Over 40 - Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Thanks kbrik1963 I have updated your information in the spreadsheet!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hoorah! We now have 20 participants that is awesome! Welcome to everyone.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'd love to join this challange,i'll need all the support i can get , because come week 14 i will be working 12 hour days until christmas eve. (i work on a turkey farm).it will be cold and wet and all i will want is comfort food and my bed.!!!!
    My name is Samhradh, i'm 43 mother of 2, and seroiusly over weight and unfit.
    oops forgot my nuitrion goal: reach my protien allowance daily.
    SW - 194
    GW - 174 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - xxx (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19) .
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'd like to join too. I've got a long journey ahead of me so this will be a nice challenge to get me further down the road. I am 46, an engineer, married for 18 years, and mother to two lovely little girls that I adopted from China. They just started 2nd and 3rd grade yesterday.

I have been working hard on increasing my water consumption and reducing sodas and teas, so I will also try to keep my water at 10 glasses/day. I will try to keep the diet sodas to 1/week and the tea to 3/week.

SW - 252
    GW - 222 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 252 (Aug 22) -I started a week late.
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm joining because I need all the help and motivation I can get. I'm 44, married for 15 years but have been with my husband for 25. Work full time as a IT Support Admin. I am a Team Mom for my 9 yr old daughter's cheerleading squad and she keeps me busy with her cheearleading 5 days a week :) I need to lose weight for my health but I either don't know what I'm doing or I'm not motivated enough. Anyway, this is just what I need, mini goals along the way :)

SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - xxx(Aug 22) (weigh in tomorrow)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

First Weekly goal - average 9 glasses of water a day.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am so happy we have so many joining the challenge, Great Job on the dedication everyone :)))))
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome samhradh, Pangui and Squirkie. samhradh that sounds like a very interesting job, we fundraised once way back when I was in school by moving chickens that were being shipped to market from their cages to their truck, my gosh what a chore! I couldn't imagine having your job! Pangui that most have been an experiencing adopting from China, what lucky little girls! Squirkie sometimes motivation comes from different places, for me it was looking in the mirror one day and really seeing myself, I think my subconscious won't let my mind really see the real me and when I did OMGosh! I need to change. It will come from somewhere.

I keep hearing about school starting everywhere, it must be pretty consistent that it started in the states, in Canada at least where I am my kids don't go back until Sep 1 and my daughter starts University September 7.

Good luck on your weekly goals!
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge! I'm 49, married 30 years in November & 3 children. My boys have been out of the house for 8 years now & my daughter leaves for her first year of college on Friday ... I'm so afraid I'm going to lose my motivation with her gone! I've lost 61 pounds so far and would love to lose 19 pounds by Christmas. I weigh in on Sundays and like many need to get back to drinking more water!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Are you playing field hockey in that picture? I am from Seattle but we lived in Ohio when I was in high school and we played field hockey alot. Never played it before or since and this picture remimnded me of it.

dfeledichuk Thanks for such a good job organizing and nuturing us. I really appreciate this challenge. I appreciate having such a great group of challengees!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    I would love to join the challenge! I'm 49, married 30 years in November & 3 children. My boys have been out of the house for 8 years now & my daughter leaves for her first year of college on Friday ... I'm so afraid I'm going to lose my motivation with her gone! I've lost 61 pounds so far and would love to lose 19 pounds by Christmas. I weigh in on Sundays and like many need to get back to drinking more water!

Welcome kepete, If you can give me your start weight and target goal weight I can add you to our spreadsheet. Yes we all are going to be heavy drinkers... (of water ;) Hopefully we can keep you motivated once your daughter is gone.

And KeriA thanks for your kind words!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi Squirkie! Good to see you here!

Welcome Samhradh, kepete, and all the other new supporters.

Gwen
  • whitesquirrel
    Options
    Hi dfeledichuk and all (good to see so many people here). Am being a bit thick I think but do I enter my loss in the spreadsheet or submit here. I tried the spreadsheet but didn't work for me.

