Options

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Doesn’t brush his tongue

Are there people that don't do this for real?

Yeah, that's a nonstarter.
    Doesn’t brush his tongue

I don’t think so until today, where I was told other wise, by one of my male friends :s

I wouldn’t have considered tongue brushing to be such obvious hygiene.

No dentist has ever told me to do it and I’ve never seen a tongue brusher thingy anywhere near the floss or toothpaste at Target.

Don’t get me wrong, i sometimes get up in there with my toothbrush after i hit up the four quadrants but I wouldn’t go so far as to assume that it’s SOP for everyone 🤷🏼‍♀️

found the gray tongue
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Doesn’t brush his tongue

Doesn’t brush his tongue

I don’t think so until today, where I was told other wise, by one of my male friends :s

No dentist has ever told me to do it and I’ve never seen a tongue brusher thingy anywhere near the floss or toothpaste at Target.

Don’t get me wrong, i sometimes get up in there with my toothbrush after i hit up the four quadrants but I wouldn’t go so far as to assume that it’s SOP for everyone 🤷🏼‍♀️

found the gray tongue

Somehow i knew you’d quote that in a hot second 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Doesn’t brush his tongue

Doesn’t brush his tongue

Apparently you were using an outdated SOP. For the edification of ALCON I'm attaching of few links one is an updated SOP and the others are more guidelines that one can use to develop their own SOP.

SOP:
    https://www.nhstaysidecdn.scot.nhs.uk/NHSTaysideWeb/idcplg?IdcService=GET_SECURE_FILE&Rendition=web&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&noSaveAs=1&dDocName=prod_218525

Guides:
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-to-brush-your-teeth-1058985

https://www.colgate.com/en-ph/oral-health/basics/brushing-and-flossing/how-to-brush

https://oralb.com/en-us/oral-health/solutions/manual-toothbrushes/how-to-brush-your-teeth-with-manual-toothbrush

Have a great Navy day!
    :smiley:
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    About the tongue brushing, sorta.

I heard that if you want to know what your breath smells like, lick the inside of your wrist, let it dry and smell.

Chronic bad breath I can't get over. Total deal breaker.
    Like when you have to take a step back when they are talking to you, and suppress a gag.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Doesn’t brush his tongue

Doesn’t brush his tongue

Apparently you were using an outdated SOP. For the edification of ALCON I'm attaching of few links one is an updated SOP and the others are more guidelines that one can use to develop their own SOP.

SOP:
    https://www.nhstaysidecdn.scot.nhs.uk/NHSTaysideWeb/idcplg?IdcService=GET_SECURE_FILE&Rendition=web&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&noSaveAs=1&dDocName=prod_218525

Guides:

https://www.colgate.com/en-ph/oral-health/basics/brushing-and-flossing/how-to-brush

https://oralb.com/en-us/oral-health/solutions/manual-toothbrushes/how-to-brush-your-teeth-with-manual-toothbrush

Have a great Navy day!

I’m not arguing that tongue brushing isn’t better hygiene, I’m just saying I wouldn’t assume its unheard of for someone not to do it. I mean dentists have been hassling us our whole lives to floss daily and I wouldn’t assume everyone does that 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Doesn’t brush his tongue

Doesn’t brush his tongue

SOP:

Guides:

Have a great Navy day!

I’m not arguing that tongue brushing isn’t better hygiene, I’m just saying I wouldn’t assume its unheard of for someone not to do it. I mean dentists have been hassling us our whole lives to floss daily and I wouldn’t assume everyone does that 🤷🏼‍♀️

Oh I don't assume anything and I didn't think that you were arguing either. I'm just agreeing with the OP of this particular thread and thought that I would share the updated SOP and other helpful links that do identify it.
    I also, don't presume that everyone that reads the links which were included will start brushing their tongue if they don't already. I'm just share the knowledge so that folks are armed with the knowledge, what they choose to do with it is up to them.

• caco_ethes
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Doesn’t brush his tongue

Doesn’t brush his tongue

SOP:

Guides:

Have a great Navy day!

found the non-flosser

Will you take a hike 😂😂
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If they go commando.
  • MrsBradyBunch
    MrsBradyBunch Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I suppose it doesn't make a difference nowadays, since women no longer automatically take their husband's last name when they get married.

