The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Well done Sparky and all who are making progress.

My curling season ended yesterday. With the weather finally Spring like I can get outside more and start running. Hooray for clear sidewalks and nice Temps
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Well done Sparky and all who are making progress.

My curling season ended yesterday. With the weather finally Spring like I can get outside more and start running. Hooray for clear sidewalks and nice Temps

THIS, so ready to go outside!
  • MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    I'm 53 and looking to get to 190 (lose 12 pounds) by Memorial Day. Feel free to add me and we can support each other.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning...happy hump day!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Mike Mike Mike Mike what day is it?
  • RulerOfCali1979
    RulerOfCali1979 Posts: 80 Member
    Need motivational friends. Add me!
  • AliNouveau
    mcemino2 wrote: »

I"m sure it's a quote from something but it's a perfect day to find ice and go skate!!!!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    It's hump dayyyee! LOL
    Happy Wednesday! Not much exciting planned for the day. Work, workout, dinner, rest. That's about it. Have a great day!

• bustos72
    bustos72 Posts: 7 Member
    New Here, I don't know how to add friends but I am looking forward to reading the success stories.
  • AliNouveau
    Thanks for posting the ad. Didn't watch cause i really don't care haha but i see it's a camel

So how many creeps will i get to block today on social media???? i swear yesterday was nuts and they all crept out of their little hovels. I'm to old to be getting pictures from 20 something year olds. don't they know i could be their mom!!!
  • bionicshouldemfp
    bionicshouldemfp Posts: 15 Member
    Day 1 of MFP; recommended by a coworker who has had success with it

Goal: 200 lbs by age 50 (turn 47 in a week); will need to develop some more short-range goals to strive for

Current: 277.8 as of this morning; pretty much the heaviest I’ve ever been. Shoulder surgery 13 days ago; in the very early stages of rehab for it.

General immediate goal: log everything every day; exercise every day (only thing I’m cleared for right now is riding a stationary bike - but I’ve done that for the last 4 days).

MFP Pals and accountability partners welcomed
  • AliNouveau
    Day 1 of MFP; recommended by a coworker who has had success with it

Goal: 200 lbs by age 50 (turn 47 in a week); will need to develop some more short-range goals to strive for

Current: 277.8 as of this morning; pretty much the heaviest I’ve ever been. Shoulder surgery 13 days ago; in the very early stages of rehab for it.

General immediate goal: log everything every day; exercise every day (only thing I’m cleared for right now is riding a stationary bike - but I’ve done that for the last 4 days).

MFP Pals and accountability partners welcomed

what did you have your shoulder surgery for? I've a wonky shoulder, they're so annoying
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    An hour of glorious Pilates yesterday. Starting to incorporate stretching and strength into my workout. Will help with my running. :)
  • AliNouveau
    sdereski wrote: »
    An hour of glorious Pilates yesterday. Starting to incorporate stretching and strength into my workout. Will help with my running. :)

Oh I love Pilates. I've been doing a stretching video and have noticed my flexibility improving. I haven't done it for a couple if days. I need to get back to it
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    sdereski wrote: »

Oh I love Pilates. I've been doing a stretching video and have noticed my flexibility improving. I haven't done it for a couple if days. I need to get back to it

Ladies - I have a question. I have been doing yoga once or twice a week to try to improve flexibility. Do you find Pilates any better in that regard? Or are they similar in that aspect?

Thanks for your input.

• BeccaBeVigilant
    BeccaBeVigilant Posts: 14 Member
    Well I am almost half century GULP but happy to be alive! :):)
  • sevenspanishangels38
    sevenspanishangels38 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi I'm Dawn,34, started back at this app 2 weeks ago, already 13lbs down 👌
  • bionicshouldemfp
    bionicshouldemfp Posts: 15 Member

what did you have your shoulder surgery for? I've a wonky shoulder, they're so annoying [/quote]

Ruptured bicep tendon is what sent me to the Dr. MRI confirmed Bicep tendon rupture, partial 50%ish tears of sub-scapular muscle and rotator cuff (have had shoulder issues for years), and some arthritis as well. Told the Doc to fix it all. As it turns out, they couldn’t fix the bicep (it was too retracted & they would have had to cut shoulder to forearm to fix). So I’ll be a monocep with hopefully a great new shoulder after rehab

• AliNouveau

what did you have your shoulder surgery for? I've a wonky shoulder, they're so annoying

Ruptured bicep tendon is what sent me to the Dr. MRI confirmed Bicep tendon rupture, partial 50%ish tears of sub-scapular muscle and rotator cuff (have had shoulder issues for years), and some arthritis as well. Told the Doc to fix it all. As it turns out, they couldn’t fix the bicep (it was too retracted & they would have had to cut shoulder to forearm to fix). So I’ll be a monocep with hopefully a great new shoulder after rehab

[/quote]

I've a greater than 50% partial tear of my rotator cuff. They don't want to do surgery since it's not guaranteed I'd get full recovery and as it is I appear to have no diminished range of motion although for me it is. I have hyper mobile joints to which means there's also arthritis. I get an MRI in May just to see if it's improving or getting worse