Can we just talk about Twilight for a second?

Options

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I think I read a quote from Stephen King he stated that 'Harry Potter teaches you how to face your fears, how to grow, how to become independent, how to accept who you are. Twilight teaches you how important it is to have a boyfriend."
    Personally I have read all of the books in each series and basically Twilight is just Romeo and Juliet in supernatural form.

Kind of, I guess, but less cool. :glasses: lol
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    no one answered MY question...... Who IS Harry????

I do apologize, Bry. Harry freakin' Potter, lol

ohhhh. I'll take Team Alcide (True Blood) or Team Pauly D (GTL, baby!)
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So what, you don't like Twilight? Neither do I. But I hate how everyone makes fun of it and thinks it's so stupid and all that.. get over it! If you don't like it, don't read it! It's not that big of a deal! The people who do like it are little girls under the age of 12 so the only people you're offending are them. Do you really try to pick fights with little girls or is that just something you like to do on the internet? :P
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I think I read a quote from Stephen King he stated that 'Harry Potter teaches you how to face your fears, how to grow, how to become independent, how to accept who you are. Twilight teaches you how important it is to have a boyfriend."
    Personally I have read all of the books in each series and basically Twilight is just Romeo and Juliet in supernatural form.

Romeo and Juliet it my least fave Shakespere play I much prefere Mcbeth.
    However back to the subject at hand, thanks to Myers, there are some quite good vampire books that have come out now.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options

Im still trying to figure it out myself lol this post sounds like a bunch of whining and bickering to me lol I dont like the movies but I love the books... but Im not going to pout down anyone else's opinion about them... its childish and why bash on someones success... thats a little childish in my eyes also.... too much drama in this board IM OUT :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha.. There are so many threads on here about TOM and Aunt Flow.. I thought this was talk about menopause...:laugh:

Sadly, it's worse.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    So what, you don't like Twilight? Neither do I. But I hate how everyone makes fun of it and thinks it's so stupid and all that.. get over it! If you don't like it, don't read it! It's not that big of a deal! The people who do like it are little girls under the age of 12 so the only people you're offending are them. Do you really try to pick fights with little girls or is that just something you like to do on the internet? :P

So, from your point of view then, if you don't like my post, don't read it! It's not that big of a deal! Do you really try to pick fights with people who disagree with you about something, or is that just something you do on the Internet?

Do you see what I'm getting at here? lol
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Im still trying to figure it out myself lol this post sounds like a bunch of whining and bickering to me lol I dont like the movies but I love the books... but Im not going to pout down anyone else's opinion about them... its childish and why bash on someones success... thats a little childish in my eyes also.... too much drama in this board IM OUT :)

I actually made it very clear that I wasn't bashing anyone that was a fan of it, so perhaps I'm not the only one being a little childish ;)
  • KateCon912
    Options

So, from your point of view then, if you don't like my post, don't read it! It's not that big of a deal! Do you really try to pick fights with people who disagree with you about something, or is that just something you do on the Internet?

touche! ;)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

touche! ;)

Ugh, thank you for understanding! Most people think I'm trying to be *****y when I turn their viewpoints onto them! lol
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options

I do apologize, Bry. Harry freakin' Potter, lol

ohhhh. I'll take Team Alcide (True Blood) or Team Pauly D (GTL, baby!)

Woo Hoo! Team Pauly D!!!!! I Love Jersey Shore entirely too much!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Romeo and Juliet it my least fave Shakespere play I much prefere Mcbeth.
    However back to the subject at hand, thanks to Myers, there are some quite good vampire books that have come out now.

Hm, really? I preferred Romeo and Juliet, personally, though Macbeth was good. Othello will always be my favorite though.
  • KateCon912
    Options

touche! ;)

Ugh, thank you for understanding! Most people think I'm trying to be *****y when I turn their viewpoints onto them! lol

Well to be honest I was giggling the whole time I wrote my response so no worries :) I'm not a fighter!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

touche! ;)

Well to be honest I was giggling the whole time I wrote my response so no worries :) I'm not a fighter!

I'm really not either, but some people just don't know how to take a joke, and I was worried for a minute you were one of those people. Apparently I'm childish for making this post according to vdavis up there, but whatever. If stating my opinion makes me childish, I'll gladly be that :laugh:
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    no
  • Random_Name
    Options
    I'd prefer not to said Bartleby the scrivener.

Oh, not a Melville fan? He's kind of a tough read.
    -wtk

Awesome reference...and apparently there aren't any Melville fans around here.
  • KateCon912
    Options

touche! ;)

I'm really not either, but some people just don't know how to take a joke, and I was worried for a minute you were one of those people. Apparently I'm childish for making this post according to vdavis up there, but whatever. If stating my opinion makes me childish, I'll gladly be that :laugh:

Stating your opinion is not a crime! :)
  • o0Amanda0o
    o0Amanda0o Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have not had the "pleasure" of reading the Twilight series. I still have not decided whether I want to. Now, I can only form an opinion about the content and plot from the movies... and the I am going to have to agree with you here, Brittany. HP FOR LIFE!!!! :smile:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I have not had the "pleasure" of reading the Twilight series. I still have not decided whether I want to. Now, I can only form an opinion about the content and plot from the movies... and the I am going to have to agree with you here, Brittany. HP FOR LIFE!!!! :smile:

Woo! People try to make the argument that if I didn't like it, why would I read it, but I just read things, regardless of whether or not I like them. I like to be well-read.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I totally see where you're coming from. The books send out a terrible message about women and the desperate need for relationships. However I quite liked them purely for the mushiness ^^