What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    "Cooked" is a little generous today. Got three meatballs from the butcher counter, browed them then cooked them in marinara sauce and am currently waiting for water to boil for gnocchi. Tomorrow or wednesday will likely involve my usual type of cooking.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I made stuffed pepper soup with brown rice last night, and we had the leftovers again tonight.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Salmon, brown rice, and broccoli.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Reading through this thread has me feeling like a kitchen slacker LOL!
    Last night I heated up a leftover grilled chicken breast and I topped it with sauteed mushrooms and a little pepper jack cheese.
    My cooking skills are limited, usually involves the BBQ grill for that night's meat and the microwave to steam some veggies.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Reading through this thread has me feeling like a kitchen slacker LOL!
    Last night I heated up a leftover grilled chicken breast and I topped it with sauteed mushrooms and a little pepper jack cheese.
    My cooking skills are limited, usually involves the BBQ grill for that night's meat and the microwave to steam some veggies.

Nothing wrong with that.. still cooking..
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mesquite turkey burgers and rice
  • Liftingat58
    Liftingat58 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Egg Bacon & Cheese sandwich.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,624 Member
    Options
    It's my turn to cook tonight. Trying out adaptations of my standard super easy dinner party menu for future guests with restricted diets. Menu is bagna cauda, carbonara, and almond macaroons dipped in amaretto made with the leftover egg whites from carbonara.

In a couple of weeks having someone over who has recently been diagnosed as FODMAPS intolerant, so testing out whether bagna cauda made with chive instead of garlic is any good. On easter weekend having someone over who doesn't eat pork so testing out carbonara made with home cured duck prosciutto instead of pancetta.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Bagna Cauda with chive instead of garlic and carbonara with duck prosciutto instead of pancetta.
    zoc9wrz8t6ng.jpeg
    wndm03k4607p.jpeg
  • JMega1214
    JMega1214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a real craving for my mom's macaroni salad, of course the version with tons of mayo. I realized that if I ban foods or don't allow myself to have what I want in some version, I crash and burn so terribly. So I made a version that came in at about 199calories per portion with the recipe here:
    2 cups of cooked elbow macaroni
    1 can of solid white tuna (the smaller cans, 3 servings at 70 calories per serving)
    a few tablespoons of chopped onions
    5 tablespoons of Hellman's light mayo
    Salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder to taste
    I weighed that and split it into 4 equal portions. One of the tricks to not overusing mayo for this type of application is to soak your noodles in water after cooking and never mixing in mayo when it is warm. It will just suck it up and dry out and you will want to add more and more. Replacing mayo with light mayo here is pretty big, as one tablespoon has 35 calories vs the 90 in regular mayo. You really don't taste much of a difference in it.
    Happy Eating <3
  • acpgee
    Options
    I'm the weekend cook. Pork loin is marinating for this tonight. Planning to grill in the air fryer.
    https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/vietnamese-pork-tenderloin
    We don't have rice noodles in the house so will serve with rice. I have salad dressing leftover from when I last made this so will just use it on the accompanying cucumber and herb salad.
    https://danangcuisine.com/recipes/recipe-grilled-eggplant-ca-tim-nuong-mo-hanh/
  • hikoam
    hikoam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I threw together a mock-up of a shrimp boil on Thursday. Cooked Beyond Sausage and VeriSoy's meatless "shrimp" with yukon gold potatoes and put it on a bed of garlic rice. <3
  • acpgee
    Options
    The Vietnamese pork loin recipe was a hit.
    8ckdyk9mur0c.jpeg

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Home made scalloped potatoes and thought I had set the kitchen on fire. Some butter from the top splashed onto the top element of the oven and produced a huge amount of smoke :(. It looks good but I really don't feel like eating it.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I’m trying Indian curry for the first time. Made a curry base mix and used it in chicken dopiaza! qchvkkbedtxp.jpeg
    5cfdaoco1tgg.jpeg
    5pzvmz5ysqpp.jpeg
    ik04wrqa8uxg.jpeg
    yvdwizrbloft.jpeg
  • MidwestAndHappy
    MidwestAndHappy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I worked this weekends (nights, 12 hr shifts) so I roasted some chickpeas and make tzatziki sauce for pita pockets for the weekend. And chopped veggies and some popcorn for snacks.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Ribeye Steak and asparagus..
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Did a veggie-heavy wrap bar.

Wrappers were soy paper, seasoned nori, rice paper.

Base layers were (barely) steamed kale leaves and steamed green cabbage leaves.

Fillings:
    -shredded chicken
    -shaved red bells
    -shaved fennel
    -whole mint and cilantro leaves
    -ground pan roasted peanuts
    -shredded chayote
    -roasted kabocha and king oyster mushroom
    -avocado

Sauce:
    Sriracha
    Fish sauce-lime-garlic-braggs-Chile combo

Assembled and ate and now stuffed.
    The winning combo was soy paper, with steamed kale, chicken, red bell, avo and mint.