What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Today didn't go so well. Tomorrow will be better.

That’s the attitude!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Lol it just came to my wife that I do all this chit to entertain myself 😂😂😂
    She was going through the family page history on messenger and just said "you just do this stuff to entertain yourself don't you? That's why you have to watch TV or anything" 🤣🤣🤣

Your wife has got you figured all out man!
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

And if tomorrow doesn't, add a little vodka every hour, makes the day dissappear ;)

I prefer grappa but vodka will work
  • Tankiscool
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »

And if tomorrow doesn't, add a little vodka every hour, makes the day dissappear ;)

I prefer grappa but vodka will work

I'm sure grappa would be fine, but vodka is odorless!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    RIP

Nipsey Hussle - Double Up Ft. Belly & Dom Kennedy [Official Music Video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwBFOuCrdr4
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I’ll probably donate to Ronald McDonald House charities every chance I get after this week

Also, it sucks to get a good nights sleep and wake up to discover that it’s 11pm

• ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    I’ll probably donate to Ronald McDonald House charities every chance I get after this week

Also, it sucks to get a good nights sleep and wake up to discover that it’s 11pm

Ronald MD ? We just supported him few hrs back

Sorry yr sleep was disturb:(
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »

Thanks. Think I’m gonna try reading to se if it’ll relax me back to sleep
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    wb0t3cb4y9ww.jpg
    ElC_76 wrote: »

Dear Ronald 😏🙂 pops up everywhere.. thankfully when u need more than a coffee
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    yscrnjidvvt6.jpeg

They're building one of these not far from me.
    I find it so strange.
    Will this really catch on and work?
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    yscrnjidvvt6.jpeg

I find it so strange.

What is it?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    yscrnjidvvt6.jpeg

I find it so strange.

What is it?

It's a vending machine for automobiles. But you have to bring a BOATLOAD of change to buy anything!

I don't understand this either. Do you go test drive a bunch of cars then order one up once you've decided? Do you order it up without test driving? Is this another thing thought up by millennials so they don't have to leave their house? So many questions.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    yscrnjidvvt6.jpeg

I find it so strange.

One near our main/corporate office.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    @Mr_Healthy_Habits they should have a trailer out for this tomorrow too-

ge679onhhb5c.jpg
  • Reckoner67
    Options
    Cincinnati Children’s Hospital is really pretty awesome
  • cee134
    Options
    I was thinking of getting a fitness tracker, because I'm tired of being overweight and want to become more educated about my health.

I was considering a Charge HR or a Surge. But many comments I've read say things like "If you want an accurate step count, you're going to have to use a pedometer, too" and "Don't trust the heart rate readings," along with people who say the sleep monitor isn't very good.

Well, if you can't trust the step counts, the heart rates and the sleep monitors aren't very accurate, to the point where you're going to need additional devices, what's the point? Is it close enough, or should I expect it to be way off? (For instance, I saw a thread about a barista getting highly inaccurate step counts based on the arm actions of making coffee.) Google doesn't seem to be much help in this, their top trackers seem to be different on each site. Consumer Reports gave the Surge the highest rating of all, but on Amazon, only 51% of people 5-starred it, less than the Blaze.

I really do want to know that if I buy one of these, I'm not going to need a bunch of extra devices, like JustReadTheInstructions uses, in order to get any usable data. If I can't trust the data, the thing is likely to just collect dust, and if I have to buy a bunch of other devices, why wouldn't I just cut out the middleman and use only those devices? In other words, I'm just a complete newbie who wants to make sure it isn't going to be a pointless expenditure before I lay down $125-$250 of my hard-earned cash.

What I need:
    1. Accurate step count
    2. Accurate-ish heart rate
    3. Accurate sleep monitoring information
    4. Plays well with MFP
    5. Accurate-ish calorie information
    6. I'd like something I can wear on my wrist. I shouldn't have to say that but I need to be clear.
    7. Money is important and I want something that will be a good value (i.e., if the expensive one has enough added features to more than justify the additional cost above the cheaper one, I'd get that.)
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I was thinking of getting a fitness tracker, because I'm tired of being overweight and want to become more educated about my health.