But when I was younger, the men I dated had to pass the "last name test." I wanted it to be reasonably common, ordinary, everyday, not too funny-sounding. If his last name was easy to make jokes about, I didn't want to date him. Why? Because if the relationship got serious and we ended up married, it would become my last name too. I had grown up with one of those names myself, and I didn't want to marry into another one.
  • FaabLife4
    FaabLife4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Telling me what to do. I'm grown and you can't boss me around unless you are my grandbaby. 🤣
  • workhardplay85
    workhardplay85 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If they go commando.

Sometimes I forget to bring a change of underpants to the gym, I don’t do it on purpose. Still a deal breaker?
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I suppose it doesn't make a difference nowadays, since women no longer automatically take their husband's last name when they get married.

But when I was younger, the men I dated had to pass the "last name test." I wanted it to be reasonably common, ordinary, everyday, not too funny-sounding. If his last name was easy to make jokes about, I didn't want to date him. Why? Because if the relationship got serious and we ended up married, it would become my last name too. I had grown up with one of those names myself, and I didn't want to marry into another one.

What if his last name was Smith or Jones but he had a secret life full of lurid and embarrassing activities that one only found out about 20 years after one married him. One would then wish one married the guy whose last name was Pupers or Hickey or Fahrtlich or Roach or Papaconstantinou.

• MrsBradyBunch
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

What if his last name was Smith or Jones but he had a secret life full of lurid and embarrassing activities that one only found out about 20 years after one married him. One would then wish one married the guy whose last name was Pupers or Hickey or Fahrtlich or Roach or Papaconstantinou.

That's why I said "when I was younger." I don't think that way now. As it turns out, I did end up marrying a man whose name gets a lot of jokes. Note my screen name.... and yes, my husband's name really is Mike. I get so much "here's the story of a lovely lady" sung to me. I get asked if our children's names are Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, and Cindy. (Nope. None of them.) So no, my strategy didn't work.

When it comes right down to it, you're right. I'd rather marry a good man with a last name like Smelly than a dishonest creep named Jones.
  • MrsBradyBunch
    Options
    Now, a different deal-breaker: If he's middle-aged and still lives with his mother. She cooks and cleans for him, does his laundry, buys his clothes.... later, dude. (Exceptions to be made if she's not in good health, and he's there to take care of her, not the other way around.)
  • a10383748
    a10383748 Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Has a kid that isn't old enough to care for themselves. Not gonna assume financial responsibility for a kid that isn't mine. Plus the kid is always going to be her priority.
  • a10383748
    edited March 2019
    Options
    a10383748 wrote: »
    Has a kid that isn't old enough to care for themselves. Not gonna assume financial responsibility for a kid that isn't mine.

Not even adopt one? Children can't pick their parents. BTW I'm just curious. Im not into taking care of other people's children but it's not because they're someone else child. More of I wanna do stuff that doesn't include children all the time.

That's something I'd never thought about. I'm not sure how I'd handle a situation like that unless presented with it. But the first situation is because the girl had a child with another man. I come into a relationship never having been divorced, no children. Also I'm 29 and have had full-on sex with one woman in my life. I would want a clean start with someone. Not looking for used & abused goods. I imagine this will "rub" a lot of people the wrong way. But I've kept myself fairly clean.. just want the same with a future romance.
  • a10383748
    Options
    Has a kid that isn't old enough to care for themselves. Not gonna assume financial responsibility for a kid that isn't mine.

Not even adopt one? Children can't pick their parents. BTW I'm just curious. Im not into taking care of other people's children but it's not because they're someone else child. More of I wanna do stuff that doesn't include children all the time.

That's something I'd never thought about. I'm not sure how I'd handle a situation like that unless presented with it. But the first situation is because the girl had a child with another man. I come into a relationship never having been divorced, no children. Also I'm 29 and have had full-on sex with one woman in my life. I would want a clean start with someone. Not looking for used & abused goods.

Lol. Like I said I was just curious. I like to read people and why we think and reason like we do

TMI? quick! delete delete delete! :D
  • a10383748
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Has a kid that isn't old enough to care for themselves. Not gonna assume financial responsibility for a kid that isn't mine. Plus the kid is always going to be her priority.

what if she was rich and hated her kids

I would love a sugar momma. I work too much (literally live at work). It'd free up more of my time so I can get into the best shape of my life, be a boy-toy for her ;)

Also she doesn't have to hate her kids. Just make sure you set aside enough time for me as well ;)