What is your "Petty" Reason to Lose Weight?

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I was told that after 50, women cant lose weight. WTF? I will be 60 next week, and I fully plan on losing another 20 lbs over the next year. I want to look good in retirement :), not old and chubby

Similar. I want to go for a regular check-up to the doc has been threatening me with needing statins in a year (or in a couple more pounds) because "as you approach 60, you aren't able to lose weight any longer, so your blood work will just keep getting worse"...and instead have him say, "Holy s#$t, your cholesterol is normal, your blood sugar is normal, your pulse and blood pressure are normal, your BMI is normal and your weight is normal! You don't need any meds at all!"

This woman is proof this is total BS: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/californiagirl2012

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Let's see...hmmm...petty reasons...

Having good health, more energy, being able to be more active are my primary motivations. Those aren't petty, but I guess the side effect of looking fit could be called petty by some. But I don't personally think it's petty to enjoy a fit body or to enjoy the way it looks. There's nothing wrong with that. B)