Sixers Spring Clean Challenge--Week 1

Options

Replies

• TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Crazy busy day. But sounds like you've had one of those yourself, Chipper. Hope you feel better soon- everyone seems to have the same thing right now.

I'm a lot calmer now. Still stressed, but calmer. Work today, not too bad. Not as bad as it often is, anyrate. Water bottle burst all over my bag though- thankfully I saved most things in time. Just have a soggy copy of the Financial Times, which I've decided to start reading as a lot of jobs I'm looking at are in that field, and killed my housemate's copy of "Wicked", so I'll get her a new one.

A good night out, overall. I was good and had a Caeser Salad, no dressing, no cheese. Had a small piece of cake, but fed the icing to my friend and just ate the sponge part. So overall, I'm still in my target calories for the day! Whoop!

Hope you're all having a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm here, just been really really busy. I got most of my backyard cleaned up and mowed. Even cleaned a little in the side yard. Hubby had cut down some really big branches from some trees in the backyard a couple months ago and I just started hauling them to the front today. So I got in a lot of walking back and forth from back to front, from back to front. Then we ran to Lowe's and Wal-Mart and I bought some mini blinds for my dining and bedroom windows (I had vertical's up). I just took down my room vertical's and put up the mini's and new curtains in there and new curtains in my girls' room. So there is my are my arm work out. I need to do the dining room tomorrow, but I have a funny feeling that I'm going to be very sore since I am already.

But, I feel I got a lot done today and have more I want to do tomorrow.

Momma, glad Kenny found another car. Hope you feel better. Skyler is still coughing and has a slight fever of 99.

TudorRose, glad you had a better day today. Glad you kept your food in the right. Good job!!!!

Well, hope everyone had a wonderful day. Good night.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    still stuffy today. DH is too. we are just sitting here watching tv and wanting to take a nap. we are up and around, just blah. son is working. his friend thinks his car wasn't that good buy. well, for $600 what did he expect. yes, it needs some work to the body. it needs a new top, and a new one is in the trunk, just need someone to put it on. it's a convertible. it needs a tune up. oh, well son likes it.
    DH just went to take a nap. he has to work tonight anyway.
    well, off to find a snack and relax.
    later
  • chipper15173
    Options
    boy everyone must have had a busy weekend.....or i just have too much time on my hands. :wink: . son is walking an ex-girlfriend to her car. at least they stayed friends. oh, no i think they might be back together. oh well.

off to put on jammies and get some ice cream for my sore throat.

later..
  • TudorRose
    Options
    Boyfriend is still ill. I miss him. Lousy cold :frown:
    Am weighing in and measuring tomorrow morning.
    Nearly crashed my car today. With less than three weeks until my test. ARG!! Thank god I was with my mum; I think my dad would have had a heart attack. I refuse point blank to drive with my stepdad.
    I've ordered some more fitness DVDs, including a bellydancing one. Should be with me tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes... Though I need to spend the next few days working like mad on my essay. I'll be so glad to be done with uni...
    Hope everyone is good, take care x
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!! I'm back! *not sure if I was gone though lol* I did GREAT on my test... This furthers my theory of getting what you expect. *Sometimes you have to expect it even if you don't know how... * Billy Blanks loves to say walk by faith not by sight! And I think that is a wonderful way to approach our weight loss too! I only did 30 mins today because I have been feeling lazy and trying to catch up on the sleep I missed during the week while studying! 2 weeks til my cruise! My weight is lower- I snuck on the scale- going to try to up the exercise for the next 2 weeks and control my eating :happy: Oh and I bought a new game- Rock Star and I am addicted! I am off to play it now. I will try and do some pushups a little later. Ok. I am going to do 40. There. Hold me to it! :-{ Ok everyone have a wonderul night! I am going to play my game and do my hair before bed!:flowerforyou:

:heart: This group!! even if I don't write back immediately I enjoy sharing this journey with you all!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning ladies....

well, everyone who is around me today will enjoy it. :tongue: i woke with no voice.:laugh: . son was already laughing at me.:smile: . oh, well, feeling ok. throat still sore and stuffy. going to try some strength training todya. won't be doing a cardio, can't breath through it.

rose....be careful when driving:wink: get to studing and make a good grade on that test. that is one thing i couldn't/can't handle w/my kids is them driving. i just now ride w/shanell. still won't ride w/son.:laugh: .
    tif....super job on the exam. ""getting what you expect"" is what i have been thinking about for the last few days. i keep wondering why i can't lose. well, taking a look at what and how i am eating tells me why. but, yet i want to blame on other things. so today i was going to honest with myself to begin and really stick to limits. that it's the extra bite, extra bag, extra, extra that is to blame.

well, time to start my day here at home. going to do some cleaning.

cruise by later.......
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Didn't stick with my meal planning through the weekend. My new goal will have to be more days planning and less days "off". I hope it doesn't show up on the scale tomorrow. I did get a plan for today already and have confidence I will stick to it. I have some lower back pain again this morning and that usually slows my workouts down so I don't burn as many calories.:grumble: I haven't figured out why I am getting these pains yet. I have to get changed so I can get to my workout.

gonabefit, sounds like positive thinking and I agree it really works!

I'll check in tomorrow, but am worried about it.

Have a great day everyone:happy:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! Gotta get right to work, but wanted to say hello! I'll check back later!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    kistin...hope your busy weekend was a fun one???
    deb...isn't just soooo hard sometimes? i think for me getting back into it is harder.

i have done 60 of different exercises and burned some calories. had to use asthma inhaler to get me through, but, that's ok.
    off to rest now, and figure out what's for lunch. need to make up the bread machine mix bags for the freezer. i make my own bread and keep the dry ingred. in the freezer. so i just pop one out and the next morning i throw in the wet and dry and set the machine. need to use the sweeper and do some basic cleaning.

later...
  • nellienell12
    Options
    Good morning girls.

