April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    For those that were following it... Barkley won again. No finishers at this year’s race. Brutal race!

News finally starting to report...
    https://runningmagazine.ca/trail-running/barkley-marathons-2019-ends-with-no-finishers/

I've got a picture in my head of John Kelly tapping himself out, with that meme that says "He's right, you know". If you aren't enjoying what you're doing, why are you doing it?
    (I realize there may be some legitimate answers at times that would cause us to keep going at what we're doing, but it's an important question to ask ourselves.)

Personally, I am tapping myself out of that race for the foreseeable future. :smiley: I mean I do not mind a hard race, but that is just beyond... well, just beyond. :neutral:
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Happy Birthday (its the 2nd here)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @Elise4270 Happy Birthday (its the 2nd here)

Thanks!!! I'll take it! Whoo! You have any cake??? 😁

Always got cake! I wish they invented a teleport machine. seriously!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Just noticed the wrong ticker got posted on my earlier post. I had tried to put one for the month's total and then one to indicate where I am on my Running Across TN challenge. It kept showing the monthly one twice, so I deleted one. Of course, the one that finally posted was the TN one. LOL
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Elise4270 I love santa Clarita diet! Just started the new season last night. About 3 episodes in so far!

@Avidkeo Congrats! It's a big accomplishment, for sure. I felt exactly the same way about being "normal" for once!!