It's NOT a compliment when someone says...

Options
It's not a compliment when someone says "wow she has such a pretty face but needs to lose weight"...this is a back handed compliment ya'll! :grumble:

Replies

• momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    "you look good for having kids"

in other words, you look like crap if you didn't :)
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    =(
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So with you on those!! My personal fave ....Your pretty, for a forty year old.....
    Nice.
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's not a compliment when someone says "wow she has such a pretty face but needs to lose weight"...this is a back handed compliment ya'll! :grumble:

Or they say, "she is so pretty for a BIG girl"....are you serious??!!:grumble:
  • shellshell43
    Options
    .." you look good for over 40..." Thanks
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    AMEN!!!
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    'You look great for having four kids' :huh:
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    "you look good for having kids"

in other words, you look like crap if you didn't :)
    ugh, i hate that one!
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yeh the kids one always gets to me...even before I had my daughter I hated when people said that
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Most of the time people have good intentions in their compliments, however sometimes foot in the mouth disease is prevelant. take the complments the way they are intended. You look good, You are pretty, etc.
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think what happens is people will just talk without thinking about how that comment will affect others. :-/
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options

Or they say, "she is so pretty for a BIG girl"....are you serious??!!:grumble:
    my husband is notorious for saying that about women. im like... SHUT UP!! like thumper said, if you cant say something nice dont say nothing at all!
  • hawaiianbeauty10
    Options
    Hahaha i looove when I get "Damn you're pretty, but you'd be sexy if you lost weight"...err thanks?
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Well you do have a pretty face... haha
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight, you are looking good. But you need to work on.....
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How about "I hope I look like that when I am YOUR age!!"
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Right, I think calling someone a butter face is more desirable. I mean at least you know they are taking care of themselves.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When a person is thin and tells you, "You look good, just the way are". WTH you are thin!!
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    One of my doctor's nurses told me, "You have such lovely eyes and beautiful skin...Just think of how great you would look if you lost some weight".....:huh: ....I found a new doctor.....:bigsmile: ..
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i don't have the compliment problem......i just have the rude people that are like "i eat from a smaller plate so i don't gain weight. you should to". i get the RUDE RUDE RUDE people..........but i may be more biased since it is my dad's wife...and i have NEVER cared for her!