Less Alcohol - April 2019 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• AbandondedKSCharger
    AbandondedKSCharger Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    @marcvb35 GOOD JOB staying away while being so mad!! Excellent ;)

@FeelinFooFoo All excellent reasons....I need to post them to my fridge :)

April 2nd success
    Goal, no more then 3 beers. Ohhhh it was a challenge again.....sat there for 30 minutes scrolling through my FB posts wanting to go get "just one more", but waited it out, got drowsy enough to go to bed.

I bought some crystal light and drank that in-between beer # 1 & 2. That was helpful.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    April accountability ~3 days so far
    No Alcohol: 2 days
    Alcohol: 1 days (2 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 4 per week / 16 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    What a big change in my life … 2016-2018 I could not count my AF days … it was 2-5 glasses per night or other drink usually 6-7 nights per week. Loving the change I’ve made in 2019 and it is helping the numbers on the scale go down.
    Challenging week ahead
    Apr 1 - AF
    Apr 2 - AF
    Apr 3 - 2 glasses of wine. Dinner at home with DH instead of going to new bar with Sisters Who Sip.
    Apr 4 - Bunco: Plan 1 glass wine I’ve got to learn to stop at 1 at social events when there are multiple open bottles!
    Apr 5 - @ camp
    Apr 6 - @ camp
    Apr 7 - @ camp
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    today’s plan. Don't buy a bottle.
    4/1 – I had one heck of a Sunday. Back on the wagon today.
    4/2 – AF – ate like a pig
    4/3 – AF – kid pissed me off and I wanted a drink so badly. Kid??? 21-year-old toddler is more like it!!!
    4/4 – I let the toddlers stupid behavior get to me. Needed a day/night without grinding teeth from anger.
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    @beebva4 Thank you for sharing. For me it too is quit a struggle. I watch everyone's posts and wish I could do what they are doing. I want it. I feel it, but it doesn't come about easily. Personally I think you have been doing fantastic and I wish I was as strong as you ;)
  • AbandondedKSCharger
    Options
    Balbie123 wrote: »
    Hi all - I decided to try and not drink for the month of April and just stumbled upon this thread. I drink about 6-8 IPA's a night 6-7 days a week while maintaining a med/high level of functionality at work and life. I've been trying to figure it out for a few years now (i bet I haven't gone 3 days w/out drinking in the last 20 years) and was really disgusted with myself on March 31st when I felt like garbage during a basketball game (of all things). I knew it was time to make a change.

I've got a good job, 4 kids, and lots of reasons to stop doing what's become a habit.

I'm hoping to increase my health and decrease my dependence on the booze.

So far, so good. The weekend should be interesting. :)

OH my goodness...…...reading your post was like reading my own first post 2 months ago. Welcome aboard. You will find this group to be full of fantastic supportive people.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,557 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @AbandondedKSCharger
    Giant hug to you Terri. You are a trooper through this all.
  • Balbie123
    Balbie123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to the challenge!