Options
    I'm reading 2 right now:

Summer's Fall by Camilla Ochland and Carol Leever
    The Hippopotamus Pool by Elizabeth Peters
  • amfield6075
    amfield6075 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Currently reading A Spark of Light by Jody Piccoult. Usually enjoy her books but, I’m having a hard time getting through this.
  • katieadams912
    katieadams912 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Do audiobooks count??
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh and Long Road to Mercy by David Baldacci
  • bdflint61
    bdflint61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Never split the difference by Chris Voss
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is the final book in the Black Knights Inc. series and if you’re looking for a really good romantic suspense series, I absolutely recommend it. sa7pi5smpuqc.jpeg
  • chattox
    chattox Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Currently reading books about mental illness and phycology .
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
    Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

oh i finished this one over the weekend. it was trash, despite the interesting premise, so don't waste your time if Amazon pops it up as a recommendation for you like they did for me.

@iMago

Yep, 100% correct..... I too just finished this.

Cool premise, garbage read.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    Relic by Preston & Child
    Highly recommended by a friend, but I am having a very, very hard time getting into it.
  • JustAMurmur
    Options
    Relic by Preston & Child
    Highly recommended by a friend, but I am having a very, very hard time getting into it.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I've started 3 books and couldn't get through any of them. Nothing is keeping my interest long enough. All 3 are different authors and different genres.

So how does everyone get over a reading slump?
  • JustAMurmur
    Options
    I've started 3 books and couldn't get through any of them. Nothing is keeping my interest long enough. All 3 are different authors and different genres.

I try reading something short that's in a genre or topic that I don't normally gravitate toward. I've found lots of new authors and interests that way. I also listen to audiobooks or teach myself something new.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

I try reading something short that's in a genre or topic that I don't normally gravitate toward. I've found lots of new authors and interests that way. I also listen to audiobooks or teach myself something new.

I do the same. Usually I'll turn to non-fiction, graphic memoirs or biographies when I'm in a fiction slump. If I'm just burnt out in general that is when I actually *buy* a book instead of hitting the library...I can almost always locate something from a favorite author or something that just sounds amazing and is worth a bit of cash to get my reading mojo back!
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Wrapping one up, but this is up next. I'm expecting silly humor... We'll see. 1x1oqick4lp5.jpg
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Finished Come Find Me by Megan Miranda
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    s-l640.jpg
  • razorcut
    razorcut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I’m starting The Goldfinch tonight. Hope it doesn’t disappoint.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Why America Doesn't Work: How the Decline of the Work Ethic Is Hurting Your Family and Future--and What You Can Do by Chuck Colson and Jack Eckerd
    This is not a new book but provides an insightful view of the nature of workers and how businesses can be improved for the benefit of the corporation and for employees.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    o3yqclonc29w.jpg

This is so interesting and soooooo gross! I'm teaching Victorian novels right now, so some of these details and stories fit right in.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    8125608.jpg