer part of your question: I got weak and fatigued on 1200 (not as severe as you report, but still unpleasant). For myself, though, I was able to increase calories and still lose weight. But I'm your height, mid-130s, age 63, eating all exercise calories, and maintain in the low 2000s net. In my case, the deficit at 1200 was simply too much for my then-weight (low 150s at the time - it was almost 4 years ago). Most of my weight loss was at 1400-1600 net calories.