I was considering a Charge HR or a Surge. But many comments I've read say things like "If you want an accurate step count, you're going to have to use a pedometer, too" and "Don't trust the heart rate readings," along with people who say the sleep monitor isn't very good.

Well, if you can't trust the step counts, the heart rates and the sleep monitors aren't very accurate, to the point where you're going to need additional devices, what's the point? Is it close enough, or should I expect it to be way off? (For instance, I saw a thread about a barista getting highly inaccurate step counts based on the arm actions of making coffee.) Google doesn't seem to be much help in this, their top trackers seem to be different on each site. Consumer Reports gave the Surge the highest rating of all, but on Amazon, only 51% of people 5-starred it, less than the Blaze.

I really do want to know that if I buy one of these, I'm not going to need a bunch of extra devices, like JustReadTheInstructions uses, in order to get any usable data. If I can't trust the data, the thing is likely to just collect dust, and if I have to buy a bunch of other devices, why wouldn't I just cut out the middleman and use only those devices? In other words, I'm just a complete newbie who wants to make sure it isn't going to be a pointless expenditure before I lay down $125-$250 of my hard-earned cash.

What I need:
      [*] Accurate step count
      [*] Accurate-ish heart rate
      [*] Accurate sleep monitoring information
      [*] Plays well with MFP
      [*] Accurate-ish calorie information
      [*] I'd like something I can wear on my wrist. I shouldn't have to say that but I need to be clear.
      [*] Money is important and I want something that will be a good value (i.e., if the expensive one has enough added features to more than justify the additional cost above the cheaper one, I'd get that.)

you could hire an assistant (perhaps a member of mfp) to follow you around and count your steps, take your heart rate throughout the day and even watch you sleep. I'm sure there are lots of other benefits (i.e. coffee runs, dry cleaning, mow the lawn, etc) so even though it's an additional cost I feel like the value is there.

6 out of 7 ain't bad. You could wear them on your wrist but I'm not sure how much he or she would like it.
    1. cee134
      Options

What I need:
        [*] Accurate step count
        [*] Accurate-ish heart rate
        [*] Accurate sleep monitoring information
        [*] Plays well with MFP
        [*] Accurate-ish calorie information
        [*] I'd like something I can wear on my wrist. I shouldn't have to say that but I need to be clear.
        [*] Money is important and I want something that will be a good value (i.e., if the expensive one has enough added features to more than justify the additional cost above the cheaper one, I'd get that.)

you could hire an assistant (perhaps a member of mfp) to follow you around and count your steps, take your heart rate throughout the day and even watch you sleep. I'm sure there are lots of other benefits (i.e. coffee runs, dry cleaning, mow the lawn, etc) so even though it's an additional cost I feel like the value is there.

6 out of 7 ain't bad. You could wear them on your wrist but I'm not sure how much he or she would like it.

pjxkrm22pxc0.gif
      1. Tankiscool
        Options

What I need:
        1. Accurate step count
        2. Accurate-ish heart rate
        3. Accurate sleep monitoring information
        4. Plays well with MFP
        5. Accurate-ish calorie information
        6. I'd like something I can wear on my wrist. I shouldn't have to say that but I need to be clear.
        7. Money is important and I want something that will be a good value (i.e., if the expensive one has enough added features to more than justify the additional cost above the cheaper one, I'd get that.)

Cee I have bad a Blaze for over 2 years and use it daily. I can't sleep with it on so I can't give you any insight onto the sleep tracking. I would say that no matter what you choose, it's not going to be 100% accurate. Will it be close? Yes. I would say mine is pretty accurate for steps and calories. When comparing my tdee from multiple calculators it ends up close to what my Blaze tells me I burned in a day.

But does a puppy need a Fitbit? :p lol