"Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom " Group 7

Options

Replies

• helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM? - GROUP RESULTS, Week 5 (8/22)

Hello, Hot Moms!! Check out the weekly stats below.

qhTOD.png

Another interesting week! Sometimes we lose together, and we gain together.

Here's a quick summary of the past 5 weeks.

UdhQl.png

We have fewer and fewer members reporting each week, and as a result, our weekly weigh-ins are suffering. We seem to have lost that Week 1 & Week 2 momentum, where each group saw BIG numbers. Now we're not even averaging a 1/2 lb per member weekly weight loss!

pwL5w.png

Many of us had end of the summer barbecues, as well as school start days for our kids. Life's been busy, and our schedules are changing. It's time to regroup and refocus!

TQ2oo.png

Let's make this week our new "Week 1." Jump in with the same GUNG HO you had 5 weeks ago!

We can do this, HOT MOMS!!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Heather, I really could just hug you right now, thanks! I think that'll work out just perfect. I don't want to hurt the group numbers with unreal gains.

Happy to say swelling is down this morning to 1/4-1/2" in previously reported areas an down to 1 measly # this morning (154.6, 2.6 is assets) and ToM is a knockin :( But yesterday coulda just been a really bad day and today a really great day. This swelling thing is SO unpredictable. When it gets more consistent and I can stop "accounting" for my implants without hurting numbers, I'll jump back in :)

Thanks ladies, you are all so wonderful! I wish you all the best!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just dropping in to say hi. Still no computer so still using BB. Just got back from lake and going again Friday for one last weekend.

We started swathing today and school starts here on Sept 1. I am making Sept 1 my get back at the eating and exercising regime.

Hope everyone is doing well. Izzie, I think you look awesome. Got say I am a little jealous. I wish I could have a mommy makeover. Maybe one year when we have a huge bumper harvest. Lol
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, hope you're having a good Wednesday! I'm a little under the weather but trying to make it through the day.

Izzie--I KNEW that the water weight would drop off. Keep an eye on it, but I'll bet you'll be ready to "officiall" get back in on the weigh-in's next week.

Just wanted to give you a head's up that the Helen (overall challenege leader who posts the fabulous charts on our thread) mentioned to me that Group 5 has dwindled to 3 active members. I've invited them to join our thread since I'm not offiicially weighing in, and Izzie is temporarily out. Helen and I both thought that the more support we can all offer each other, the better!! So if you notice 3 newbies posting on our thread that is why, and please welcome them!!
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    hi all in group 7
    my name is jayne and i am one of the remaining members of group 5
    I am honoured to be able to join your group, thank you
    I am steadily losing the weight, i have lost 7lbs since joining hot mums and i am looking to lose lots more!
    xxx
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    hi all in group 7
    I am steadily losing the weight, i have lost 7lbs since joining hot mums and i am looking to lose lots more!
    xxx

Welcome Jayne!!! We're happy to have you! We try to post our weigh-in sometime between Friday and Sunday each week so that I can update our chart and post it on Monday or Tuesday. Congrats on your loss so far, and keep up the great work!!! :smile:
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    great thanks, i will post on a sunday xxx
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jayne!!! 7lbs in 5wks is ouststanding progress! So proud of you =D Glad to have you on the team!
  • amers55
    amers55 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi Jayne Welcome! well ladies i weighed myself this am @ home its 150.2 BUT the scale @ work said 146! AHHHH! my home scale is digital (on even tile) and my work scale is old fashioned with the line that moves like a hand on a clock (on even tile) so now im not too sure what my weight really is!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    i weighed myself this am @ home its 150.2 BUT the scale @ work said 146! AHHHH! my home scale is digital (on even tile) and my work scale is old fashioned with the line that moves like a hand on a clock (on even tile) so now im not too sure what my weight really is!

I'd probably stick with whatever scale you use on a regular basis. I remember when I had one of the old scales I could make it go up or down by a few pounds, just depending on how I shifted my weight. :wink:
  • renaegry
    Options
    hi all in group 7
    xxx

Welcome Jayne. And congrats on th the weight loss. You are doing awesome.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, hope you're having a good Wednesday! I'm a little under the weather but trying to make it through the day.

Izzie--I KNEW that the water weight would drop off. Keep an eye on it, but I'll bet you'll be ready to "officiall" get back in on the weigh-in's next week.

Just wanted to give you a head's up that the Helen (overall challenege leader who posts the fabulous charts on our thread) mentioned to me that Group 5 has dwindled to 3 active members. I've invited them to join our thread since I'm not offiicially weighing in, and Izzie is temporarily out. Helen and I both thought that the more support we can all offer each other, the better!! So if you notice 3 newbies posting on our thread that is why, and please welcome them!!