Well, I started my day out great!!! I got up early, like 4:50 this morning to do some Walk Away the Pounds. I have a DVD that had a 5 day workout on it and I'm planning to do that the rest of the week. Then I'll have the weekends off. So got up and did that for 21 mins. Then got ready and went to work, about 8:30 this morning get a phone call from the school, Starr is sick, so now I'm sitting at home with a sick 5 y/o. So I worked on putting some blinds up in my living room and frustrated me really bad, so now I'm just sitting here with her watching Dora. I'll probably go work on cleaning their playroom since I'll have time.:laugh:

Hope everyone is having a good day. I know I am. I just feel good because I feel like I'm starting anew with eating and activity. YAY!!!!

Food menu for today:

B- 2 slices wheat toast w/ light butter
    coffee w/sf creamer and sugar
    S- Banana and Yoplait light thick and creamy yogurt
    L- 2 slices wheat with light mayo, lettuce, and ham
    was going to have carrots, but left them at work, so may cut up some green peppers
    S- Grapes
    D- Chicken Marsala

Exercise- did 21 mins of Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile.
  • TudorRose
    Options
    I'm down to 204.6 lbs and have lost 2cm off my thighs, 2cm from the narrowest part of my waist, 1cm off my stomach and 1cm off my hips.

So would someone care to explain why I'm so down? I have no motivation for anything today. The only reason I haven't stuffed my face is the thought of all the extra work I'd then have to do to make it up. I've made no progress on my essay, because, whilst I can understand the words of my texts as they are, even the sentances, I can't string them into anything coherant. I sense a very late night. I normally perk up at night, thank god.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend
  • chipper15173
    Options
    oh boy shanell can't they do it at the same time? LOL. dad isn't able to hear me today. he keeps saying what?? oh well.
    rose...don't know why you would be down. maybe the weather, the fact you have a paper to do, getting sick. we all have down days.

well, off to watch my soap.

later
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Good morning ladies:tongue:

Had a good weekend. Drove all over and back. Had to take the biggest to his dad for the weekend. We do it one time per month. It is an hour and 15 min each way. I usually do horrible as we stop and get convenience store food. This gall bladder has kept me away from all of that so I did well. Saturday took the little one to a bday party 1 hour and 45 min away. By the then we where an hour and a half from our beach house where my MIL and SIL and DH were for the weekend. So we went there for the night. Then had to drive home and then leave 1 hour later to get the biggest. No driving for me this week! Thank goodness school is close.

I am losing weight easily with this diet the surgeon suggested of bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. 4 pounds gone already. I cant imagine doing this for the next 3 weeks but when I eat outside of that I end up with an attack. So, there you go. I guess that is what I will be doing. I feel sorry for my household because I am grumpy at the end of the day!

Everyone have a wonderful day! Get healthy! Too many sickies out there:sick:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    oh wow pdx....i feel for you. the good ol "brat" diet. that's what i would give the kids when they were sick. you will feel better that's for sure. hope all goes well with everything. doc told me that i will have a few weeks left of the bloating which makes me feel better. all three cuts are all healed and done. i don't even have to go back to surgeon again.
    just sitting around doing nothing. i think the neighbor left their cat when they moved out. been hanging around. might go get some food for it. maybe it will let me get close and my dog might learn to like it. i want a cat. it's a black fluffy one.
    well off to watch tv.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Here is a quicky ladies.....I'm at work trying to catch up made it to friday and will just pick up more later. I am always interested in everyone's post.

Robin- hope you are healing well. Take your time.
    Cass- welcome back, glad to see you
    Shanell- hope the kids are better and good luck w/ goals
    Cathy- glad to see you are focusing well.
    Rhiannon- You will do great w/ Leith and you are doing well w/ your motivation. I am always motivated from you.
    Lauryn- I agree w/ Rhiannon's advice... Do whats best for you and your child. Best wishes girlie
    Amy- hope everything works out great. I'm praying for you.
    Gonabfit- Tiff- congrats on the test. She did well ladies and good luck w/ everything. Good fitness plan.
    SSB/ RSF- I've been wanting to do the stairs for a while.

Kristin hope the baby is doing well.

Love you all. The patients are waiting. Ttyl
    Tamm
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    :heart: Big Hugs to you all!! I'm super busy, but I just wanted to let you know I'm here and I'm reading and I'm totally cheering you all on!! :)
    I put up some goals...they are pretty aggressive...but that's how I roll! hahhaha
  • TudorRose
    Options
    So much for "no stress eating".
    Just fell off the wagon with some Cadbury's. :angry: Damnit!
    Back on the wagon. Nothing else to eat today and will be very good tomorrow to make up for it. So no real harm done- just very disappointed in myself.

pdx- I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Chipper- how can someone FORGET a cat? It sounds far better off with you than someone who's just going to leave it behind when they move. Poor cat.
  • nellienell12
    Options
    My goodness I've got the munchies bad. Bored and getting in a ronchy mood, so wanting to eat everything, but I'm trying to be good, I went for a SF Jello and 100 cal yogurt. Funny huh? Well, let me go track and get kids homework done. Later, just wanted to vent because I know ya'll are listening.

Luv's ya :heart: :heart:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    hey cass...glad you stopped by...
    rose...do a u-turn and back to the plan :smile: these neighbors i doesn't suprise me....
    shanell..step away from the kitchen, it's almost time to start dinner anyway. i am making one of those rings from pampered chef. they even have pampered chef listed here.....making the taco one tomorrow night. dad wants that.

tomorrow is weigh in day.

later....