The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good Morning everyone...

OK. This is just weird. Barely 1 page of activity in 24 hours. I'm use to coming in and wading through 3-4 pages between the afternoon and evening. Is everyone having connection issues? I certainly did yesterday, but this has been going on for a few days now.

Hi John.. 🙂

Hi. :smiley: How are you doing?

I'm good.. missed seeing you around here 🙂

Check your pm John

I'm off to bed 😙 have a good one John.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Good Night!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    morning all
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F42%2Fc5%2F94%2F42c594705b5b803f4d223400e625f999.jpg&f=1
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    aren't we all broken in some way, at this point? we're here in MFP chit chat, for god's sake.

Too true. But I think I missed my calling in life. I should have become a psychologist

I have thought this at times, but I would be a wreck of a human if I had gone that route. It would tear me to shreds to have to hear everyone's horror stories.

You are probably right. Even having gone through my own horror story and living with two narcissists, I still have buckets of trust and empathy. It doesn't make me a very good judge of character

Empathy can be a great trait, but when you have too much it can be a curse.
    I've lived with a narcissist too. It's not a good situation and I think they see an empathetic nature and take extreme advantage :'(
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    aren't we all broken in some way, at this point? we're here in MFP chit chat, for god's sake.

Too true. But I think I missed my calling in life. I should have become a psychologist

I have thought this at times, but I would be a wreck of a human if I had gone that route. It would tear me to shreds to have to hear everyone's horror stories.

You are probably right. Even having gone through my own horror story and living with two narcissists, I still have buckets of trust and empathy. It doesn't make me a very good judge of character

I've lived with a narcissist too. It's not a good situation and I think they see an empathetic nature and take extreme advantage :'(

So very true. It often makes me feel run down and depressed.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Still, I'd rather be overly empathic than psychopathic
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    Still, I'd rather be overly empathic than psychopathic

Oh, me too! But some days I wish I were "normal" and didn't feel so damn much
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options

So very true. It often makes me feel run down and depressed.

C'mere bb!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Are there men who are empathetic? It seems like there aren't many.
    And no PLEASE don't send me PMs telling me how much you want to feel. I just want to know if there are men who are more on the feeling side of things and will listen and understand or maybe, I don't know, try to understand.

The way you are defining empathy does not describe me despite that I'm compassionate and have an above average amount of concern for others. I'm the opposite of apathetic, but that doesn't mean I am willing to go out of my way to listen to everyone. Instead, I see things at a more 'summary / overview level' and typically in media or hearing from others. I feel for others many times without knowing the individuals, which makes it less damaging to me personally.
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    Are there men who are empathetic? It seems like there aren't many.
    And no PLEASE don't send me PMs telling me how much you want to feel. I just want to know if there are men who are more on the feeling side of things and will listen and understand or maybe, I don't know, try to understand.

They do exist. It seems like sometimes empathy is an emotion that most people have to an extreme, or not have at all.
    Sadly, I think some men who show empathy get labeled
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think I am a magnet for the broken. Even online. Oh well. Such is mid-life
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    no question that i am
    Me too.

I tend to attract people that identify as being on the spectrum. That's interesting and often frustrating.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone...

OK. This is just weird. Barely 1 page of activity in 24 hours. I'm use to coming in and wading through 3-4 pages between the afternoon and evening. Is everyone having connection issues? I certainly did yesterday, but this has been going on for a few days now.

I noticed this too. Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing good. Come back. Soon!!!

Not that I post heavily, but finishing up a remodel and starting a new job ... man, I'm just TIRED all the time. Plus I'm feeling dumb as I do the whole "I'm new here so the little things trip me up because you guys know all the tricks, like you can't capitalize things on your timecard or it gets rejected..." Le sigh.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    OMG, only 4 posts here since I was last here yesterday? Where is everyone?

Maybe out for the weekend lol.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    The board is generally REALLY quiet. Maybe the login and not a robot confirmation prompt is affecting forum activity.

I've barely read the main board, so am uncertain if drama erupted on one of the threads.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    The board is generally REALLY quiet. Maybe the login and not a robot confirmation prompt is affecting forum activity.

I've barely read the main board, so am uncertain if drama erupted on one of the threads.

Yeah, I saw a lot of people are having trouble with log in.. maybe that is some of it.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I deleted and reinstalled the app 3 times and it kept telling me my login was wrong....
    I used the app for the first time in about 1.5 days, about 2 hrs ago. Haha