Had a good week and 1.5lb lost which am very happy about. Hope everyone is doing ok :-) x
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hi whitesquirrel

You submit here and I enter it in the spreadhseet! Great job on this past week I will update your stats!

Have another great week!

Cheers
  • MakingProgress
    Options
    If it's not too late, I'd like to join. I'm new to MFP (just started yesterday) and I think a challenge is a fantastic idea. My name is Jill, I'm turning 43 on Friday, and I'm married with two children. My son just started his junior year of HS, and my daughter is starting her freshman year of college. My starting weight is 270, and my goal for Christmas is 250. Maybe the challenge will keep me focused. This week, my goal is to just log all my food every day. :-)
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be part of the group and can't wait to have some extra motivation!

HW - 254.7
    SW - 193.6
    Goal - lose 19 pounds
    GW at end of challenge - 174.6
    Goal for week 1 is to drink my water!

I'm not sure how to stay connected with everyone since I'm not computer savvy ... Do I need to log into something? Add as friends? HELP
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Good news on my nutritional goal came within 1 of the protien target today.
    I'm in ireland so my logging me be when most of you are in bed.
    Best of luck to all, here's to a fitter, more fab christmas 2011.
    xxx
  • ksgreys
    ksgreys Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey All!

Greetings from NC, home of earthquake tremors and Hurricane Irene! I would love to join your group as well! Not quite 40 but just there around the corner in month or two, do I still count?

Little bit about me, my highest weight was 204 at my wedding 11 years ago, shortly after I lost about 30lb by keeping up good eating habits and walking daily....about three years ago, my office went to short time and idle hands will feed your face! Gained all the weight (I had kept off for eight years) back....So here I am again, trying to get back on track. My current weight is 196 and I would love to weigh 170 by Christmas! I am currently back to walking at least four times a week before work for about an hour. I have been married for 11 years, we don't have any human kids but I am very active in working with retired racing greyhounds. I volunteer at our local rescue and have two greyhounds that are my best buddies! I work for a family owned furniture company here in NC, and it is never dull. Oh and my loving supportive husband is one of those people that can consume mass amounts of calories everyday and struggle to gain an ounce, sigh. However, he exercises often with me and will eat whatever diet meal I put in front of him. He tries to be supportive, which is wonderful! Working on this forum thing, so a ticker and photo are sure to follow soon! My goal for this week is to make it through the weekend without going over my daily totals.... xo
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    Hi dfeledichuk and all (good to see so many people here). Am being a bit thick I think but do I enter my loss in the spreadsheet or submit here. I tried the spreadsheet but didn't work for me.

Had a good week and 1.5lb lost which am very happy about. Hope everyone is doing ok :-) x
    hi whitesquirrel, i cant seem to work the spreadsheet either.
    you are doing so well, keep it up
    xxx
  • dfeledichuk
    Options

hi whitesquirrel, i cant seem to work the spreadsheet either.
    you are doing so well, keep it up
    xxx

Hi curlyjane

You cannot edit the spreadsheet you can only view it. I update it as we go along, that is why it seems to be not working. It is on my personal gmail account which is why I am the only one able to edit it, but I can make it viewable to others, hope that clarifies the spreadsheet for everyone.

• dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome to makingprogress and ksgrey, glad you found our group. makingprogress I too have a daughter off to University this fall, two more to go after her. It is fubby how terminology is so different in Canada vs the US around schooling. We just call it 1st year, 2nd year etc, versus freshman, sophomore, and there is a very distinct difference between the term college and University in Canada, colleges granting diplomas and universities granting degrees. It seems like college or university regardless in the states are both referred to as college there or am I wrong???

ksgrey great for you working with retired greyhounds and rescue dogs. I am golden retriever gal have two of them, our other passed away last April at age 14, she was a show champion, this two are from hunting lines. I have added a pic of them from our recent hiking trip in the mountains.

6077404133_11bf9158ff.jpg