40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 23! 55#! Outside, in the rain. A bit windy too. I put the bag...in a bag. We know what happens when the sandbags get wet. LOL!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    BBL Tummy Tuck done...I should have smashed some weights...but after 2 fracking hours in the car to get home in the rain I just didn't...there's always Saturday!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got another run in yesterday. :) Went a little farther.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 24. 90#! 😂
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast: Total Body & Lucky 7"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    Hiked 9km today. ZOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 25! The Kraken!!! 55#! 40:23! 854 total reps. I must’ve effed my math up last round (surprise). Re-added up last time @817 reps. Got through about 18 minutes quicker and with more reps focused on form. No half reps. Shorter rest in between sets.
  • trunkmonkey1977
    trunkmonkey1977 Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I love and hate rest days.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Weights today and a quick walk while the kid warmed up for his soccer game. Think I burned more calories yelling at the trash referee than in my entire workout.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    lol, GingerPwr.

I am sooooo glad “kids’ sports” are in my rear-view mirror. (well, for sure the ‘yelling at refs’ part).

Lifting day for me. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2: Recovery & Mobility"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    Weights today and a quick walk while the kid warmed up for his soccer game. Think I burned more calories yelling at the trash referee than in my entire workout.

Want to burn even more calories? Volunteer to be one of those "trash" referees. :#
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I did shoulders and legs yesterday (arnold shoulders, and bbl high & tight)...plus, raked leaves for a couple hours...now if it will stay dry, I might actually be able to finish this year before all the grass just gives up entirely.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options

Want to burn even more calories? Volunteer to be one of those "trash" referees. :# [/quote]

Oh I know I'd be no good. And she was totally awful. Our kids were being literally pushed to the ground and she wouldn't call a foul on the other team. They were offsides, never called. High kicks, never called.
    One of our boys got a hand ball called on him when the ball hit him in the stomach. Awful. Our coaches had to talk with her manager. She won't be back.

• mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Want to burn even more calories? Volunteer to be one of those "trash" referees. :#

Spent 12 years refereeing youth hockey. Somebody was always upset, didn't matter what you did.
  • Viddo82
    Viddo82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Man... Only three more years until I can join the cool kids!
  • athran13
    athran13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Due to a sore shoulder, took Saturday and Sunday off to rest and took it a bit easy on Friday. Odd thing is, when I weighed myself today (Monday), my scale said I lost 1.8lbs since last weigh in (Friday). This doesn't seem right as I didn't do anything all weekend. How could it be so much in just 3 days? Maybe lost some water weight (not fat) from lack of exercise? Did manage to work out again today though. Shoulder's still a tad sore, but, I feel better having done it...
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »

Spent 12 years refereeing youth hockey. Somebody was always upset, didn't matter what you did.

Agreed. I umpired youth baseball for many years. Had my fill of comments from outside the fence.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Bulk: Back & Chest"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I've been running again - or a slow jog rather. Did 4 miles yesterday with NO walks! :) Baby steps.....