Less Alcohol - March 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• mabelsdaddy
    mabelsdaddy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well, pretty good week so far, as i've had 2 drinks in 3 days, but i'd like to remain AF for the rest of the week, which i feel good that i can do. I've almost drank as much in March already as i did February all month.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    My goals for March will be the same as the previous months - 4 AF days per week. I have found it to be a realistic goal for me. I hit my goal in February (and surpassed it a little). Daily accountability is good. I was a daily drinker before making this resolve.
    I log the next morning usually.

March 01 - 3 drinks - yes, chose to do that because I have a free Saturday to sleep in, basically no responsibilities or commitments. I had a very busy week and it was so nice to finally kick back, have a great dinner and a few drinks.
    March 02 - AF
    March 03 - AF
    March 04 - AF
    March 05 - AF - technically my goal of 4AF for the week.
    March 06 - AF
    March 07 - 3 drinks
    March 08 - 3 drinks - time to rack up some more AF days. I think that I broke that good advice on here not to have drinks 2 days in a row. It too quickly can fall back into a habit that I don't want to go back to.
    March 09 - AF
    March 10 - AF
    March 11 - AF - now to get the scale to move!
    March 12 - AF - I really really wanted to have cocktails last night, but also didn't want to look puffy, so vanity won out : - )
    March 13 - 3 drinks. Those of you who have seen me on here before know that I throw up if I exceed 3 : - )
    March 14 - AF
    March 15 - AF - This is all about weight loss for me. Seriously, not a day goes by that I don't want to have drinks of one kind or another, but I want to lose weight more! Company coming, I don't know if I will imbibe or not, but I have been pretty "good" this month so far.
    March 16 - AF - Planning on drinks for Sunday
    March 17 - 2 Gin Martinis, 1/3 - 1/2 of a bottle of wine (shared between 3 people, but I might have had more than the other 2 people.
    March 18 - AF
    March 19 - AF
    March 20 - AF - Planned night out Thursday

15 AF days out of 20 days so far
  • BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of the alcohol experiment for me (day 6 of not drinking). I read This Naked Mind last February but I'm still learning or re-learning a lot. I haven't thought about alcohol much all week and there's still none in the house to tempt me. Tomorrow is the real test of course, but I may not go out to eat with my sister anyway because she might hang out with a friend who I don't really talk to anymore. Saturday will be difficult because that's the night I sometimes boredom drink. But I started taking bass guitar lessons online so I can keep myself occupied with that. And I can start packing up our stuff for the move too.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    AF all week, had a planned glass of wine last night- and I didn’t even enjoy it! Maybe wine isn’t so great after all....

Also started the Alcohol Experiment. I’m on day 4 and it’s really interesting! I am learning so much.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Embrace Friday - don't be afraid to face an upcoming weekend by being hang over free.

t3y9gtryrujt.jpg
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    today’s plan. Don't buy a bottle.
    3/7 – well its been 34 hours without my whiskey.
    3/8 – 58 hours AF
    3/9 – AF
    3/10 – 1/5th whiskey
    3/11 - AF
    3/12 - AF
    3/13 – AF
    3/14 – AF
    3/15 – AF
    3/16 – AF – 6 full days. Mission accomplished. If I chose to drink tomorrow, I am okay with it
    3/17 – I plan on having drinks today after grocery shopping!
    3/18 – well yesterday was un-productive. Oh well I guess I have all week to get things done. Back to the plan!!!
    3/19 – AF – cravings are kinds going away but I did get my fix on Sunday.
    3/20 – AF again yesterday. Checked BP last night and I am spiking again. Probably from drinking on Sunday and going through withdrawal again.
    3/21 – AF yesterday! - wanted to drink but for 2 reasons I did not. 1. Didn’t want to fail again. 2. Didn’t want to show weakness and ask the wife for the 2 bottles I did not finish last Sunday. Stupid man pride!!!

3/22 – AF yesterday – I would have thought each day sober would get easier. WRONG. I am not counting the days sober, rather I am counting the days until my plan allows me to have a drink and feel good again.
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Just had one whole week of vacation, I wasnt AF but I did not over do it! For that I'm happy because usually I would just drink hard liquor every day but I only did once! I definitely over did it that night. However one out of seven days is a big accomplishment I feel. Every other day I had one or two ciders/beers. Its definitely not as good as I wish I had done but it wasnt as bad as I would usually do. So I say its still a WIN!
    Being able to enjoy one or two drinks (not hard liquor) is so much more enjoyable than smashing shots back. We even went out to Dave and Busters one night and I didnt order anything to drink there! Waited till I got home to have my cider. Anywho, thanks for letting this place be a place I can rant and share my thoughts :)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    My goals for March will be the same as the previous months - 4 AF days per week. I have found it to be a realistic goal for me. I hit my goal in February (and surpassed it a little). Daily accountability is good. I was a daily drinker before making this resolve.

