Less Alcohol - April 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    today’s plan. Don't buy a bottle.
    4/1 – I had one heck of a Sunday. Back on the wagon today.
    4/2 – AF – ate like a pig
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    But I will be having a slice of birthday cake! Oh yes sireee.😋🎂

You go girl! Eat that cake. LOL
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    FYI for those of you looking for new drink alternatives, this past weekend I discovered Arrowhead Water -Sparkling Lemon & Ginger (cheap, no calories). It was surprisingly good and had better flavor compared to the standard varieties. Stocking up, as I will need a lot of this stuff!
  • Monkeyfreck
    Monkeyfreck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

My goal is 100% AF for April.
    This is hard for me because I was drinking a couple times a week. Certainly too much.

Enough is enough
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Well nobody else drank alcohol tonight. It felt kinda good when i was asked what id like to drink and after a pause, 'water please'. But I didn't even feel like I was missing out, whereas in the past it would have been through gritted teeth that I asked for a 'water'. 😬 so that is progress.

And tbh, even if someone else had asked for beer/wine, I wouldn't have been tempted or bothered. I am happy with myself! Yay! (Still can't believe how far iv come)

😄☺💙

This is great to hear! I feel so inspired by your success....you hung in there and kept at it and it's paying off....BRAVO to you :smile:
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Mike_Check wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I joined part-way through last month for the first time and although didn't post very much did follow your successes which kept me motivated.

For the most part I had a good March with limiting heavier drinking to weekends.

I had one Saturday night that I didn't remember very well and just hated it... I was an a-hole of course... and that used to be the norm until I started this challenge!

April my goal sounds simple... no more than 2 beers per night Monday - Thursday and zero blackouts on the weekends.

April 1 - AF.

So glad you chose to share your story. I can definitely relate. Our goals are very similar.
    Let's rock this!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    ashmherrin wrote: »
    I'll join in for April!

My goal is to be AF at least 4 days a week, probably Monday-Thursday.

I have a bad habit of having a beer with dinner (followed by a couple more) and completely blowing my calorie goal for the day despite having eaten relatively low-cal otherwise, so I'm hoping this'll keep my diet on track a bit better.

Oh my gosh YES! That is what frustrates me....I work so hard, tracking my food, getting my exercise in, trying to stay within my calorie range.....THEN....that one more, sometimes 2 more, occassionally 3....and my calories are blown!! That 5 week prediction can either boost or snap into a reality. Ugghhh.... This is Us is ending. At the end of my 3rd beer. The challenge is on
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    A fleeting thought of wine with dinner quickly passed when I realized I really wanted something more special than water with dinner (I drink 8-9 glasses per day as it is). So, in a nice glass, San Pelligrino with a splash of cranberry juice! It was perfect

My son (who just turned 18 today) commented that he couldn’t believe I have been enjoying my non alcoholic drinks more than my usual wine. He expected the opposite. “I thought all adults can’t live without their alcohol”. Very humbling, because who modeled that for him? My husband and I did! But he is happy that I’m cutting way back. I am too!

This is the first time I’ve actually considered going AF more than a few days at a time. Seems like the next logical step after overcoming cravings, and finally being able to limit myself to just one drink when I do.
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    today’s plan. Don't buy a bottle.
    4/1 – I had one heck of a Sunday. Back on the wagon today.
    4/2 – AF – ate like a pig
    4/3 – AF – kid pissed me off and I wanted a drink so badly. Kid ??? 21 year old toddler is more like it!!!
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    A fleeting thought of wine with dinner quickly passed when I realized I really wanted something more special than water with dinner (I drink 8-9 glasses per day as it is). So, in a nice glass, San Pelligrino with a splash of cranberry juice! It was perfect

My son (who just turned 18 today) commented that he couldn’t believe I have been enjoying my non alcoholic drinks more than my usual wine. He expected the opposite. “I thought all adults can’t live without their alcohol”. Very humbling, because who modeled that for him? My husband and I did! But he is happy that I’m cutting way back. I am too!

This is the first time I’ve actually considered going AF more than a few days at a time. Seems like the next logical step after overcoming cravings, and finally being able to limit myself to just one drink when I do.

What an inspiring story...…….thank you for sharing