Hi Heather and the rest of Group 7!! Thank you for the invitation to join your thread. It has been rather quiet over in Group 5. My name is Tammy. I am a 43 year old married mother of two daughters who will be 13 and 15 next week. I have lost 10 pounds since beginning the Hot Moms Challenge and a total of 47 since beginning my journey to healthier living in Jan. 2010. I had lost about 56 total in 2010, but broke my tailbone last November and the inactivity caused me to creep up again, but I am back on track and it is coming off again. My 25th high school reunion is in October, so I have two months to get down as close to my goal as I can. I would love to knock their socks off when I walk into that room...I was thin in high school, so I would like to get the old me back as much as possible. I am also a runner, so would love to know if there are other runners in the group. It is still relatively new to me...just started in 2010...ran my first 5K in May 2010, but kept going and building and just ran my 4th half marathon this past Sunday. I am slow, but for me the finish line is the goal, and I still amaze myself that I can do it. Well, there is a bit about me...looking forward to getting to know you all...friend me if you would like. Thank you, Tammy
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tammy and Jayne .

I will be posting my weight tom. then I am going on vacation Sun Aug 28th to Sept 4th. I am hoping to still log on while I'm down in Disney and my workouts will be walking around the park all day. Hoping to get down there on Sunday but the hurricane may have us delayed.

Izzie you are looking great.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Tammy and Jayne we're so happy that you've joined us!!! :bigsmile: Hope that your other group member(s) decide to come on over. There are several of us pretty active on this thread, so hopefully we can all help to support each other.

My weigh in today is 148.3, so I'm down about 0.9 lbs since last week. The nausea has kicked in pretty bad. Fortunately I feel okay in the morning, but around 2pm it hits me and sticks with me until bedtime. My poor hubby has no idea what to plan for dinner because there's no way to know what will make me want to puke!

Remember to get your weights in by Sunday or early Monday at the latest so that I can update our pretty chart! :smile:

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend. I was on call last weekend, so after today I have worked 12 days straight and am wiped out. Coming down with a cold this week and my "afternoon" sickness kicking in has made it even worse! I plan to try to get a little exercise in this weekend but mostly just CHILL!!!!
  • renaegry
    Options
    My weight this morning was 154, down 0.4. Slow and steady.

Welcome Tammy, and way to go on the current weight loss.

Heather I hope the morning sickness doesn't last much longer for you.

We are back to the lake today till Monday morning and then it is time to get back on schedule.

Have a cold and haven't been working out but will get back at it Sept 1. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Group 7!!! My name is Cherrie and I am/was part of Group 5. I really want to thank you for your invite and I would like to take you up on it! I would like to tell you a little about myself first.....

I am 45 yrs old and live in Iowa with my 4 boys (19, 17, 13, & 9) and my wonderful husband of 21 years. I started this journey because I wanted to stay one step ahead of my thyroid disease (hypothyroidism) and the high blood pressure that runs in my family. I proved to myself that I CAN lose weight with thyroid disease and that is HUGE!

And since today is my weigh in day, I thought I would share that as well. Just as well add it to the stats! lol My loss, today, was 2.4 lbs! That is a total of 8 lbs lost since starting Hot Moms! Ok, then, I look forward to getting to know you all! Have a great day! :smile:
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cherrie and what a great loss this week.

Renae I'm with you on the slow and steady it is loss which always a plus in my book.

Heather I hope the afternoon sickness goes away quickly. I had all day sickness with my first till about week 16 then Braxton Hicks contraction from 24 weeks on. Hope this doesn't happen to you.

For me today is my weigh in day. I am so happy with my 0.9 lb weight loss. So my weight is now 146.6. I even had Chinese this week and still lost. My stress level have been elevated due to trying to get ready for vacation and watching the hurricane. We live about 30 mins north of Boston, Mass. Hoping we can get down to Florida without any problems. I will be able to log in while on vacation but won't be able to weigh in next week.

Hope everyone in the hurricane path or East Coast is doing well and stay safe this weekend.

Sarah
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Welcome Cherrie!! We're happy to have you! Congrats on the weight loss so far. You ladies from Group 5 have majorly been kicking butt!!!

I'll add Jayne, Tammy and Cherrie to our weigh in charts. Ladies--can you guys supply me with a few things:
    1. Initial weight
    2. Goal weight
    3. Intermediate weight (if you had that for a goal, not sure the significance but it's in the chart)
    4. Weight from last week
    5. Weigh from this week.

Thanks ladies, and have a great day!! :)
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    1. Initial weight (when starting Hot Moms) 166.4 lbs
    2. Goal weight - 145 lbs
    3. Intermediate weight (if you had that for a goal, not sure the significance but it's in the chart) 152 lbs
    4. Weight from last week - 161.0
    5. Weigh from this week. - 158.6
  • chari2011
    chari2011 Posts: 108
    Options
    Heather and girls,

I am sorry I have been away, I got no help with my little one and between studies and my princess got no time at all, but thank God I got some help now, so back to business.
    I have been trying to eat healthy but just had no time or interest to workout and you know it doesn't work independently, we need to make both to lose big fat :(

Ok my Beauties, I will try harder to keep in track. Sorry Heather, my weight keeps the same, no lose and no gain: 153Lbs

Will be back in the new week, and hopefully can make my whole daily homework.

Chari.

3qoPH.jpg