March 01 - 3 drinks - yes, chose to do that because I have a free Saturday to sleep in, basically no responsibilities or commitments. I had a very busy week and it was so nice to finally kick back, have a great dinner and a few drinks.
    March 02 - AF
    March 03 - AF
    March 04 - AF
    March 06 - AF
    March 07 - 3 drinks
    March 08 - 3 drinks - time to rack up some more AF days. I think that I broke that good advice on here not to have drinks 2 days in a row. It too quickly can fall back into a habit that I don't want to go back to.
    March 09 - AF
    March 10 - AF
    March 12 - AF - I really really wanted to have cocktails last night, but also didn't want to look puffy, so vanity won out : - )
    March 13 - 3 drinks. Those of you who have seen me on here before know that I throw up if I exceed 3 : - )
    March 14 - AF
    March 15 - AF - This is all about weight loss for me. Seriously, not a day goes by that I don't want to have drinks of one kind or another, but I want to lose weight more! Company coming, I don't know if I will imbibe or not, but I have been pretty "good" this month so far.
    March 17 - 2 Gin Martinis, 1/3 - 1/2 of a bottle of wine (shared between 3 people, but I might have had more than the other 2 people.
    March 18 - AF
    March 19 - AF
    March 21 - Wine before and during dinner (2 glasses) 2 drinks later

15 AF days out of 21 days so far
  • gladys0919
    gladys0919 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    3/22
    I have not gone to work hungover this week. I guess that is my big accomplishment. However I have not been able to keep my beer drinking to 2 beers. I opened 4 beers yesterday, but pretty sure my husband drank one of them, so I tracked only 3 1/2 beers :)
    I attended a Wine Sampling last night. Eewwww…..it was with at a co-workers daughters house. I wanted to back out, but for building relationships at work I did not. I couldn't believe I handled it! What a difference being poured only 1 ounce at a time vs 3/4 of a glass :)
    Tonight is Friday, this morning I found myself thinking, "I don't feel like it's a Free Pass tonight to get drunk". I actually don't feel the same as I used to about Fridays nights. Mostly for what @FeelinFooFoo said, don't want to be pissed at myself as I wake up for being hung over and wasting half a Saturday feeling cruddy. I have a cabinet of Crown Royal, Rum, Vodka and I haven't even opened the cabinet in two weeks!!!

So many of you are doing great. I have notes to say something to each of you with my thoughts because I can not hit the "like, hug....buttons" I am receiving a message about needing a JavaScript. So, for now, because I need to get busy at work. Here's hug and like to you!!!

TERI!!!! I AMMMMM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL!!! what?! you are ROCKING THIS!!! I am so damn proud I could HUG YOU!!!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    I can relate to just about everyone's posts here. My lesson learned this week, is to better understand and deal with changes in mood....sometimes we feel down, sometimes very bored, sometimes upset at others that stress us...starting to see the solution for me is to re-introduce other activities in my life that make me a stronger, resilient person. Just not feeling very resilient these days...maybe I need to go back to my 2x weighlifting class....?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

March 02 - AF
    March 03 - AF
    March 04 - AF
    March 06 - AF
    March 07 - 3 drinks
    March 09 - AF
    March 10 - AF
    March 14 - AF
    March 18 - AF
    March 19 - AF
    March 21 - Wine before and during dinner (2 glasses) 2 drinks later
    March 22 - AF

16 AF days out of 22 days so far
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    today’s plan. Don't buy a bottle.
    3/7 – well its been 34 hours without my whiskey.
    3/8 – 58 hours AF
    3/9 – AF
    3/10 – 1/5th whiskey
    3/11 - AF
    3/12 - AF
    3/13 – AF
    3/14 – AF
    3/15 – AF
    3/16 – AF – 6 full days. Mission accomplished. If I chose to drink tomorrow, I am okay with it
    3/17 – I plan on having drinks today after grocery shopping!
    3/18 – well yesterday was un-productive. Oh well I guess I have all week to get things done. Back to the plan!!!
    3/19 – AF – cravings are kinds going away but I did get my fix on Sunday.
    3/20 – AF again yesterday. Checked BP last night and I am spiking again. Probably from drinking on Sunday and going through withdrawal again.
    3/21 – AF yesterday! - wanted to drink but for 2 reasons I did not. 1. Didn’t want to fail again. 2. Didn’t want to show weakness and ask the wife for the 2 bottles I did not finish last Sunday. Stupid man pride!!!
    3/22 – AF yesterday – I would have thought each day sober would get easier. WRONG. I am not counting the days sober, rather I am counting the days until my plan allows me to have a drink and feel good again.

3/23 – fricken AF last night again. Sick child turned 21 the other day and made it out to legally purchase adult beverages. Of course, the wife joined in while I sat and wished it was a drinking night for myself.

Your doing great!!! Remember why you don't want it to be a drinking night.