“But there aren’t any calories in sour cream.”

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    @kshama2001 I think calories consumed while rescuing such an adorable kitty are actually negative :love:

Wishing we still had the Awesome button!
  • allieeveryday
    allieeveryday Posts: 85 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I'm so jealous. I want a cat :'(:'(

We've been talking about it for years and finally headed to the shelter in January and got one. They had a bake sale that day - those calories don't count, right?

We got a cat when I was a kid and my dad claimed for years that his judgment was impaired due to too many chocolate chip cookies.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Well it is true that calories don't exist on your birthday.
    Marvellous, next Sunday I'm gonna spend alllllll day eating then 😂

I think it is bedtime. Based on the previous posts, I read this as "it is true that cats don't exist on your birthday," followed by "I'm gonna spend all day eating them."

Whoops! ;D

:D:D:D

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    Well, yes, but my post was a typo, I didn't really think cat owning meant we walk less :o:*:D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I used to get a lot of "you can't eat that, you're on a diet!" Because every once in a while I would order something "unhealthy" like fast food, even though I could fit it within my calorie goals. Now that I've lost the weight, people don't really say that to me anymore, but I know some of them are thinking "oh because you work out a lot you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight." Nope. Working out certainly gives me the freedom to eat more than I would have if I didn't work out, but I still have to monitor and track my calorie intake. There are plenty of people I train with regularly who are still obese. Exercise alone won't do it.

I think this is the #1 reason people fail... people think they have to give up everything.

I think you're right, @KimberlyCapone . This was always my problem.

I knew I had to lose weight, and I knew that meant I had to eat less and be more active. But I lacked a strategy - how much less to eat? How much more active to be? Lacking that strategy, I would vow to give up everything good to eat, get up early every morning to exercise, and so on. You know the routine. I'd usually last a few weeks, until I get fed up or until "life got in the way."

Once I realized that there was a manageable way to lose weight by counting calories, it was like the heavens opened. Suddenly I had a strategy that I could live with -- one that was reasonable, adaptable, and allowed for occasional lapses and frequent indulgences. It encouraged exercise and rewarded consistence and responsibility, without being restrictive or punishing.

I have been going strong ever since. That's why I'm an advocate of simply counting calories - it was a liberating experience for me and has literally changed my life. It baffles me that others don't feel this way too.

Oh man...this ^ is exactly how I feel, too! It took me like two years to understand that not everyone feels the same way.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Well, yes, but my post was a typo, I didn't really think cat owning meant we walk less :o:*:D

I walk less because when the cat is comfortably napping in my lap, of course I can't disturb him by getting up! So I have to sweet-talk my husband into bringing me things :lol:

We call this being in-CAT-pacitated in our household ;D
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    When we go to a cafe for tea and cake, my grandmother will specifically ask for sweetener for her tea.
    Because that will make the difference when eating a massive slice of cake.

Also it doesn't matter what you order as long as you eat the side salad, having your 'diet food' negates everything else.

I'm from a large family, none of us children would allow the cat to be chucked off the sofa. If you got there last you just had to suck it up and sit on the floor! If you did move her you would suffer the sibling wrath accordingly 😆