How to determine maintenance calories?

2»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Interesting. I could not WAIT to eat more.

I lost my last 15 pounds at a small deficit. It was set at 250 per day but I couldn't even stick to that. I can't imagine eating at 1000 per day deficit at the end.

Good luck, OP. Eat! :drinker:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    I wonder what the OP decided to do......

I decided I'm going to start out next week at 1500 calories and feel it out for 3-4 weeks, then maybe increase to 1700.

Excellent - well done on addressing your fears. :flowerforyou:

It does get easier with time and one of the great things about maintaining is that you have all the time in the world to experiment.
    Have a think about how you feel as regards energy levels after a week or so as well as monitoring your weight. Eating low can make a lot of subtle differences to general activity levels, that may explain why your weight loss slowed down recently.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Interesting. I could not WAIT to eat more.

I lost my last 15 pounds at a small deficit. It was set at 250 per day but I couldn't even stick to that. I can't imagine eating at 1000 per day deficit at the end.

Good luck, OP. Eat! :drinker:

Thank you! I just get tripped up with knowing my true maintenance calories with all the variations. That's what stops me from wanting to eat more, im afraid to mess it up. But I've got a plan now! Going shopping Tuesday for my new calorie allotment. I'm excited to buy some popcorn and spring rolls lol.