Summer Summer Summertime

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We just finished building an in ground pool at the house, so I'm looking forward to lots of BBQs and pool parties.

Perfect timing. 🙌

That was the plan...we started construction (or destruction depending on how you look at it) right before the superbowl. They pretty much finished a couple of weeks ago save for a couple odds and ends and final inspection. We just fired up the hot tub for the first time last night as the heater just got hooked up yesterday. Still a bit chilly for swimming.

ETA: we had been kicking around the idea for awhile. We moved two Novembers ago and were looking for a house with a pool but never found one we liked. Last summer was brutally hot and we spent a lot of time down at our local public pool which is kind of gross but the kids needed cooling off. We decided at the end of summer that we would build one in the winter going into spring.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Pool.. bbq... Steam crabs...etc
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love the hot weather, beach, pool parties, fruits, long days, not having to wear a jacket, sun dresses, sandals, all of it. I love summer.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I enjoy hiking under the hot sun. All the hipsters took over the local trails though. Last summer I was stepping over way too many tripods and IPA bottles instead of rocks. Can nature just be nature and not a vehicle for social media hedonism? Ok I'm not gonna lie, this local photographer I follow on IG can make our sewer canal look like the Taj Mahal. It's pretty good.
  • vggb
    vggb Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Being outside and not being cold! Riding my horse, gardening, kayaking, not dressing like an eskimo anymore.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I LOVE summer. I hate cold weather and would chose everyday to be 90+ over a few days of freezing if I had that power. I love sunshine and live in the south, so we get our fair share of that in the summer.
    I am off work summers, so I really like the extra time with the kids and also I get more low stress time with the husband because all my housework is actually already done when he gets home so less rushing around during summer.
    My eczema behaves better during the summer with all the lovely heat and humidity (not sarcasm, I actually do enjoy it) we get down here in the summer.
    I plan to use some of the extra time to make a big push to finishing remodeling my house and will try to get in a family beach trip and probably hit some amusement parks.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Longer days, being outside, sun on my skin, swimming, fishing, canoeing, bonfires, side by side riding. Also, everything being a color other than grey would be just fab.
  • epr31295
    epr31295 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    I just refinished my Pool deck so sitting poolside and enjoying the weather. Oh and yes lot's of Summer time food like Burgers off the grill and ice Creme
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    We just finished building an in ground pool at the house, so I'm looking forward to lots of BBQs and pool parties.

Perfect timing. 🙌

That was the plan...we started construction (or destruction depending on how you look at it) right before the superbowl. They pretty much finished a couple of weeks ago save for a couple odds and ends and final inspection. We just fired up the hot tub for the first time last night as the heater just got hooked up yesterday. Still a bit chilly for swimming.

ETA: we had been kicking around the idea for awhile. We moved two Novembers ago and were looking for a house with a pool but never found one we liked. Last summer was brutally hot and we spent a lot of time down at our local public pool which is kind of gross but the kids needed cooling off. We decided at the end of summer that we would build one in the winter going into spring.

You'll get to night time swim. 🙌 Your contractor must have loved your timing, as it's usually the slump months in the pool building business.

It still drops to mid 30s at night here, so there are only two pools open at our clubhouses for the community. Late late night swimming is the only way to get in some laps without disturbance and disruptions. I envy you.

Here's our lapping vicinity.
    vle43kiie591.png

Eta: It is heated now for 3 weeks @60°F. The jet is on a timer, so we do have to exit into the blistering cold air to reset it.

• 777Gemma888
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    I’m excited for camping, hiking the trails, and a road trip. And of course just the warm weather, bbqing, swimming and sunshine. I second Denny throwing a pool party.

The logistics would suck though. Date? Location? Flights? Accommodations? Etc

Fun idea.

Ladies, ladies. I'm sorry but my answer has to be no.
    UNLESS
    Unless those who decide to make the trip bring a tent and are okay with pitching a tent in the yard by the river and camping there for the duration of their stay. Most of the nearby wildlife is not dangerous, so long as you stay on land.

Being that I am not opposed to roughing it in the great outdoors, the boldened bit is forcing me to say, "Thank you for your offer, but extenuating circumstances of the natural variety are making my decision for me. That would be a hard no!"
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    TheRobotsAreComing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Where the hell do you all live that the summer is so hot.

I'm looking forward to t-shirt weather.
    Lazy days in our new conservatory.
    Barbecues and garden parties.
    Music festivals.
    Getting a dog <3
    And going on lots of walks/hikes with said dog.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options

Music festivals.
    Getting a dog <3

Desert country CA. :laugh:
  • TheRobotsAreComing
    TheRobotsAreComing Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Music festivals.
    Getting a dog <3

Desert country CA. :laugh:

Jealous!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I enjoy hiking under the hot sun. All the hipsters took over the local trails though. Last summer I was stepping over way too many tripods and IPA bottles instead of rocks. Can nature just be nature and not a vehicle for social media hedonism? Ok I'm not gonna lie, this local photographer I follow on IG can make our sewer canal look like the Taj Mahal. It's pretty good.

Everything is a part of social media hedonism. You can't go to any amusement park, monument, waterpark, nature preserve, etc without tripping over people taking selfies or trying to get the perfect shot for their Instagram. It used to be that people took pictures for their own memories, but now people take pictures for the likes.

Truth! What has necessitated device-free events/socials.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Ah this thread makes me happy. Love reading all the responses. I forgot to say summer veggies from my yard! Also, the beach!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm uncovering the grill and cleaning out the pool this coming weekend, and HOPEFULLY raking up the last of the fallen leaves. I thought I got them all out last weekend but now the yard looks almost as full of leaves as it did before I took 20+ bags of leaves to the curb!

Also hoping to take my kids on a quick trip to a theme park this summer. If I can get them to agree on where they want to go. Those two love NOTHING MORE than to disagree with each other.

real men grill all year long, even when it's below 0!

I'm thinking about taking up a new hobby, sippin tea while spilling the tea ;)
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Personally I'm uncovering the grill and cleaning out the pool this coming weekend, and HOPEFULLY raking up the last of the fallen leaves. I thought I got them all out last weekend but now the yard looks almost as full of leaves as it did before I took 20+ bags of leaves to the curb!

Also hoping to take my kids on a quick trip to a theme park this summer. If I can get them to agree on where they want to go. Those two love NOTHING MORE than to disagree with each other.

real mengrill all year long, even when it's below 0!

Lol but smart men grill to enjoy it and not freeze their booty off 😂😂😂

I need a big juicy steak in the winter mannnnnn. Especially when winter is like half the year!

They also make whiskey and carrhart jackets to keep warm! 😂
  • Tankiscool
    Options

real mengrill all year long, even when it's below 0!

Lol but smart men grill to enjoy it and not freeze their booty off 😂😂😂

I need a big juicy steak in the winter mannnnnn. Especially when winter is like half the year!

They also make whiskey and carrhart jackets to keep warm! 😂

You wear Carhartts??

Yeeaaahhhhhhhh budddddyyyyyyy. Use to have a pair of bibs as well, sexy I know ;)
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

real men grill all year long, even when it's below 0!

Noooooooo

ETA: I will forgive you if you grill for me in January. Well, anytime really